• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Many are stacks of 3 because the 4th wing had so much damage it was sent to Berlin for repairs. But yeah, I'll take your advise on board thanks. :).

Yes, Berlin is the one important location that does not work at all for using this concept of "rebasing without ORG loss" as regards getting the Berlin INT-III unit added to stack based in France. However, it possible to pull it over to Amsterdam or Essen (if stacks are based there) by combining above Hannover, and then doing another "pull" to get it with 3-unit stack in France.

This concept has a couple peculiarities:
1) Mostly the combined stack bases itself where leader was based. It is quite possible for Leader unit in Berlin to combine with 3 non-leader units in Essen, and place the newly combined stack all in Berlin (a bit of a disaster).
2) There seems to be a sort of "count" that may be relevant. After pulling 3 aircraft from Berlin to Essen on different occassions, the next try might take all to Berlin (inspite of no leader on Berlin unit) because the basic "home base count" of the combined stack is "origin Berlin, and not Essen". Sometimes this happens, sometimes not (actually just bad play testing so that I don't know for sure). But I avoid it by regularly rebasing the Essen stack on Essen (no lost ORG) so I should get a new "home base count" of predominantly Essen to safely draw a couple more units from Berlin.

Anyway, your AAR is most interesting. I worry about Germany's MP. Wonder how critical MP is for the Reds right now? There has been much discussion if Germany really can do a war of attrition with SU (both in the game and IRL).

Last edited:
Yes, Berlin is the one important location that does not work at all for using this concept of "rebasing without ORG loss" as regards getting the Berlin INT-III unit added to stack based in France. However, it possible to pull it over to Amsterdam or Essen (if stacks are based there) by combining above Hannover, and then doing another "pull" to get it with 3-unit stack in France.
Yeah, well when interceptors have 20% strength their organisation does not matter to me.

This concept has a couple peculiarities:
1) Mostly the combined stack bases itself where leader was based. It is quite possible for Leader unit in Berlin to combine with 3 non-leader units in Essen, and place the newly combined stack all in Berlin (a bit of a disaster).
2) There seems to be a sort of "count" that may be relevant. After pulling 3 aircraft from Berlin to Essen on different occassions, the next try might take all to Berlin (inspite of no leader on Berlin unit) because the basic "home base count" of the combined stack is "origin Berlin, and not Essen". Sometimes this happens, sometimes not (actually just bad play testing so that I don't know for sure). But I avoid it by regularly rebasing the Essen stack on Essen (no lost ORG) so I should get a new "home base count" of predominantly Essen to safely draw a couple more units from Berlin.
Ah, I think I understand now. However, unless the Allied airforces start bombing the airfields in Essen and Kassel, most of my Luftwaffe that can fight will stay there. With severely depleted units resting in Berlin to speed up the reinforcement process. I am dreading the day when the US gets P51 Mustangs!

Anyway, your AAR is most interesting. I worry about Germany's MP. Wonder how critical MP is for the Reds right now? There has been much discussion if Germany really can do a war of attrition with SU (both in the game and IRL).
Thankyou, I try not to think about the manpower problem, its too worrying. That is true, I have inflicted heavy losses on the Red Army, unfortunately the Abwehr does not know how much available manpower the USSR has. However we do estimate that, as of 1st February 1943, the Red Army has 356 infantry divisions and 17 armoured divisions. If this it true, the Wehrmacht is up against a colossal force as it has only 95 motorised infantry, 11 HQs, 9 light armoured and 7 armoured divisions to stand against it. Also it has 25 infantry, 6 cavalry, 2 mountaineers from Romania and 23 infantry from Hungary to call upon against the Soviet Union. Totalling 178 divisions against the Soviet Union's estimated 373. Germany also has 31 infantry and 43 garrisons that are primarily used to protect the Atlantik wall that it could (or might have to) call upon.

Yeah, well when interceptors have 20% strength their organisation does not matter to me... most of my Luftwaffe that can [still] fight... dreading the day when the US gets P51 Mustangs!

Scary... and fairly historic. Once Luftwaffe diminished, don't know what to say - except "Good Luck!"

Scary... and fairly historic. Once Luftwaffe diminished, don't know what to say - except "Good Luck!"
Thankyou, but I don't think the Luftwaffe has been or will be totally defeated. Plus, there is the potential of Wunderwaffen. :D

The Me-163B Komet event should fire in January 1943. I suggest that you research that technology the next time a tech slot opens up, and then start churning out rocket interceptors.
Indeed I've had that event, you've done a great jobs with all the events, vanilla AoD barely has any wartime events compared to your mod. Rocket interceptors are on the way!

January 1943

With the start of the new year the German leadership hopes for a radical change to tip the balance on its eastern front back into their favour as it had appeared to be in 1941. With the continued de-motorisation of the Heer, the German High Command plans to focus most, if not all, of its remaining motorised and panzer forces in the summer of 1943, as soon as the rasputitsa season has ended, and all the muddy terrain cleared. The OKW does not know where this attack will be, but has been keeping back its some of its motorised and panzer forces in anticipation of such a great offensive. Hitler has been hoping to capture Leningrad, but the siege has failed so far, with continued German bombing hoping to destroy all the possible supply infrastructure for the Red Army in the city.

ScreenSave42_zps6d744692.png

ScreenSave43_zpsd3f5fa63.png

Eastern front
There has been little change, except with Red Army successes in the centre, with its victory at Vyshgorod. The Spanish Blue division participated in the battle, hopefully having little affect on Spain's unofficial support of Germany's war against the USSR.

ScreenSave60_zps58a75ec5.png

ScreenSave61_zps4cda83ad.png

German Navy
The Kriegsmarine decided to attack Allied convoys just off the west African coast due to continued British and French presence in the region. There was some success, but the initiative is clearly in Allied hands, with 11 U-boat units being unable to sink 1 British destroyer, with the loss of an entire U-boat unit!

ScreenSave59_zps6dbe628a.png

ScreenSave68_zps9c695d0b.png

ScreenSave72_zpsc99963e4.png

Air war in the east
There was continued victory for the Luftwaffe and Hungarian Air Force in the region, with German leaders completely disappointed of not having realised the importance of air power on this front, and in general, earlier.

ScreenSave46_zpsaf4a68f3.png

ScreenSave49_zpsc8b674f8.png

ScreenSave54_zps6a40e87a.png

ScreenSave64_zpsfb5d75d2.png

ScreenSave66_zpscffb968f.png

ScreenSave67_zpsf9aae10f.png

Air war in the west
The German Air Force has been able to continue its pursuit of Allied bomber forces all across its Atlantik wall, with Vichy's Air Force managing to fend of Allied bombers as well. However, there was a surprising battle between Vichy and British interceptors deep inside Vichy territory, ending in Vichy defeat. But it is believed that these Royal Air Force interceptors were rebasing as there is no other way 1938 interceptors could have reached so far into Axis territory.

ScreenSave50_zpsf7fee0f4.png

ScreenSave56_zps4b58ad9d.png

ScreenSave57_zps1b8b0513.png

ScreenSave58_zps35e73537.png

ScreenSave63_zps445e5b4b.png

ScreenSave65_zpsb857accf.png

ScreenSave71_zps6782029e.png

ScreenSave73_zpsd1930b97.png

ScreenSave74_zps59994c99.png

Help from the Italian Air Force has also been appreciated by the German leadership.

ScreenSave75_zps5838bc42.png

With January complete, the Wehrmacht is now one month closer to launching its Great Offensive.

Eagerly awaiting to know where the Heer will launch its summer offensive. A great victory can turn the tide in Germany's favor - the war is still far from being over!

On a side note, congratulations on keeping this going. I know how much will and endurance it takes to continue an AAR, especially after many in-game war years. Good job.

Eagerly awaiting to know where the Heer will launch its summer offensive. A great victory can turn the tide in Germany's favor - the war is still far from being over!
Indeed, I hope the tide is turned before it is too late!

On a side note, congratulations on keeping this going. I know how much will and endurance it takes to continue an AAR, especially after many in-game war years. Good job.
Thankyou :)

February 1943

Eastern front
This month turned out to be a disaster for the Axis forces. German forces were forced to retreat in the centre, which has been the weak point of Germany's eastern front since the summer offensive in 1942 failed. But the High Command hopes that the Red Army will continue its offensive, opening the potential encirclement of Red Army units in the area. However, nothing can remedy the losses at Zaporozhye and Sumy which totalled over 23,000 irreparable casualties. The Wehrmacht finished its retreat behind the Dnieper, albeit involuntarily. Only Priluki remains as a forward base to the east of the river.

ScreenSave4_zps32ae1234.png

ScreenSave14_zps0fcd7c97.png

ScreenSave19_zps60db0bb5.png

ScreenSave23_zpsec916d5f.png

ScreenSave36_zps4a8a2533.png

ScreenSave37_zps0b21c224.png

Rommel was part of the shameful retreat of the Heer!
ScreenSave38_zps44de920e.png

Air war in the east
The Luftwaffe continued imposing severe losses on the Red Air force all across the front.
ScreenSave13_zps57e1d628.png

ScreenSave17_zps18b0b573.png

ScreenSave32_zpsba668d9e.png

ScreenSave39_zps1c065e2c.png

The continued attempts to bomb Leningrad only ended in failure.
ScreenSave15_zpsdc363389.png

Air war in the west
The German Air Force has inflicted even more defeats on both the US and UK Air Force's. It even managed to defeat the feared US fighters flying over Aachen.

ScreenSave8_zps10993585.png

ScreenSave40_zpsf8a476bd.png

ScreenSave43_zps9aafe3a8.png

ScreenSave45_zpsf8b56561.png

ScreenSave49_zps835400d9.png

The Vichy Air Force continues a brave and somewhat success defence of its territory.
ScreenSave18_zpsc7a13b41.png

ScreenSave20_zpsc22a4a3e.png

ScreenSave27_zps7e224972.png

German Navy
The German U-boats had a successful month against Allied convoys, reminding the Kriegsmarine of the great victories it experienced years ago.

ScreenSave22_zps81e88033.png

ScreenSave25_zps7537f756.png

ScreenSave26_zps30fd9c50.png

ScreenSave28_zpse50b0389.png

ScreenSave29_zpsc0b49fe4.png

ScreenSave30_zpsbecd82fe.png

One more month closer to the Great Offensive! How long will it take for this cursed winter to end!!

ScreenSave42_zpsc89d6a7b.png

Last edited:
Intense game you got going. Did you completely demotorize? Can you post your current force breakdown? I see you're starting to run low on rares. One tip that might help is to start trading your blueprints to the other minors in exchange for either rares or oil which can be converted to rares after you have the latest techs for conversion. Finland and Croatia tend to have a couple thousand rares lying a round. Only other alternative is to up the infra in Berlin, Hanover and Cologne. How is Japan doing in your game so far? They've won in China in back to back games for me in the last version of TRM.

Will the goal be Stalingrad?
Not sure, that might be a bit ambitious to be honest. I just hope to encircle and destroy as many Red Army units as possible!
Intense game you got going.
Indeed it is, I am enjoying the challenge.
Did you completely demotorize? Can you post your current force breakdown?
I haven't completed de-motorised, I will probably aim to keep 40 motorised divisions but that might be too ambitious. My army as of 1st May 1943 consists of 75 mot inf, 41 garrison, 38 infantry, 8 l. arm, 6 arm, 2 moun, 3 militia, 1 cavalry. I will have another 18 infantry divisions by 19th January 1944 so the de-motorisation may not be happening fast enough!
I see you're starting to run low on rares. One tip that might help is to start trading your blueprints to the other minors in exchange for either rares or oil which can be converted to rares after you have the latest techs for conversion. Finland and Croatia tend to have a couple thousand rares lying a round. Only other alternative is to up the infra in Berlin, Hanover and Cologne.
Now I have researched the 1943 techs for the synthetics plants I have them at all effect, the main problem is oil now. Minus 270 a day! I will indeed call upon my allies for more economic support.
How is Japan doing in your game so far? They've won in China in back to back games for me in the last version of TRM.
I wish they had won China! They have been struggling throughout the campaign. My next update has a screenshot of the situation, but it's not looking good for Japan (in China at least, in other places it's doing well).

March 1943

Eastern front
March was full of Soviet attacks in the central part of the front, with German counter-attacks experiencing varied results due to the continued winter weather. The attack on Zhoblin showed the challenge faced by the Heer with 24 Soviet divisions facing just 2 German divisions. The chance of having the Great Offensive in the centre increased, but the leadership has doubts as to whether there are enough Soviet divisions in the area to make the attack worthwhile.

ScreenSave53_zpseb6564c1.png

ScreenSave60_zps70fd4b1c.png

ScreenSave61_zpsc6edc7b4.png

ScreenSave68_zpsbd5742e8.png

ScreenSave70_zps21a3b3f6.png

ScreenSave75_zpse7716219.png

ScreenSave78_zps9a7478d2.png

ScreenSave84_zps94a43a6d.png

Air war in the east
The Luftwaffe had many successes against the Red Air Force all across the front. However the German leadership was slightly surprised at the sight of modern Soviet tactical bombers. Nonetheless it was clear that Soviet pilots had experienced the full force of the Germans, with their casualties mounting.

ScreenSave51_zps501e3f7a.png

ScreenSave58_zpse8e7b7ba.png

ScreenSave69_zps11372582.png

Naval war
The Kriegsmarine can boast of several successes against the UK and US convoy systems, especially inflicting casualties just off the Portuguese coast.

ScreenSave55_zpsa0dc8bd7.png

ScreenSave56_zps95881312.png

ScreenSave57_zps604d438b.png

ScreenSave71_zps39b4aa46.png

ScreenSave76_zps99e6684b.png

ScreenSave0_zps8c0d597e.png

Situation in Norway
The British invasion force of Norway continued to receive support from the RAF and USAAF while it captured all of northern Norway. The German navy patrolled the area to attack any convoys being sent there, with some success against the Allied Navies with the sinking of two light cruisers and two convoys.

ScreenSave73_zpsa024b283.png

ScreenSave5_zps4683ca47.png

ScreenSave8_zps4b270b6a.png

The Royal Air Force also started to bomb the main German supply depot in Norway, bringing a fear of losing Norway to the forefront of German concerns in the west. The Luftwaffe sent more interceptors to deal with the threat, it's most modern forces to deter any further aerial threat to German-Norway.

ScreenSave86_zps1b968aa7.png

ScreenSave90_zps05353400.png

Air war in the west
The Luftwaffe was pleased to see an array of German victories over the American and British Air Forces throughout March, with continued Vichy successes in addition.

ScreenSave62_zpsd889da58.png

ScreenSave66_zps367c0ca7.png

ScreenSave79_zpsa41e26fc.png

ScreenSave82_zpsb854335e.png

ScreenSave2_zpscb2efa3c.png

ScreenSave1_zpsb5dc52de.png

The UK started bombing German air bases in northern France, triggering concern amongst the Wehrmacht leadership that this was to ensure air supremacy over France as a precursor to invasion. Only time will tell.

ScreenSave77_zps8bcd68d2.png

International Events
The USA surprised the world with its peaceful annexation of Persia, with Italian forces having landed in the area only days beforehand.

ScreenSave63_zpscd13848a.png

ScreenSave64_zps603edb4e.png

The situation in China does not look good for Japan. The US has retained control of Hainan, which it captured in April 1942 and has taken Formosa. Meanwhile China has pushed back Japanese forces and kept them limited to the northern and southern regions.

ScreenSave6_zps2724fc79.png

Last edited:
The Royal Air Force also started to bomb the main German supply depot in Norway, bringing a fear of losing Norway to the forefront of German concerns in the west. The Luftwaffe sent more interceptors to deal with the threat, it's most modern forces to deter any further aerial threat to German-Norway.
Gosh, that was one hell of a raid! 59% Infra damage... what did they drop on those Norwegian railways? ;)

By the way, do you know if that raid actually also decreased the amount of supplies/oil in the depot? (or, worded differently: do Infra strikes damage supply depots?)

Gosh, that was one hell of a raid! 59% Infra damage... what did they drop on those Norwegian railways? ;)
I think just the 4 STR bombers, maybe TRM boosted them but I have heard others saying how overpowered strategic bombers are on 'vanilla' AoD. But the RAF will not be able to return again anyway.

By the way, do you know if that raid actually also decreased the amount of supplies/oil in the depot? (or, worded differently: do Infra strikes damage supply depots?)
Bizarrely it seems to have an positive effect, all the information I can get is from auto saves:
April 1943 - Kristiansand infra: 22.9%
Kristiansand ESE - 75.67%
Bergen ESE - 91.49%
Oslo ESE - 113.19%

May 1943 - Kristiansand infra: 28.5%
Kristiansand ESE - 77.26%
Bergen ESE - 87.48%
Oslo ESE - 109.68%

Last edited:
Bizarrely it seems to have an adverse effect, all the information I can get is from auto saves:
April 1943 - Kristiansand infra: 22.9%
Kristiansand ESE - 75.67%
Bergen ESE - 91.49%
Oslo ESE - 113.19%

May 1943 - Kristiansand infra: 28.5%
Kristiansand ESE - 77.26%
Bergen ESE - 87.48%
Oslo ESE - 109.68%
Hm, thanks - but I was actually wondering if you noticed a decrease in the supply depots :) (i.e., for example: 1 hour before the raid, Kristiansand's supplies 500, oil 300; 1 hour after the raid: supplies 450, oil 370).

I know however that it's not something you could have looked at before the raid... but I was curious!

Hm, thanks - but I was actually wondering if you noticed a decrease in the supply depots :) (i.e., for example: 1 hour before the raid, Kristiansand's supplies 500, oil 300; 1 hour after the raid: supplies 450, oil 370).
I know however that it's not something you could have looked at before the raid... but I was curious!
Oh, good question, I wish I knew! But I doubt it would've done so.

Oh, good question, I wish I knew! But I doubt it would've done so.
It would be cool, though! Although not very favorable for you, in this case ;) . I'm sure Pang knows the answer to this question too - does he read your AAR as well, however? We need to drag him here!

It would be cool, though! Although not very favorable for you, in this case ;) .
Indeed it would be a nice addition to the game. I'd like there to be the possibility of land depots that increase the ESE of nearby units (i.e. Koenigsberg as a supply depot for eastern front units). But that would require a more much tighter and stringent supply system (which is too generous at the moment, IMO).

I'm sure Pang knows the answer to this question too - does he read your AAR as well, however? We need to drag him here!
Haha, well I think he prefers 'vanilla' AoD AARs to see how the game operates, I don't think he's a big fan of modifications.