• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Current proposals:
We expand our colony on Mars. Infastructure first, then terraform. (Pro: Adamus Lord_dalek; Against: Rendap) This means ordering (some of) the freighters to start ferrying infrastructure to Mars, instead of continuing with the automine runs. As for terraforming, that will require plans ..)
Reduce the numbers of Academies on order to 2. (Pro: Rendap, Surt; Against: Sirce, Lord_Dalek) edit: rejected by the tiebreaker below.

Passed proposals
Keep the current Mine Allocation Plan (MINING MAP) and keep implementing it. (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce)
Halt most of the civilian ship construction, except for Afrika which should continue with Xorns. No more new construction (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce; Neutral: Adamus)
Halt Naval Construction. Reject, finish the EX Columbus (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce, Neutral: Adamus) (actually, the full proposal from Rendap says exactly the same thing Sirce says.)
Expand our new Naval Shipyard to 5k tons capacity. (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce)

Failed proposals
Postpone creation of new Research labs. (Pro: Rendap; Against: Sirce, Lord_Dalek, Surt)

Completed proposals
Begin constructing 4 identical units at a time from our Ground Force Training Facilities. (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce, Adamus)
I propose giving me the maximum allowed labs of 15. Taking 5 from Kiwi and Surt's research each til I complete the current project and design appropriate sensors for our bases and planned missile destroyers. (Pro: Sirce, Lord_Dalek, Rendap)
Remove Active Grav Sensor 16 from the queue. (Pro: Sirce, Lord_Dalek, Rendap)
Afrika retool to CS Mayflower (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce, Adamus)

The Overlord speaks the truth dear Rendap.

*Chants
Mars for prosperity, Rendap for austerity.. Mars for prosperity, Rendap for austerity...
*begins writing on signs

:p

Regarding this one: All it would really require is to divert the Mariah Carey from it's regular automine run to deliver the 29 units of infrastructure to Mars, and then simply order it to resume ferrying automines.
At that point it could also pick up the Indiana Jones Xenoarcheology team and bring them home for their well-earned rest, and probably a little reorganisation to put the best Xeno ground officers in charge of the engineering brigades.
edit: That means that ultimately this is up to Rear Admiral Rendap and Commander Onbekende to implement.

Last edited:
Current proposals:
We expand our colony on Mars. Infastructure first, then terraform. (Pro: Adamus Lord_dalek; Against: Rendap) This means ordering (some of) the freighters to start ferrying infrastructure to Mars, instead of continuing with the automine runs. As for terraforming, that will require plans ..)
Reduce the numbers of Academies on order to 2. (Pro: Rendap, Surt; Against: Sirce, Lord_Dalek) edit: rejected by the tiebreaker below.

Passed proposals
Keep the current Mine Allocation Plan (MINING MAP) and keep implementing it. (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce)
Halt most of the civilian ship construction, except for Afrika which should continue with Xorns. No more new construction (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce; Neutral: Adamus)
Halt Naval Construction. Reject, finish the EX Columbus (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce, Neutral: Adamus) (actually, the full proposal from Rendap says exactly the same thing Sirce says.)
Expand our new Naval Shipyard to 5k tons capacity. (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce)

Failed proposals
Postpone creation of new Research labs. (Pro: Rendap; Against: Sirce, Lord_Dalek, Surt)

Completed proposals
Begin constructing 4 identical units at a time from our Ground Force Training Facilities. (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce, Adamus)
I propose giving me the maximum allowed labs of 15. Taking 5 from Kiwi and Surt's research each til I complete the current project and design appropriate sensors for our bases and planned missile destroyers. (Pro: Sirce, Lord_Dalek, Rendap)
Remove Active Grav Sensor 16 from the queue. (Pro: Sirce, Lord_Dalek, Rendap)
Afrika retool to CS Mayflower (Pro: Rendap, Lord_Dalek, Sirce, Adamus)

Regarding this one: All it would really require is to divert the Mariah Carey from it's regular automine run to deliver the 29 units of infrastructure to Mars, and then simply order it to resume ferrying automines.
At that point it could also pick up the Indiana Jones Xenoarcheology team and bring them home for their well-earned rest, and probably a little reorganisation to put the best Xeno ground officers in charge of the engineering brigades.
edit: That means that ultimately this is up to Rear Admiral Rendap and Commander Onbekende to implement.

If the council decides to change the already passed MAP, then I will order the change. Until that is done, the freighters will continue on the agreed runs until Colony ships are constructed.

Hey! Mars IS the rest stop. Have you been around Earth-dome recently? Makes 20th century Detroit look like a Kumbaya fest. Although I do like the idea of being in charge of an engineering brigade. :laugh:

If the council decides to change the already passed MAP, then I will order the change. Until that is done, the freighters will continue on the agreed runs until Colony ships are constructed.

I agree, no need to hurry on Mars just yet. Once the transports are built as well as additional freighters, we can consider infrastructure and people to live on Mars. So short term, NO. After automines and ships are built, yes.

Hey! Mars IS the rest stop. Have you been around Earth-dome recently? Makes 20th century Detroit look like a Kumbaya fest. Although I do like the idea of being in charge of an engineering brigade. :laugh:
Not to mention, martian women are the best.

Although, there are no martians.

The rocket fuel is leaking into the air filter again, isn't it?

Not to mention, martian women are the best.

Although, there are no martians.

The rocket fuel is leaking into the air filter again, isn't it?

The good news I think you get to stay on Mars when the Engineering Brigade comes! So more martian women drinking rocket fuel for you!

A future question for us Paradoxians that we may as well get out the way..

Terraforming Ships or Terraforming Installations?

Discuss.

I prefer installations as ships are slooooow and heavy but installations can just be idle or be moved by cargo ships when needed.

A future question for us Paradoxians that we may as well get out the way..
Terraforming Ships or Terraforming Installations?
Discuss.
I prefer installations as ships are slooooow and heavy but installations can just be idle or be moved by cargo ships when needed.

Well, I also prefer installations but it depends on the target planet really. Terraformer ships don't need population to do the job while installation you need 50k each. On certain planets, that may mean a lot of infrastructure just to support terraforming. So for mars, installation is fine.

While you are on Mars, see if you can locate that ancient reactor the notes said could generate an atmosphere.

The council is currently tied on the mars issue, with you remaining as sole holdout.

Colonize Mars

Done.

EqXF1.jpg

AjvNu.jpg

And thus, the Mariah Carey is diverted accordingly.

Five days time advancement brings a surprise:

cgL2h.jpg

Yes, that really says 20.765 tons of neutronium at accessibility 0.9.
That makes it's accessibility is a fraction lower than on 'neutron' rock, but it's still a pretty nice asteroid.

In other news, three of our officers, including paradoxians the_hdk and Lord Dalek get promotions to Captain.
This is the result of the earlier promotions - the last round of promotions made the Commander ranks quite crowded, so a round of promotions in the Captain ranks was done.
I expect the following update to bring us some promotions of certain people to Rear Admiral. :)

Here you see the inner solar system with asteroids that do not contain minerals hidden. Asteroid #2 is at the top right.

D7UxL.jpg

As you can see, the Mariah Carey hasn't returned to earth yet for the infrastructure pickup. That is expected to take 1 day, 3 hours, and 30 minutes.
All in all the detour to Mars will take 4 days, 13 hours and 21 minutes off it's schedule.

Last edited:
You'll have to schedule 3 runs for now to Mars. If I recall correctly it can "only" have 2 infrastructure per cargo hold.