• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kindjal

Major
47 Badges
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
We've played CK2plus, we've played the wonderful Game of Thrones mod, but we were unable to play both at the same time.

Not anymore. Basically, the mod is CK2plus with the Game of Thrones map.

The AGOT team did some great work, and must be commended for their dedication, but for my taste they are too deterministic, trying to recreate the situations in the books exactly, and too much in love with writing overly complex and sophisticated event based systems.
I don't know about you, but I prefer a simpler, more generic approach.

What that means is I don't need/like "widower" traits, or "secret bastard" chains, "Mega Wars", or "Personal Interaction Engines".
I am also more than happy with a generic "Valyrian Blade" trait and don't need a separate one for every named sword in the books.
If you like those things, that's great, but I just find them unnecessary.

Some of you are probably now getting worried about flavour, don't worry I did not remove everything.
In fact I added several things, like beloved characters that were missing from the books, more religious events, and culture specific buildings.
There's plenty of changes and I can't remember them all or list them here, so I refer to you to the spoiler below to get a rough idea.

Probably best is if you just jump right into a game and get surprised.
I only really tested the mod starting from 8297, the time of Jon Arryns death, so if the other starts are weird or crash, I, uh, will fix them later. Probably. Maybe. Honest.

Download Agotplus 0.2 here for patch 1.06b, size ~63mb.

Q: How do I use this?
A: Extract into y:\our\path\to\Crusader Kings 2\mods, then select it in the launcher

Q: No I mean how do I extract this?
A: Download 7-zip

Q: Why is the download smaller than the GOT mod?
A: Because I use 7-zip.

Q: Can I use my existing saves?
A: No, I am afraid not, too many changes from the main mod. Titles mostly. The game is really picky about that.

Q: So why can I see the proper GOT mod saves?
A: Because I forgot to change the user_dir entry in the .mod file. Remove it if you want to.

Q: In the beginning the game freezes for a few seconds but then runs normally. Is this supposed to happen?
A: Yes, that's the maintenance decision being initialised for the first time. It sets relations and gets rid of some traits.

Q: What version(s) is this based on?
A: Based originally on CK2plus 1.2 and AGOT 0.11, but updated to 1.25.2 and 0.2 respectively.

Q: Why do several countries lack proper flags?
A: Sorry, but because the AGOT mod currently does not have them, I don't either.

Q: Contrary to the books, R/S/T HAPPENED! THAT IS TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE U/V/W!
A: Not a question, but it's a game, deal with it.

Q: Why did you change X/Y/Z?
A: Because it sounded like a good idea at the time.

Q: When will you release the next version?
A: Depends on what happens in the main mods. But for awhile there will probably be no new version. Man deserves some rest.

changes to gotmod/ck2plus/general overview
version 0.2/public release:
enabled diseases
childbearing ends age 40
characters
various changes
osha/bronn/davos +family/melisandre in game
parents of jon snow rhaegar/lyanna

traits
cavalry/infantry, aggressive/defensive are opposites
bracken/blackwood traits are passed down patrilineally like vanilla sayyid trait
(arch)maester is a lifestyle trait
new secular scientific education traits, mainly for maesters
dynastic stain only gives 1/2 the opinion effect
removed various (redundant) traits to remove clutter:
squire, knight, stubborn, rude, family person, fashionable, etc...

bookmarks:
removed crowned stag
added death of jon arryn, some war of five kings stuff

provinces
nightswatch more castles
beyond the wall has cultures and religion assigned
warriors sons castle in kings landing is now the city of flea bottom

buildings
added religious buildings
replaced various seperate forms of local forts that all looked and acted the same with a default model to
add new culture specific buildings, exception: nightwatch
added religious buildings
the twins give a garrison boost
halved gold mine income

court
removed castellan, redundant because of master of laws/hand of the king/chancellor
can only fire maesters as lord spiritual if not westerosi religion
educate children action removed, priests get inquisition, maesters charity

coat of arms
davos seaworth
8298+ joffrey/stannis have their own
littlefinger different

casus bellis
AI indep war restrictions:
not for stormlands, vale, westerlands, riverlands unless owns 2 or more king titles

inbreeding:
causes lunatic trait
targ dynasty has no restrictions on marriage

titles:
iron throne renamed seven kingdoms, titular
new empire title westeros for rhllor
titular empires req 2 kingdoms instead of 4
swapped provinces between stormlands/crownlands
nights watch now kingdom, duchy renamed to the wall, added new duchy "the gift"

mercenaries: fluff related where possible, incl sizes

religion
new added
rhllor/fire obsessed - burning options
drowned god - drowning options
concubines for drowned god/dothraki/dornish
drowned god part of westeros (else the marriage pool is too shallow)
non westeros religions can use priests instead of maesters
various religion events
my friend is a heretic shouldnt happen to old gods

cultures
ironborn part of andals group, free city cultures in valyrian group

valyrian steel now generic for blades, not only swords
iron throne now called seven kingdoms
added/changed loading tips

events
education system replaced, because you pay money to get a random unpredictable result
no "personal interaction engine" because at the moment it's rather useless
removed war system, household guard, various railroading fluff events
royal proclamations now happen properly after old ruler dies
removal of various deterministic events
fixed http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...4-1.06-Report-on-bugs-in-multiple-event-files

decisions
force sons to train only at the same location as you

minor titles
is now called decisions
allows to send daughter to silent sisters, legitimise bastards, assign concubine
grants independence to vassals
first stewart/ranger/builder now assignable at will

combat tactics
culture specifics

1. CK2+ is already in AGOT.
2. in first scenario, after Robert Rebellion, AGOT is no more "deterministic"
3. did you ask the team? (AGOT team and Wiz work a lot for these mod, i'm sure they will give you their permission)

Last edited:
I think that I missed where you explained that you have created an add-on to the AGOT mod and not just taken the mod, removed what you did not like, and release it under your own name. I also apparently missed the place where you thanked the mod team for giving you permission to re-release their mod with certain aspects removed.

Wiz does allow free use of CK2+ without directly asking permission, as per his readme, but I have not seen anything similar for AGOT.

"parents of jon snow rhaegar/lyanna"

I don't agree with this. It is just a theory, and although likely until said in the books it's just an assumption :rolleyes:

I think that I missed where you explained that you have created an add-on to the AGOT mod and not just taken the mod, removed what you did not like, and release it under your own name. I also apparently missed the place where you thanked the mod team for giving you permission to re-release their mod with certain aspects removed.

Wiz does allow free use of CK2+ without directly asking permission, as per his readme, but I have not seen anything similar for AGOT.

+1, Exactly this...

Judging by the overall tone of the OP, highly doubt permission was sought. A Mod needs to come in here and put this under review/lockdown.

Also, there are already elements of CK2+ in AGOT, "Riso: Merged features from mods like CK2+ and Better Rebels, Misc. Coding."

Last edited:
Sure it would have been nicer to ask permission, but I think a pity that the IP discussion detracts from what sounds like quite a bit of work.

How many people asked Paradox for permission before modding their game?

The GoT mod team allow the creation of mod over our work.
It would indeed be great if the mod mod would only be an option to add or remove to the mod list but this might be hard to do and we understand.

As long as credit for the Game of Thrones part is given to the team and that the mod is specified to be a mod mod and not a mod on it's own, and as long as any problem is reported to Kindjal while encountering an error during a GoTCK2+ game it's fine.

It's pretty cool to see people putting their own spins on our work. I look forward to seeing what you've changed. New religion events in particular sound like they might be something we'd want in the main mod.

I too dont mind modmods , but asking for permission would of been polite and you cant just release the whole mod package with your own changes, you need to use dependencies.

I'm also curious as to how you think mega-wars are too deterministic.

+1, Exactly this...

Judging by the overall tone of the OP, highly doubt permission was sought. A Mod needs to come in here and put this under review/lockdown.

Also, there are already elements of CK2+ in AGOT, "Riso: Merged features from mods like CK2+ and Better Rebels, Misc. Coding."

Oh god, the tone police are here. Sorry you didn't like the OP. If the mod is better people will play it. If it's not, people won't.

Judge the man on his work, not on his PR.

Oh god, the tone police are here. Sorry you didn't like the OP. If the mod is better people will play it. If it's not, people won't.

Judge the man on his work, not on his PR.

Tone does matter. I don't know if you have ever made a mod, but I have, and tone does matter. Modders work a lot and don't get paid, all we get is players saying thanks, satisfaction or work well done (if it is well done) and, sometimes, people complaining and whining as if they had the right because they paid for the mod, which they didn't.

So damn it, please remember that we're making mods for you, for free. And then, when people come and use your work with no regards, no respect and without asking permission... and then they go all over the place with this attitude, this tone, well... it happened to us and it's not a nice feeling.

So it's not only the work. We work on a good will assumed basis. We ask for permission and we get stuff. Since bad willed people exist, mod forums usually ban "mod stealers", even if their mod is absolutely awesome. Because if their modus operandi succeeds, people will stop making public free mods, since anyone can go, steal that work that costs so many hours and no one else wants to do and not even credit you in the readme.

Do you understand?