• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you're on a windows machine, 1) turn off the steam autoupdate function, 2) use the "restore previous versions" function to revert back to an older version of the CK2 folder inside steam, 3) copy this folder somewhere else on your computer.

Now if you want, you can let steam autoupdate your main copy of CK2, while keeping the older version in a different folder.

Steam, CK2, beta tab. There is only one there, 1.092. And obviously you can't load any DLC released after that, such as Old Gods.

I was really excited to read about this beta patch function, since I haven't played CKII after my campaign in 1.05g was made obsolete by an automatic update. Is there still no way to roll back to this with Steam, though? I fear I got my hopes up too early...

Only the previous patch is retained in the beta in Steam, sorry.

Only the previous patch is retained in the beta in Steam, sorry.

Oh. Well, maybe next year I'll find a solution...

The past year I've been lingering for a super offer from Gamers Gate, since I don't want to pay full price for something I've bought several times already. Then I could patch my game as I please, right? Or will Gamers Gate start publishing the steam version now, too?

Oh. Well, maybe next year I'll find a solution...

The past year I've been lingering for a super offer from Gamers Gate, since I don't want to pay full price for something I've bought several times already. Then I could patch my game as I please, right?
Or will Gamers Gate start publishing the steam version now, too?

Probably :http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...der-Kings-II-Steam-and-GG-Versions-The-Future
...going to try to do, if all technical issues works out well..

That's all we know.

Currently CK2 Collection is on 75% on GG. For the DLCs, well we might get a bigger sale closer to christmas, but who knows.
But if the complete move to Steam happens, we won't get single patches downloadable anymore and if i understand correctly, you'll need to save whole game folders on the patch version you'd like to keep.
GG will just offer the Steam version like anyone else. Of course you could still play your GG variant on older patches just like now.

Currently CK2 Collection is on 75% on GG. For the DLCs, well we might get a bigger sale closer to christmas, but who knows.

Thank you, yes, I noticed that, too! However, it's €20 for the game and DLCs I don't really want. I wouldn't mind too much paying a smaller sum, because I love(d) the game, but that's a bit much for something I already own, it just doesn't seem fair. I actually got the CD for myself, thinking it would give me control over the game, but it just went downloading all the core files from Steam right from the installer -_-

Your only solution is to either make backups every patch or never to run the game through Steam (And disable automatic updates in background along with it)

Steam doesn't really cater to the handful of games where a minority of players prefer to stay on old versions for a period of time (or at all). Paradox have tried to keep it possible to keep playing the larger mods like GoT and Elder Scrolls by keeping the last patch as a rollback feature while the mods are updated - But nothing more than that.

Thank you, yes, I noticed that, too! However, it's €20 for the game and DLCs I don't really want. I wouldn't mind too much paying a smaller sum, because I love(d) the game, but that's a bit much for something I already own, it just doesn't seem fair. I actually got the CD for myself, thinking it would give me control over the game, but it just went downloading all the core files from Steam right from the installer -_-
well, the CD box did say it required steam anyway :p

It says I need a 'beta access code' to roll back to 2.0.4. What is that?

Just trying to get my game playable again, as opposed to the ridiculous clusterfuck that the current build is.

It says I need a 'beta access code' to roll back to 2.0.4. What is that?

Just trying to get my game playable again, as opposed to the ridiculous clusterfuck that the current build is.

You don't. Just ignore it.