• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's obviously Stenberget (Stone Mountain) in Eslöv, Sweden.

stenberget.jpg

It's a Viking game.

Aha, Eslöv is in Skåne, the only snow Swedsih province that was in Rome! But I wanted EU 4....so let's not think more about that.

I would laugh if they came out with any game other than rome 2 or EU4 due to the amount of debating over one or the other.

But in all seriousness whichever game is released. If it is anything like CK2 in terms of quality it will certainly be a fine game. As long as paradox keeps churning out quality working and looking games like CK2 I will be a happy man.

Indeed, there is no possible outcome here that will disappoint me. A new PDS ip would be incredible, and so will a sequel to any of the existing franchises.

I think your all wrong its a paradox game using the current engine but set in the future in a post apocalyptic earth.

Is it wrong for me to want this? "I'm breeding for 100% Mutant family, but my sons keep coming up normal!"

No Badboy seems to mean an internal break on warmongering, like CK2, does that point to EU4 or Rome2? I suppose it could be either, but the perceived need for a valid CB in EU4 seems more reasonable than for Rome2.

I'll be happy either way.

It's obviously Stenberget (Stone Mountain) in Eslöv, Sweden.

stenberget.jpg

It's a Viking game.

That looks like a cool place to visit! But the mountain I climbed was a fair bit higher than that.

He wrote "empire" in italics and you still have doubts...

for some reason when he says he climbed a mountain all I can think about is italy. just saying

I am also doubting it is EU4. He said you NEED to grow your EMPIRE.

Not every country in an eu game is an empire and not everyone playing EU games want to expand there empire.....country.

Last edited:
Could it be "Stenfjellet" in Norway? Close enough to Sweden that he could visit it, and at 973m it's also taller than that lil pile of rocks :)
If so Viking isn't out of the window just yet.

Tbh I hope it's EU4 though. EU has always been my favourite Paradox series, and by now the engine and mechanics wouldn't be hurt by an update.

Rome had colonies and different layers of government for their cities and provinces outside of rome. Abroad does not have to mean colonies though. This just means it is an expansion based game. This could be rome 2 or EUIV and both would be good :)

President Taft was a keen gardener. So, so obvious.

Hint #1

'Project Truman' is a historical grand strategy game developed by Paradox Development Studio.

'Project Truman'
+1 Project Truman

Hint #2

Is this the game you have been waiting for?

Italics; 'waiting for' (EU3 relatively up-to-date unless they want to totally revamp it)
+1 Rome +0.3 EU3

Hint #3

You will explore a revolutionary trade system

'revolutionary trade system'
+1 Victoria; +1 Rome and any slightly outdated IP or IP they want to revamp with new ideas/mechanics.

Hint #4

Who leads your country is immensely important.

'Who leads your country is ... important'
+1 EU4; +1 CK3 (lol no); +1 Victoria (politics)

Hint #5

Don´t worry about being a bad boy.

+1 CK3; +1 Rome; +1 any game with character interactions; +1 any game they want to implement characters into.

Hint #6

"You need to grow your empire home and abroad"

'grow your empire home and abroad'; can't find the texts right now, but that's so Roman! Augustus, Aurelius, ROME!
+1 Rome; +1 Rome; +1 Rome; +1 Rome; +1 Rome; +1 Rome.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I'm thinking a Paradox version of Colonization for real now.

It's historical.
It's not the game we've been waiting for (since it's not a sequel)
It's about trade, leading up to the American revolution
Who leads the country is immensely important - the Founding Fathers bit of Colonization was effectively the tech system.
You don't need to worry about being a bad boy, since killing the natives is no problem.
And growing your empire at home and abroad - growing can reference the actual act of growing tobacco, sugar etc. Empire - well, all European colonies in the Americas were imperial possessions; at home and abroad can refer to the repeated act of trading with Europe; Empire can also refer to trade empires as much as military ones.

Where Johan spent summers as a kid - the most convincing identity for Stone Mountain is Stone Mountain, Georgia. Georgia is one of the thirteen colonies.

Hint 1: 'Project Truman' is a historical grand strategy game developed by Paradox Development Studio.
So no fantasy

Hint 2: Is this the game you have been waiting for?
Means either the game is old, or it'll be totally unexpected. If it's oldness, Rome2 and EU4 are the best candidates. If it's unexpected, well, hard to know.

Hint 3: You will explore a revolutionary trade system
+1 EU4, +0.5 Rome, both games feature trade, but trade was far more prominent in the EU period, and also poorly represented in previous EU games.

Hint 4: Who leads your country is immensely important.
Points more to Rome, or for the case of EU4 could mean they're fleshing out rulers.
+1 Rome2, +0.5 EU4

Hint 5:Don´t worry about being a bad boy.
It just means they're removing Badboy as a game system, could apply to either game as both featured many instances where badboy wasn't appropriate, for instance, for EU4 annexing countries in Asia shouldn't really bother europeans at home), and likewise, Rome largely consists of conquering barbarians, which wouldn't give badboy either.
+1 Rome 2, +0.5 EU4

Hint 6: "You need to grow your empire home and abroad"
Tossup, could apply to either, though Rome is more overtly about empire building.
+1 Rome 2, +0.75 EU4

I think it could go either way, but I think Rome is more likely, though my heart is with EU4.