What is the Republic of China's position on Hong Kong and Macao?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tuva was annexed by Tsarist government in 1913 IIRC. Only ROC has this claim because PRC recognized Outer Mongolia.

After reading a little bit on this issue, the Chinese claim looks extremely weak to me. They have never really ruled the area, it was always very autonomous and free of Chinese troops and administration. Even calling it a protectorate would be a stretch.

That's where the Qing-Russia border was in 1912, then Russia pulled a Putin when China was having a revolution.

And Taiwan does recognize Mongolia officially, see the map by their MoFA:
http://www.mofa.gov.tw/CountryAreaI...BE749&n=A985E71D2A3FA4B6&sms=26470E539B6FA395
Just that they don't want to go through the trouble and accidentally pissing off China when doing so.

They claim China. Aksal Chin was annexed by China. Unless they specifically exclude Aksal Chin from their claim then de facto they claim it.[/QUOTE

Is that true? I was under the impression they laid claim to the Republic of China which does not necessarily match the frontiers of the PRC, note their claim to Outer Mongolia, swathes of Russia etc. As the PRC is merely communist bandits I don't see why their territory matters, if the PRC annexed Indochina I don't think the RoC would have taken that to expand the ROC's claims would they?

But those cities only became 'part' of the Mainland very recently and I assume the KMT did not claim them back in the day. Per the map they don't seem to claim certain PRC conquests in the west.

They did, if the words of former RoC Foreign Secretary TV Song are to be believed. Rather like their on again/off again claim on Mongolia and on the Russian-held territories however, it was not a claim they spent a good deal of time pressing during the interwar/WWII period.

As far as the RoC period 1910-49 intentions towards Hong Kong and Macau go, the KMT leadership was always that those colonies were to be returned to China, however, throughout those 39 years, the Chinese government always had far more pressing political-military matters happening elsewhere to actually concern themselves with the two regions.

The Guangxi/Guangdong warlord leadership recognized the importance of both cities as a gateway to Western materials right next door, and understood that if they ever attacked either region, they would spark an international incident which would inevitably end badly for the warlord's interests.