• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

riknap

Inactive Custodian of the Light
70 Badges
Feb 27, 2011
steamcommunity.com
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
Republics Scaled and Weighted Module

File: version 3

Current Info (version 3):
Exactly what it says in the tin.
This minor modifaction makes republic random events scaled to income and dependent on realm attributes, depending on the events:
  • State Stewardship: almost all EXCEPT noble books passage and mutiny events.
  • State Diplomacy: affects dockworker strike, efficient dockworkers, noble books passage, and mutiny events
  • State Martial: affects pirates capture ship, pirates captured, and mutiny events
  • State Intrigue: affects thieving captain, noble books passage, and mutiny events
  • State Learning: affects treasure found and improved charts events
Income scaling is 25% and 12.5% of your yearly income for positive/negative events.

The way state attributes affect chance is now standardized:
Most events have a (vanilla) mean time to happen of 1020, with some 1220 (vanilla - captain rams pier) and 1520 (vanilla - mutiny).
There are 10 intervals: 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70 (realistically if you're playing vanilla you can barely expect to reach 50 -> this is the soft cap mirror designed though it'll also work for mods that do reach such high stats [sub]*cough* Lux Invicta *cough*[/sub]).

The lower your realm stat below 30, the more likely bad events trigger and less likely good events trigger. Once you're above 30 but still below 40, no modifiers apply. The higher your realm stat above 40, the inverse applies.

Or to rephrase:

At < 10 state attribute, the likelihood of the bad events double (more accurately, 1.953125 times faster .... if you need to know).
At 30~39 state attribute, no relevant modifiers apply.
At 50~54 state attribute, the likelihood of good events double (again, 1.953125 times).
At the maximum level of 70+, you have more than four times likelihood of triggering good events (4.768...).

edit: it might not be compatible with mods that edit the republic events (specifically those that edit the Hansa formation events). it should be easy to edit anyway should someone need to.

This is basically the same (v5) file in this post, but I just re-uploaded it in a .mod file and folder form and gave it a name for the lulz (since I'm pretty sure a lot of the lot of you have made their own version at day 1 anyway).

Outdated Info (version 1):

Made all republic random events scaled to income and dependent on realm stewardship (aside from the noble books passage, which is based on diplomacy/intrigue), and to a lesser extent also with realm intrigue (like the thieving captain event), realm martial (like the pirate attack ship event), realm learning (like the efficient maps event), and realm diplomacy (like the worker strike event).

Realm Stewardship values below 30 increase the chance of negative events while going above it starts decreasing it (up to a max of 70), ditto for other attributes (but with a lesser factor).
Similarly, Realm Stewardship below 40 decrease the chance of good events but above 40 increase the chance of good ones.
There are more tiers for the upper values, so higher realm attributes (chancellor+spouse+character) increases/decreases the chance of a good/bad event more than lower attributes do.

edit: this is still technically the way it works on some aspects, but the values have been edited for simplicity

Attachments

• Republics Scaled and Weighted Module.rar
    6,2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
bollocks.

To anyone who happened to have downloaded this... I coded modifiers to be the exact opposite (ie. the higher your realm stat, the less likely the good events are to fire and vice versa).
or more accurately, some were coded correctly and some aren't.

My inexperience shows :laugh:

I'm working on a properly corrected version. Hopefully nobody downloaded this much... I think.

updated the file, and the OP to reflect changes.

to summarize, I standardized modifiers.

Bad MTTH
40~70 (7 increments, x1.25) = 3.05 (for 50 vanilla soft cap)
10,20,30 (x0.8) = 1.95

Good MTTH
40~70 (7 increments, x0.8) = 3.05 (for 50 vanilla soft cap)
10,20,30 (x1.25) = 1.95

This should still be compatible with the latest patch, right? I'm going to make a note to myself to integrate this into VIET at some point.

This should still be compatible with the latest patch, right? I'm going to make a note to myself to integrate this into VIET at some point.
theoretically, yeah (assuming they don't change/add republic events)

edit: IIRC, I think they did. I'll look into i first
edit 2: yep, they did. I'll add in the relevant modifications they did (or rather, copy paste the sections regarding Hansa and onwards since I didn't edit them anyway)

Last edited:
theoretically, yeah (assuming they don't change/add republic events)

edit: IIRC, I think they did. I'll look into i first
edit 2: yep, they did. I'll add in the relevant modifications they did (or rather, copy paste the sections regarding Hansa and onwards since I didn't edit them anyway)

Alright, gotcha.

updated this to use relevant code from v1.02 that edits some events that this mod doesn't touch.

It's now compatible for most versions beyond v1.02 (like v1.03b ) so long as no updates to this file is made by the patch

updated this to use relevant code from v1.02 that edits some events that this mod doesn't touch.

It's now compatible for most versions beyond v1.02 (like v1.03b ) so long as no updates to this file is made by the patch

Awesome. Time to integrate!