• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Well even if I were to stand for this as my first election and won I'd still becomes the youngest president ever bizarely.))

As an American citizen and US senator i'd like to throw in my lot behind the just and honorable James Boozeman Kerr and his ticket, I beleive that at this time his platform is the most well stated and well developed and it is his platform that I beleive will brin our great nation the greatest prosperity and stability.
Thank you and god bless,
Senator Franz Welty-Welday

Fellow Americans, I come to you today, the voters and Congressmen, to delcare with a heavy heart of the withdrawl from the election the ticket of Myself and Mr. Davis, and the disbanding of the SNP. It has become clear that radicals may soon take over the Presidency, so it is my decision to vote for Mr. Walsh of the Democrats and I urge any remaining SNP members to do the same. May God prevent the shattering of the Union that is growing ever more apparent with this election. I also offer to the public and acting government, of my resignation from my command as Acting General of U.S. armed forces. I have lived a good life, and I wish to spend the remainder of it in deep regret of what could have been.
-Nicolas Khur

Vote: Mr. Walsh of the Democrats

So the great leader of Southern moderation and sensibility towards the issue of slavery decides to throw in the towel and support one who would ignore the issue until it came to the boiling point and would break our Union into fragments.

Though it was your choice, I am disappointed. May God help us all.

So the great leader of Southern moderation and sensibility towards the issue of slavery decides to throw in the towel and support one who would ignore the issue until it came to the boiling point and would break our Union into fragments.

Mr. Walsh of the Democrats

It was actually my idea originally. We at the SNP always have and will continue to support a equal and persevering union even from within the democratic party. The battle with our parties radical faction destroyed us from within and while the SNP may be finished, our truth is eternal. The southern people had the answer to preservation of the union and the fact that niether the Radical whigs or the radical seccesionists heeded our dire warnings will go down in history as one of the greatest failures of American government. While me and Mr. Khur, the last of the SNP, will continue to fight our Lost Cause, I fear that a critical point has already been passed, and a national split is inevitable. You must not worry about the loyalty of Mr. Khur he is and always will be loyal to the union through any trial and tribulation. Unfortunautly, even if it damns me to hell, I cannot bring myself to march against my fellow southerner. If Georgia Secedes I must follow it, and I will fight to the bitter end. My slaves will be freed at the outset of such a war, because despite our superior soldiering and chivalry I doubt that a war of that sort can result in anything but a defeat for the southern States. The SNM will remain and I will continue to be its commander in chiefbut the voice of southern moderation that tried to save this country has been extinguished.

-God Save The Union and God Save The South!
-Colonel Thomas J.L. Davis

"If a man or nation so wills it may undertake any endeavour, thus the measure of mans strength is not his ability to start a action, but to see it through to the bitter end regardless of what hell and his enemies may have in store for him."

-Colonel Thomas J.L. Davis, 1849

Mr. Walsh of the Democrats

It was actually my idea originally. We at the SNP always have and will continue to support a equal and persevering union even from within the democratic party. The battle with our parties radical faction destroyed us from within and while the SNP may be finished, our truth is eternal. The southern people had the answer to preservation of the union and the fact that niether the Radical whigs or the radical seccesionists heeded our dire warnings will go down in history as one of the greatest failures of American government. While me and Mr. Khur, the last of the SNP, will continue to fight our Lost Cause, I fear that a critical point has already been passed, and a national split is inevitable. You must not worry about the loyalty of Mr. Khur he is and always will be loyal to the union through any trial and tribulation. Unfortunautly, even if it damns me to hell, I cannot bring myself to march against my fellow southerner. If Georgia Secedes I must follow it, and I will fight to the bitter end. My slaves will be freed at the outset of such a war, because despite our superior soldiering and chivalry I doubt that a war of that sort can result in anything but a defeat for the southern States. The SNM will remain and I will continue to be its commander in chiefbut the voice of southern moderation that tried to save this country has been extinguished.

-God Save The Union and God Save The South!
-Colonel Thomas J.L. Davis

"If a man or nation so wills it may undertake any endeavour, thus the measure of mans strength is not his ability to start a action, but to see it through to the bitter end regardless of what hell and his enemies may have in store for him."

-Colonel Thomas J.L. Davis, 1849

No voice is ever truely silenced until it itself ceases to speak.

Our democratic position is not to ignore slavery, rather attempt to resolve it without tensions. I feel that over time Slavery must die but to abolish it now would invoke riots and economic destruction in the south.

No voice is ever truely silenced until it itself ceases to speak.

And continue to speak it shall, even if the South declares its independence and Atlanta is burning and crumbling around us I shall continue to speak the inconvienient truth and I shall continue to fight, even to the death, even to the last man.

MEANWHILE IN NEW ORLEANS

As a cigar is taken from his mouth, Mister Bute stood, seeing those in arms approach him. He cocks his gun, and aims. The men halt, a man steps forward and shows the flag of the South. Mr Bute let's down his guard, but a bullet passes through his face. Felled by the lying North. His mansion is then burned to the ground, the only surviving thing: A manuscript for a book warning of the incoming Assimilation of the Southern people.

And so, Mister Bute is dead (Or soon he shall be dancing in heaven, who knows (THRILLER! THRILLER NIGHT)

((Also know what I don't get? People who are at war are in this AAR talking as if side-by-side. Kind of Funny))

MEANWHILE IN NEW ORLEANS

As a cigar is taken from his mouth, Mister Bute stood, seeing those in arms approach him. He cocks his gun, and aims. The men halt, a man steps forward and shows the flag of the South. Mr Bute let's down his guard, but a bullet passes through his face. Felled by the lying North. His mansion is then burned to the ground, the only surviving thing: A manuscript for a book warning of the incoming Assimilation of the Southern people.

And so, Mister Bute is dead (Or soon he shall be dancing in heaven, who knows (THRILLER! THRILLER NIGHT)

((Also know what I don't get? People who are at war are in this AAR talking as if side-by-side. Kind of Funny))

The Southern War for Independence/Civil War has not yet started, didnt your carachter die of his illness anyway?

((No, I don't care if it didn't start. Just consider it a tale of the future.

Besides he had Scale Itch, it just Itches, not kill. Hensce the name))

((OH GOD IT ITCHES))

((No, I don't care if it didn't start. Just consider it a tale of the future.

Besides he had Scale Itch, it just Itches, not kill. Hensce the name))

((OH GOD IT ITCHES))

((Then Make it into a dream or something to avoid confusion, to be fair I had to read it three times to figure out what it was))

((But I'm lazyyyy))

((Fine))

To all who read my illfaited attempt at killing my guy off!

Just say it was him saying the way he preferred to die then from an STD from an Alien Feral beast.))

These most uncharacteristic attacks by General Khur seem very inappropriate. How can he denounce me as a radical for merely proposing the same course that he calls for, peaceful abolition? The whig platform is built through and through with the belief in freedom and we have no intent to force abolition on the south, merely prove to them the worthiness of our cause. If General Khur fears that the worthiness of our ideas will overwhelm the South, that can hardly be blamed on my candidacy, now can it? My administration has no plans to attempt to pass laws that are better left to the states and would not sign any such proposals into law. As such I do not see what provoked this outburst from my college.

These most uncharacteristic attacks by General Khur seem very inappropriate. How can he denounce me as a radical for merely proposing the same course that he calls for, peaceful abolition? The whig platform is built through and through with the belief in freedom and we have no intent to force abolition on the south, merely prove to them the worthiness of our cause. If General Khur fears that the worthiness of our ideas will overwhelm the South, that can hardly be blamed on my candidacy, now can it? My administration has no plans to attempt to pass laws that are better left to the states and would not sign any such proposals into law. As such I do not see what provoked this outburst from my college.

Good sir, I did not mean you yourself when speaking of radicalism, but of those in your proposed cabinet influencing you even to this junction. I agree with your stance, but it is obvious now that the people of the north do not wish for a slow and peaceful abolition of slavery. Slavery will only end in violence now that the South's one voice of democracy is gone. I also connot condone your proposed policy of a reduction in the armed forces, the web of politics is always shifting, and you will never know when your best friend will stab you in the back.

Our democratic position is not to ignore slavery, rather attempt to resolve it without tensions. I feel that over time Slavery must die but to abolish it now would invoke riots and economic destruction in the south.

But neither the SNP nor the Whigs propose immediate abolition. Sure, there are radicals in the Whigs that call for it, but then again there were radicals in the SNP that called for secession (and still do). Quite frankly, whether you would admit it or not, your stance, at least comparatively speaking, IS to ignore it.

I will not ignore the issue, I have no death wish for this Union. I am a proud Virginian, but my loyalty is to the Union first. I will compromise where compromise is possible and do my best to preserve the Union should I become president, and if the war proves inevitable I will not fight for the North or South, but for the Union. I will use every method, every skill, every scrap of strngh I have to hold this Union together, till death do me part.

I will not ignore the issue, I have no death wish for this Union. I am a proud Virginian, but my loyalty is to the Union first. I will compromise where compromise is possible and do my best to preserve the Union should I become president, and if the war proves inevitable I will not fight for the North or South, but for the Union. I will use every method, every skill, every scrap of strngh I have to hold this Union together, till death do me part.

Hear, hear! An excellent speech, and I for one salute you for it.