Crusader Kings II Save Converter Announced for Europa Universalis IV

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What to do with all the free copies of CK2 though?

Edit: see above, things move fast in here :)

This is a really big deal. I hope it's friendly to mods.

It should be quite friendly since most of the data is in the script files :)

You get the converter tool, not the game. Fine.

But, epic timing fail! CK2 was on sale on steam for a very low price, I considered buying but declined because in a few days I will be all for EUIV. If I had know this was coming, I would have bought it.

How will this work with non-map mods like VIET or Project balance? I assume SWMH is right out.

Also, Zoroastrianism, and the other pagan religions are now a religion in EUIV? I dont want a massive animist empire

Also, does the HRE export correctly assuming all the grey countries in the screenshot are dejure hre and vassals?

Last edited:
You get the converter tool, not the game. Fine.

But, epic timing fail! CK2 was on sale on steam for a very low price, I considered buying but declined because in a few days I will be all for EUIV. If I had know this was coming, I would have bought it.

Erm you get a free copy as well?

I'm kind of excited about this because tags must be working differently now given how that screenshot has plenty of nations that straight up wouldn't exist in a normal game. Even if it's just renaming existing tags it's still very useful.

Great stuff, now I have reason to finally push on through the late game and finally finish a game of CK2.

Although, it'd require a change in gameplay style for some, I'm sure, as you can conquer the world in CK2, which wouldn't make for an interesting EU4 game.

Great stuff, now I have reason to finally push on through the late game and finally finish a game of CK2.

Although, it'd require a change in gameplay style for some, I'm sure, as you can conquer the world in CK2, which wouldn't make for an interesting EU4 game.

Given that CK2 takes place only in Europe, you'll still have the rest of the world to conquer!

Does this mean there are more tags in EU4, like a nation of Pruthenia, Latin Empire, etc that we see in the screenshot, or this purely from the transition?

It should be quite friendly since most of the data is in the script files :)

That's a relief! Another question if you don't mind: How does this work in regard to tags that don't normally exist in EU4? Does it dynamically generate these tags as needed or did you guys simply add 2,000 extra tags to EU4? Adding that many tags to EU3 kind of caused it to choke to death on lag. :p