• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zzzzz...

No blood! No bone! No ash!
104 Badges
Feb 27, 2008
  • King Arthur II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Galactic Assault
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Lead and Gold
  • Legio
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV

AAR-banner_zps497b8e2b.png

A Kurdistan AAR

Since medieval times and earlier, the Kurds have maintained their own independent Emirates; but there was never a modern national state for the Kurdish people. Under the rule of two foreign powers, the Kurdish could only wait. The long waiting bear fruit with the entry of the Ottoman Empire in the Weltkrieg, but it ended in a Central Powers victory and the empire remained intact. The Kurdish would have to wait once again.

~3rd Place in Q3 2014 AARland Choice Awards for Darkest Hour~

-----------------------

Settings:
Normal/Normal
IC & Tech Team takeover: off

This is another short AAR with Kurdistan. I'll start playing as the Ottomans. I won't intentionally sabotage them, and even build some units. I'll switch when the country rebels.

-----------------------

Table of Contents

The Midnight Report
The Crash
Rise of the Kurds
March to Baghdad
Access to the Sea
A City Too Far
Peshmerga Absolute
Race to Riyadh
From Herat to Khartoum
A World Away From the Sun: I - II - III - IV
The Golden Era

------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Somewhat inspired by current events? ;)

Anyways, I will definitely be watching, don't think anyone has ever done Kurdistan in KR before!

If the Egyptians are cowed into inaction by the Germans ("We will not allow the Ottoman Empire to fall!"), you probably won't even stand the tiny chance you do if they attack the Ottomans... Will you restart the Germans do let the Ottomans to fall, if this happens? Or will you roll with what you have?

Fascinating, Captain.

What are your goals for the AAR? Survive? Greater Kurdistan? Syndie/National-Populist free Middle-East?

I'd suggest switching to 1.5 as it's a pretty big improvement: better combat system, several bugs fixed, and as for your region... it may not directly impact you, although things like the Transcaucasians accidentally attacking the Armenians while they are allied with the Ottomans have been sorted out, so you will probably see benefit out of it.

Good luck with Kurdistan! I country's whose aspiration, as someone who studied Islamic history and has written on the modern Middle East, I have strong affinity and attachment towards! I'm sure this will be of great interest, even if you're billing it as something "short."

Cheers!

Kurdistan you say? Interesting choice. Subbed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Midnight Report

The sun rose from the east then arched and sunk down to the west. Another fruitful and productive day of the Empire. Another day for the Sublime State. Another day has passed for the spy of Istanbul, and this spy needs to write his scheduled report soon. Shivered, he puts his hands in the pockets of his military-issued jacket, and quicken his pace to escape the cold January night air sweeping from the Marmara Sea.

The door closed. The man took a moment to catch his breath before opening the lamp. This needs to be done in two days- he looked at his pocket watch: 12:40 - no, it's Wednesday already! Tomorrow! He cursed himself for procrastinating. So much for being a high valued spy. So much for being a Pasha. With a pen and papers at the ready, he stared at the parchment. Frozen. How am I suppose to do this?

Archive ID: 05121354-01

The Empire have four armies; 1. Armee in Instanbul, 2. Armee in Kars, 3. Armee in Mesopotamia, and 4. Armee in the South-West. (See Appendix A)

1. Armee
Istanbul Ordusu (I Korps)
1st Cavalry Division​
1st Infantry Division
2nd Infantry Division​
Edirne Ordusu (II Korps)
3rd Cavalry Division
3rd Infantry Division
7th Infantry Division​
Izmir Ordusu (III Korps)
5th Cavalry Division
12th Infantry Division
13th Infantry Division​
unit01_zpse427b93d.png
2. Armee
Kafkasya Ordusu (IV Korps)
1st Climber Division
2nd Climber Division​
Erzurum Ordusu (V Korps)
6th Cavalry Division
4th Infantry Division
5th Infantry Division​
3rd Climber Division
unit02_zpsd68a5f3c.png
3. Armee
Baghdad Ordusu (VI Korps)
4th Cavalry Division
6th Infantry Division
9th nfantry Division​
Basra Ordusu (VII Korps)
1st Lt. Infantry Division
11th Infantry Division​
unit03_zps2bdd90d9.png
4. Armee
El-Arish Ordusu (VIII Korps)
2nd Cavalry Division
8th Infantry Division
10th Infantry Division​
Hedjaz Ordusu (IX Korps)
3rd Lt. Infantry Division
4th Lt. Infantry Division
7th Cavalry Division​
Trablusgarb (X Korps)
2nd Lt. Infantry Division
14th Infantry Division​
unit04_zps2556b68e.png

They have five garrison; 4 defence units protecting the outlying islands,
and a fifth one stationed in Albania. All garrison forces are armed with
Weltkrieg heavy artillery. Their artilleries are deployed in defensive manner,
which is why there are no artillery brigade whatsoever on all mobile armies.
gar01_zpsf8d50e42.png

The air-arm consists of three squadron; one fighter interceptor
squadron of Vecihi K-VI model, a light bomber squadron of
German He-45, and another squadron of German He-59 naval
bombers.

The navy consists of two fleets. I have the pleasure of examining
the fleet stationed in Istanbul. Three pre-Weltkrieg battleships.
Another one is stationed in the Levant. No direct information
gained from that fleet. Indirect information, however, tells us that
there is another pre-Weltkrieg battleship and a pre-Weltkrieg
battlecruiser.
air01_zps4cf45e19.png

- CAVKESK

APPENDIX A:

mapotto01_zpsf9243156.png

File logged: 5th of Dhu'l-Hijja 1354 (Islamic), 28th of February 1936 (Christian)

------------------------------------------------​
Archive ID: 05121354-02

ottoprod01_zps5f64e8f1.png

I have heard of the formation of two new cavalry divisions from [scratched out].
GROUP B concluded that the budget for the imperial army has increased.
The estimated increase by GROUP 2 fits well with the cost of raising two cavalry
divisions. It is likely that the expansion is true. No other evidence found yet.
No data to their final deployment position.

No other signs of further expansion.

- HAWIN

File logged: 5th of Dhu'l-Hijja 1354 (Islamic), 28th of February 1936 (Christian)

Done. This report would be given to the messengers at the 10th anniversary of the Sultan's crowning (May His Imperial Majesty die in his own shit!) and would travel to Kurdistan for around 30 days, perhaps. Urgent messages travel on the rails via Aleppo.

The tired spy read his piece, and read it again the second time. A sigh of relief. He placed the report in an enveloped with an earlier report already tucked in it that he got from another regarding new cavalry formations. He looked at the cavalry report again, especially the part that he erased, and remind himself to advise the idiot not to write his source unless coded: it gives away clues of their identity. The enveloped was placed in its usual hiding place, and finally dropped himself to his bed.

Good night, Istanbul.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:
Hello, everyone! This got delayed as I'm enjoying the new version (how could I not notice that there's a new one since Jan!?). Seeing AI MacArthur going One Nation, One Leader path is very entertaining! Then, there's the World Cup too. Hah!

Looking forward!

Definitely an original AAR. I´m in.

Good luck

Go Kurdistan!

Seems like something worth waiting for. Subbed.

Yes! I've play as Kurdistan once. Very interesting!

Kurdistan you say? Interesting choice. Subbed.
Thanks for subscribing!

If the Egyptians are cowed into inaction by the Germans ("We will not allow the Ottoman Empire to fall!"), you probably won't even stand the tiny chance you do if they attack the Ottomans... Will you restart the Germans do let the Ottomans to fall, if this happens? Or will you roll with what you have?
I never thought of this. In my last Kurdistan game, this didn't happened. In my new one, I'm still not there yet. I'm not sure on how to proceed if that happens.

Fascinating, Captain.

What are your goals for the AAR? Survive? Greater Kurdistan? Syndie/National-Populist free Middle-East?
Plan is to survive, and grab Greater Kurdistan with some extras (e.g. a port!). I never thought of what my post-war country would be.

Good luck with Kurdistan! I country's whose aspiration, as someone who studied Islamic history and has written on the modern Middle East, I have strong affinity and attachment towards! I'm sure this will be of great interest, even if you're billing it as something "short."

Cheers!
That is interesting. Thanks for join us.

Looking forward to the destruction of the Ottoman occupiers at the hands of the nobler peshmerga