• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, as a non-voting citizen of this glorious civilization, I recommend that you all split the difference in approaches.

Just out of curiosity, in the other sessions played in this game system, how often did players run into hostiles just on the
other side of the homeworld jump points?

Normally, in my games, about 50 percent chance of hostiles on the other side, mostly Precursor or Swarm (default, etc). However, this is not a default setting. If a planet capable of life (good gravity range, temps, oxygen, etc), 100 percent chance of NPR to spawn there, plus 2 other NPR Empire and Star Swarm and Precursor. So the deck IS stacked against us and the likelyhood of hostile on the otherside (perception) is 110%.

Secondly, if you're an officer, scientist, or governor you do influence choices involving your assignment. You can give your opinion and make choices within your assignment, its not a dictatorship but a "minimum rulership" with the Fives. As a member of the council, I'm not going to try to keep power to just us, because that will make the game...fun for a few. So if you got an idea, ship names, colony suggestion, research, whatever else... make the proposal and state why, other than "aliens will get us if we don't", because we already know that. The Five will be busy approval, denying, etc. Burden us down with bureaucracy that we rather delegate... :p

Blue emu said:
Before we can build any worthwhile combatants, we will need sensor techs (Grav and EM, perhaps Thermal as well), better Armor, a decent reaction drive (Ion Drive if at all possible, else Nuclear Pulse), and some sort of offensive weapons system: either Missiles/Launchers/Magazines, or Beam Weapons (Lasers, Mesons, Particle Beams, whatever)... or both.

Blue emu, we have Ion drive and a bunch of tech from the 120k RP at start, we devoted most to techs that we DON'T have a scientist for, which until last update, we had no new scientist. Our sensor tech is "behind" because I have the ability to research them and we're in the process of doing so. Better armor and weapon is also in the works. We're basically good on engines for a little while and some CP techs. We are quite set with the Cranes, so I'm happy there. More freighters is a good idea and hopefully my proposal for the retooling allows more freighter building.

Please, even if you're not on the Council, do "vote"! Seeing what others want or the direction they see helps us to overcome a huge mountain before us. We need to control all 50 systems!

Thats no moon!

So the deck IS stacked against us and the likelyhood of hostile on the otherside (perception) is 110%.

Well, in that case, I say we hold off exploring till after there are enough nuclear mines planted around the jump gates to vaporize anything coming through. Then we send a small probe through (Death Star size or larger) before following with the extermination... err, forceful explorations fleet. :happy:

So if you got an idea, ship names, colony suggestion, research, whatever else... make the proposal and state why, other than "aliens will get us if we don't", because we already know that. The Five will be busy approval, denying, etc. Burden us down with bureaucracy that we rather delegate... :p

I appreciate the notice. I will continue to chirp up from time to time.

Civilian Shipbuilding:
As the Cranes finish, I suggest to retool the yard to Either Xorn or Mayflower, but NOT begin construction of new ships in this yard.
As the Mayflowers finish, the same happens. That will leave 2 of our 3 Civilian yards idle for now.
The Afrika Yards should switch to construct more Xorns when finished with the 2 San Andreas Class Troop Transporters to assist in the logistical challenges of Sol.

Afrika Industries isn't building San Andreas class troop transports - Utopia Planitia is.

Wealth:
Passing the above suggestions will go a long way to reduce our deficit, but will probably not completely stop it. We therefore still need to monitor the situation over the coming year, yet there is no update of the actual situation with treasury levels. I am certain that this is an oversigt on part of the Administration and request that the figures are made available for the Council.

Ah. Right. So giving you the contents of the wealth tab doesn't actually show you the current treasury levels .. odd stuff.
The Paradoxian Confederation currently posesses 12945 wealth.

I'll edit that into the update and the first page.

To summerize my suggestion:

Postpone creation of new Research labs.
Reduce the numbers of Academies on order to 2.
Keep the current Mine Allocation Plan (MINING MAP) and keep implementing it.
Halt most of the civilian ship construction, except for Afrika which should continue with Xorns.
Halt Naval Construction.
Expand our new Naval Shipyard to 5k tons capacity.
Keep current research plan.
Begin constructing 4 identical units at a time from our Ground Force Training Facilities.

On the table. If the councillors would please append their suggestions with their votes (clearly labelled!) to this I'd appreciate it, lest I go insane attempting to track it :p

Looking over the wealth screen, 20 percent of the financial centre's contribution last year occured during the last month. We will see more benefits from the centres as we complete them one by one.

This is correct. Financial centres' contribution to wealth went up to 2.2% in the last month. 1.2% is merely the average over the past year.

Industry Queue order The following should be in order of the queue, keeping the percentage and current projects.
  1. Mass Driver <---- NEW (25 percent IPC, Quantity: 5)
  2. Infrastructure
  3. Mine
  4. Construction Factory
  5. Research Lab
  6. Ordnance Factory
  7. Fighter Factory
  8. Military Academy

Done.

Randkar can you post a link to zip file when you update on the first or second post? I prefer downloading 7mb or so instead of 140mb. :D

Sure thing. Once I put your changes in .. ;-)

I agree with all that Sirce said.

Noted. But see above. Some tally of votes by someone would be appreciated, especially as my day looks terribly busy again (sigh).

Well, as a non-voting citizen of this glorious civilization, I recommend that you all split the difference in approaches.

Just out of curiosity, in the other sessions played in this game system, how often did players run into hostiles just on the
other side of the homeworld jump points?

It definitely happens. Whether they actually make it through them to our homeworld is another story though. I'd definitely recommend caution, slow speeds and using recon drones for the first jumps we make through these gates to the nether worlds ..

I agree with blue emu! Mars deserves more!

Good to see blue emu chipping in.
I definitely agree with him, btw. :)

Please, even if you're not on the Council, do "vote"! Seeing what others want or the direction they see helps us to overcome a huge mountain before us. We need to control all 50 systems!

For the record, I intend to change that number to 100 once we run into our first official NPR contact. Just to make sure we get our 'fun' gradually, rather than all at once. :D
(That may not prevent it, though .. just delay things a little.)

For the record, I intend to change that number to 100 once we run into our first official NPR contact. Just to make sure we get our 'fun' gradually, rather than all at once. :D
(That may not prevent it, though .. just delay things a little.)

First lets try to get our economy running and stuff so we can support suiciding sending ships to dangerous systems. Which means a little faster progress... if possible Supreme One!

MEMO FROM REAR ADMIRAL RENDAP, PN
TO: THE COUNCIL
CC: SO RANDAKAR, PN STAFF, SENIOR ADMINISTRATORS, SCIENCE AND NAVAL NETWORKS

RE: STATUS 1/1-2026:

Fellow councilors,

A fresh year have dawned and we are looking at several challenges over the coming year that we will need to address at the moment and shape our path for the coming year.

In my opinion, the worst problem that we have is the lack of funding for all the projects that we currently have pending. We will simply have to cut back on some of these projects and prioritize what is needed over the coming years.

Looking at the expenses, there are 3 critical areas: Research, Industry and Shipbuilding. We can add in shipyard modification which so far have been covering our needs.

Research costs is 1/4 our our total cost and app. 1/3 of our incoming. We have planned to double this figure over the coming years.

Can we afford this expansion at this point?

The plan with building Financial Centers have only increased our income by 1,2% and I estimate based on the current figures that 2% will be max at this point. Looking at the cost of them in minerals and wealth I would finish the current batch and then not build any further.

Installations cost 1/3 of our total and almost half of our income! We need to expand, yes. But are we spending the wealth wisely here?

And then we have our shipbuilding. 40% of our cost and almost 2/3 of our income is spent here. I can't see any option than to reduce spending here!

My proposals for the Council for the next year are therefore:

Industry:
Postpone the Construction of Research Labs for 1 year. Each new lab we construct cost 250 Wealth per year + 2400 to construct. As much as I would love to have more labs, I simply don't think we can afford it at this point.
Reduce the number of Military academies from 4 to 2 for now. We can always come back to 2 more when our economy improves. Prioritize Infrastructure for Mars as well as Construction Factories and Mines.

Minerals:
IGNORE the socalled Uridium crisis. This is something the Press have invented and I dispute the truth from those scaremongers! Look at the figures damnit! We have 2,1k tons and we need 2,3k. That's a deficit of 200 tons and the majority will be needed for the Financial centers which will finish in the next 6 months. In that time we will mine 800 tons! Tell me, where is the crisis???
I admit that we need to address this, but it is not as critical as some might say AND we are moving 50 mines to Charon, where there is more than 300k tons!! Crisis... Pffft!
Keep expanding our mines on Earth and get the Neutronium and Uridium as our current plans and we will be fine for now at least. We still need a more long term solution, but we are still only beginning exploitation of Sol!

Civilian Shipbuilding:
As the Cranes finish, I suggest to retool the yard to Either Xorn or Mayflower, but NOT begin construction of new ships in this yard.
As the Mayflowers finish, the same happens. That will leave 2 of our 3 Civilian yards idle for now.
The Afrika Yards should switch to construct more Xorns when finished with the 2 San Andreas Class Troop Transporters to assist in the logistical challenges of Sol.

Naval Shipbuilding:
The 3 Columbus Class Exploration ships should finish and then the shipyard go idle until we have more research complete and designs for Warships.

Shipyard expansions:
I suggest expanding our new Naval Shipyard as it finishes to 5k tons. This being the only modification undertaken at this point.

Research:
No Changes.

Ground Forces:
I suggest beginning ordering 4 identical units at a time, thus simplifying our logistics and preparing our Ground Troops for future operations. I will also for the enxt year support Brigadier Adamus in all build orders that he might request.
Ground Force construction and maintenance is so small a part of our budget that we should not even think about it, except to keep expanding at this point.

Wealth:
Passing the above suggestions will go a long way to reduce our deficit, but will probably not completely stop it. We therefore still need to monitor the situation over the coming year, yet there is no update of the actual situation with treasury levels. I am certain that this is an oversigt on part of the Administration and request that the figures are made available for the Council.

To summerize my suggestion:

Postpone creation of new Research labs.
Reduce the numbers of Academies on order to 2.
Keep the current Mine Allocation Plan (MINING MAP) and keep implementing it.
Halt most of the civilian ship construction, except for Afrika which should continue with Xorns.
Halt Naval Construction.
Expand our new Naval Shipyard to 5k tons capacity.
Keep current research plan.
Begin constructing 4 identical units at a time from our Ground Force Training Facilities.

I recommend discussion among the Council of these 8 subjects but should the Councilors reject one or more of these, I kindly ask you to propose alternatives to solve our financial deficit.

Rendap
Rear Admiral, CINC PN

Memo:

To: The Council
cc:
Subject: Re: C.Rendap's Proposal

I see that the esteemed Councillor has spoken of the future. The future of this great planet; and the direction he wishes it to proceed.

He says we should cut back, make do. This great Country, Planet even does not make do! We do not live in the austerity times of the 2010's. We have a chance to make something of this species, to explore, expand and if required exploite the solar system and beyond.

We do not know what lies ahead, but that should not deter us from our ultimate goal.

I concur with Blu Emu (praise his name). Mars should be our number one priority. The child of Earth. Mars will stimulate the economy back into action, if we act now!

I Propose:

We expand our colony on Mars. Infastructure first, then terraform.
We continue with our course of action with regards to ship building until completion and then review
Agree with Rendap to Retool Afrika to Xorn or Mayflower class and build 3 Columbus

Furthermore as Head of the Armed Forces i can today confirm my full commitment to the expansion and preservation of this great planet's defences and accept the proposal to build 4 Units at any one time. The first shall be:

4 Units of Garrison Battalion Troops - to be eventually deployed on Mars to assist with any unrest.

I also propose that the council pledge a guarantee, a commitment to researching at least one ground force and logistics during any one cycle with the aim to having Heavy Assault, Marine, Assault troops, Brigade and Divisional HQ's constructable by 2032.

Councillor Adamus
Head of the Armed Forces

River Phoenix - All American Psychopath Pinup!

First lets try to get our economy running and stuff so we can support suiciding sending ships to dangerous systems. Which means a little faster progress... if possible Supreme One!

Personally, I am quite happy with the game pace. Of course, not being a key member of Parliment, I don't get to visit the psychic... oh wait, wrong universe. :closedeyes:

Current proposals:
I propose giving me the maximum allowed labs of 15. Taking 5 from Kiwi and Surt's research each til I complete the current project and design appropriate sensors for our bases and planned missile destroyers. (Pro: Sirce, Lord_Dalek)
Remove Active Grav Sensor 16 from the queue. (Pro: Sirce, Lord_Dalek)
Keep current research plan. (Pro: Rendap; Against: Sirce, Lord_Dalek)
We expand our colony on Mars. Infastructure first, then terraform. (Adamus) This means ordering (some of) the freighters to start ferrying infrastructure to Mars, instead of continuing with the automine runs.)

Contested proposals
Postpone creation of new Research labs. (Pro: Rendap; Against: Sirce, Lord_Dalek)
Reduce the numbers of Academies on order to 2. (Pro: Rendap; Against: Sirce, Lord_Dalek)

Sirce as head of industry economic production can unilaterally decide to ignore these. Whether he wishes to do so is up to him.
Also, Iche_Bins as planetary governor also has a say - he can decide to ignore Sirce :p

Passed proposals
Keep the current Mine Allocation Plan (MINING MAP) and keep implementing it. (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce)
Halt most of the civilian ship construction, except for Afrika which should continue with Xorns. No more new construction, Afrika retool to CS Mayflower (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce; Sort of Neutral: Adamus)
Halt Naval Construction. Reject, finish the EX Columbus (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce, Neutral: Adamus) (actually, the full proposal from Rendap says exactly the same thing Sirce says.)
Expand our new Naval Shipyard to 5k tons capacity. (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce)
Begin constructing 4 identical units at a time from our Ground Force Training Facilities. (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce) I will need build orders for this! Do people want to wait for the last garrison to complete march 13th?

Of course :)

The first shall be:

4 Units of Garrison Battalion Troops - to be eventually deployed on Mars to assist with any unrest.

Do you wish to start constructing three of these now, or wait until march 13th and then build all 4 at once?

Revised industry queue:

2ITz3.png

I can support the suggested change to our Research Queue and agree with Councilors Sirce and Dalek on that.

Current proposals:
We expand our colony on Mars. Infastructure first, then terraform. (Adamus) This means ordering (some of) the freighters to start ferrying infrastructure to Mars, instead of continuing with the automine runs. As for terraforming, that will require plans ..)
Postpone creation of new Research labs. (Pro: Rendap; Against: Sirce, Lord_Dalek)
Reduce the numbers of Academies on order to 2. (Pro: Rendap; Against: Sirce, Lord_Dalek)

Passed proposals
Keep the current Mine Allocation Plan (MINING MAP) and keep implementing it. (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce)
Halt most of the civilian ship construction, except for Afrika which should continue with Xorns. No more new construction, Afrika retool to CS Mayflower (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce; Sort of Neutral: Adamus)
Halt Naval Construction. Reject, finish the EX Columbus (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce, Neutral: Adamus) (actually, the full proposal from Rendap says exactly the same thing Sirce says.)
Expand our new Naval Shipyard to 5k tons capacity. (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce)
I propose giving me the maximum allowed labs of 15. Taking 5 from Kiwi and Surt's research each til I complete the current project and design appropriate sensors for our bases and planned missile destroyers. (Pro: Sirce, Lord_Dalek, Rendap)
Remove Active Grav Sensor 16 from the queue. (Pro: Sirce, Lord_Dalek, Rendap)

Incomplete proposals
Begin constructing 4 identical units at a time from our Ground Force Training Facilities. (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce) I will need build orders for this! Do people want to wait for the last garrison to complete march 13th?

Support Adamus

Propose putting 4 Mobile Infantry Building x4

Ok I'll Support this.

Proceed to build 4 Mobile Infantry
Then 4 Garrison
Then 4 Replacement

in this order and you can proceed to build from now as in start three and move forward from there.

Last edited:
We don't have colony ships
We don't have more than a few infrastructure.

I don't see the reason to change anything for Mars before the colony ships complete construction later this year.

We don't have colony ships
We don't have more than a few infrastructure.

I don't see the reason to change anything for Mars before the colony ships complete construction later this year.

Once you drop infra on a planet you have a chance that the civilians will start producing a colony ship to supply it.
And we may not have much infra, but we do have a little. The formula for infrastructure required per million people = colony cost * 100
At colony cost 2 (for Mars), 29 infra can supply housing for almost 300.000 145.000 people. That may be enough to get our civilian economy off it's fat lazy rear.

Last edited:
Once you drop infra on a planet you have a chance that the civilians will start producing a colony ship to supply it.
And we may not have much infra, but we do have a little. The formula for infrastructure required per million people = colony cost * 100
At colony cost 2 (for Mars), 29 infra can supply housing for almost 300.000 people. That may be enough to get our civilian economy off it's fat lazy rear.

The Overlord speaks the truth dear Rendap.

*Chants
Mars for prosperity, Rendap for austerity.. Mars for prosperity, Rendap for austerity...
*begins writing on signs

:p

Current proposals:
We expand our colony on Mars. Infastructure first, then terraform. (Adamus) This means ordering (some of) the freighters to start ferrying infrastructure to Mars, instead of continuing with the automine runs. As for terraforming, that will require plans ..)

Passed proposals
I propose giving me the maximum allowed labs of 15. Taking 5 from Kiwi and Surt's research each til I complete the current project and design appropriate sensors for our bases and planned missile destroyers. (Pro: Sirce, Lord_Dalek, Rendap)
Remove Active Grav Sensor 16 from the queue. (Pro: Sirce, Lord_Dalek, Rendap)

Incomplete proposals

Postpone creation of new Research labs: No
Reduce the numbers of Academies on order to 2.:Yes

Ok I'll Support this.

Proceed to build 4 Mobile Infantry
Then 4 Garrison
Then 4 Replacement

in this order and you can proceed to build from now as in start three and move forward from there.

Done:

p2ULG.png

Last edited: