• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a few thoughts/question about this; having read your AARlander for a little while and having looked at your previous editions, prior to me even discovering it, I'm highly enjoying it and think it is formated and written in a great way! But could you consider, for making it more visual and acessible, having it available somewhere on the official paradox wikis? Also, it is great and a good read, but when I read a previous edition I saw an article about the GOT mod and thought about how this could be expanded to encompass other paradox community things such as modding and general stuff. I'm personally highly interested by modding and a thing like this for that could be good. This is mostly centered around writing, authours and AAR's, but would an other magazine sort-of-thingy be able to handle those kind of things?

Thank you for the input! The thing is not that we don't want to focus on modding etc. that is something that has been with us (well, me) since this incarnation of the AARlander started, right now it is more of an issue of having anybody with the time and interest to write about mods across the paradox forums. :)

Thank you for the input! The thing is not that we don't want to focus on modding etc. that is something that has been with us (well, me) since this incarnation of the AARlander started, right now it is more of an issue of having anybody with the time and interest to write about mods across the paradox forums. :)
Yeah, I understand that fully (sadly I'm probably too bad at English to attempt doing something like that myself), but it would had been an oppurtunity to link different forum communities and expand the audience of this. So if I understand correctly, you are open to it if anyone can do it?

Yeah, I understand that fully (sadly I'm probably too bad at English to attempt doing something like that myself), but it would had been an oppurtunity to link different forum communities and expand the audience of this. So if I understand correctly, you are open to it if anyone can do it?

Don't worry too much about your English skills. Plenty of people have written articles for the AARlander despite English being their second, third or fourth language - if you're unsure about your spelling, language or grammar just ask one of your fellow co-contributors to give it a look over. :)

Don't worry too much about your English skills. Plenty of people have written articles for the AARlander despite English being their second, third or fourth language - if you're unsure about your spelling, language or grammar just ask one of your fellow co-contributors to give it a look over. :)
Third Language? And writing in the AARlander? :eek:hmy: In that case I might be qualified, will think about it for later.

Third Language? And writing in the AARlander? :eek:hmy: In that case I might be qualified, will think about it for later.

We have a number of contributors from Benelux countries, so yes!

Yes, to Tanzhang's great dismay we do have a number of contributors from Benelux countries :p

I only dismay at the fact that because of Willem II and Rogier they aren't citizens of the same country! :p

Also, I may mention that I posted about that because I personally think this is too restricred as simply the "AARlander" and has so much more potential! I do not know how you feel about this, but would not a whole new concept like the Paradoxian be tempting? This is mostly for AAR writers and readers for the moment with such articles and you are probably attached to that independance, but as you seemed open to my suggestion, why not take the step forward towards a broader audience? It seems like this place is far from the former glory that you have mentioned so why not expand to other places?

Note: If this does not at all sound as good thing to you or is too heavy work, no worries, it is a simple suggestion, I do not want anyone to be offended by it and if you want to keep it like it is currently with some occasional stuff about other things of the comunity, I'm entirely fine with that. ;)

Last edited:
All suggestions are more than welcome. As has been said before, don't worry about your language skills. We'll happily help you out if you're interested.

Any idea when the new edition will be out?

There won't be one, I'm afraid.

It was getting near impossible to get enough people writing at the same time to fill an issue. We talked it over and it was decided to stop. I'm surprised there has not been an announcement about it.

There won't be one, I'm afraid.

It was getting near impossible to get enough people writing at the same time to fill an issue. We talked it over and it was decided to stop. I'm surprised there has not been an announcement about it.
That is awful news.

I'm sorry to hear that. I know how difficult it can be to keep filling out issues (see The Gazette for that) but I really enjoyed the work being done by all parties. Best of luck and perhaps a new creative wind will rise up and bring it back some day.

Thanks for all the work done, folks! Well done!

Yes, thanks for something to read!

I'm sorry I didn't write anything about it, no excuses will be made to explain the lack of an announcement. All my fault. I only hope that the AARlander can revive in the future again but perhaps everything has it's ups and downs, the AARlander has existed in various forms before being the acutal AARland and will perhaps continue to exist in various forms in the future. It has a tendency to reincarnate.

Reactions:
You did great work with this, all redactor and those who wrote articles. I read all editions of you AARlander, and it was a very interesting read. :) Hence, I'm obviously hoping for a reincarnation, but for now, thank you for all you did with this one!