• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aren't you papal controller yet? May be there are neighbours waiting to be excommunicated?

Khorosan might be a good target, more managable than Hindustan and most probably neighbouring more Asian minors.

Last edited:
What can you do

If Hindustan will leave to much down time between wars. Go north through scary face:rofl:
to reach northern china and hopefully new targets.:D
Will probably need more troops though.:ninja:

Well done. You've achieved all 3 goals you set yourself 70 years ago. I like the one province settlement cutting the Timmies in two.

Hindustan must be the main target. Looks like you have only one army in theater, though I guess you could bring up the one in Bahrain very quickly. Since you need more troops, you might as well use your armies already at the front for a war against Khorasan - it'll kill the time, give you some BB to burn and a longer front (hopefully discovering some Hindustan lands).

In the meantime bring up more units. Can you take some away from Turkey? Your front there has been considerably shortened and you could always annex Mentese to clean up some more. Your Balkan and Golden Horde fronts are in good shape, defensible, so you shouldn't need that many troops (unless you expect a Bohemian attack).

War goals against Hindustan should be Kush and the EIC, as someone said. No idea how much warscore is required for Hindustani provinces, but Kush isn't that far away, I hope you can get to it in the first war.

29k soldiers at the front, you say? I guess that means two stacks somewhat capable of fighting on their own. Facing 120k Hindustani troops might be tough for those two stacks, so how much reinforcements will you bring in before considering yourself ready to strike? 0-3 more stacks?

And where do you recruit your troops? In jolly old England or closer to the front? :)

Good!
What is your tech ? if it's 18 or more , Hindustan should not be a problem.
you don't need to wait for socotra to be revealed , all you need is to have boats in an adjacent sea zone where you can send ships and troops.
unfortunately , it insn't on a coastal area so you'll need to wait for that sea zone to uncover.
You'll probably need the like of 40-50 regiments for India , they can be sent to China afterwards but you'll need one or two rebel duty armies.
The swahili you can deal with , except if they were crushed by rebels and now animists , sometimes they can keep and convert the Mutapa too.

The timurids can be left alone , when you'll have all the west side provinces.

Looking good here Prawnstar. You're not complaining about WE so surely its a matter of 2-3 months to build and move some armies into the Indian theatre? Once there you can decide to take out Timmies and other Neast Eastern nations using Holy War. Hindustan could take a long time to eliminate but you could go for the balls out crazy approach and sprint across North India chewing through Delhi/Tibet/Bengal/Assam etc and hit SE Asia early and then use secondary stacks to grind down through India. I would assume you have the manpower/force limit to do this now. Since the economy is all but dead are you looking at East India Trade Co or not? It might help afford another few regiments.

I agree mostly with going straight for Hindustan sooner rather than later, with as much as you can muster in that theatre. I know you are not a fan of artillery, but would it be of some help at this point – to hold the Indian cavalry when they come to your territory, then chase back with fresh cavalry?

If it's audacity you're after, start the wars against Hindustan now. 29,000 troops are enough to defeat the Hindu forces. You're going to have to pierce the veil of TI. You can build up to 2 16,000 strong armies from Luristan, your local core. Overunning Nogai and colonising brings up the Kazakh horde and BB free colonization to Chine, perhaps. The only brake on your progress, aside from BB, the number of colonists your economy can support before you crash and burn.

FEEDBACK

Just responses to people, i've not played on from where I've posted to - maybe this weekend but I've some family stuff to sort out.

Ambitous Goals Hindustan's Infantry should fall apart in front of you but They will have the better Cavalry since there default game start Cavalry is better than yours. You'd better have crushed them before they get Land tech 15 or it'll be an awful lot harder to finish them off.

I'm Land 18, they are Land 10 and I have several high tradition (70 - 80% range) generals. Land 18 is key for Latin tech as it gives a Military Tactics upgrade = far fewer casulties. It'll be slow but it will be victory.

It all depends on how long you think it will take to get a decent peace with Hindustan. If exploring all that TI and travel time for reinforcing armies would put that back more than four years, then you have to think about taking on more BB before then. I don't remember if you have more vassals that you can annex, but that would be one place. Of the minor Holy War targets Mali is out, because you'll run out of BB by the time the truce runs out. Mentese is fine, but probably too small to be much help. Khorasan is a good size, but opening another front when you're already thin there is a bad idea. If you can take it before reinforcing armies arrive, then you should attack them first (and maybe even Kashmir). That should give you enough BB to win a prolonged campaign against Hindustan. However, if you think you can wrap up that campaign quickly, then by all means it is time to cross the Indus.

On a personal note how about some pie and a world map? Please? :)

Good point, I was thinking first war against Hindustan then Khorasan but that's worth taking on board about length of time to get peace. Maps and Pies at 1550 :)

What about munching through Nogai and making a second anti-Timurid front there?

No need tbh, they are beaten. It just takes a long time to settle all those provinces. Nomad provinces have to be settled in much the same way as colonies are.

Sounds good! Maybe you can reach Kazmir through Khorasan, and then check what's on the other side?

That will happen at somepoint quite soon.

I think it's looking pretty good so far. It seems like it's going to be tough to get all of Asia before 1650 though, and the longer it takes, the more land Ming/Manchu (maybe others?) are gonna take from the remaining hordes, now that they've been stomped by you. As for Europe... I'm glad I don't have to face that Bohemia. You'll manage it of course, seeing how you control most of the world, but they'll probably put up some significant resistance. On the other hand, it would've been worse if it was Austria who blobbed.

Looking forward to the next update!

Good point about the Nomads losing ground in the East but I'm constrained by colonists. It'll take a couple (or three) decades just to settle the Timurid land I already control. Not too sure what I can do yet - just push on eating the Timurids and hope I like what I see when I get there!

Why haven't you colonized Astrakhan already? It is supposedly a CoT ( or it is gone in your game ? ).

On your end of thread request ... Well, go east ;) The sooner you break Hindustan, the better: they have their land fully cored and , given your border with them, they should be starting to get some ( relative OFC ) speed in techs. It would be nice to know their land tech level ( I assume something around 10 at most ) and manpower, but anyway, it will take quite a while to get something on the western branch that beats a Indian cav of the same level ... while their infantry should be easy to break. Getting up to Kutch in the first war would be nice ( it would allow the EIC decision ) ;)

Comrade Kalle is right about the Asians eating the hordes via east. By 1650 either Manchu, Korea or one of the Chinese states ( most likely Ming, but if it breaks sometimes you see Qin or even Wu eating up the hordes ) start appearing near the northern timmy border in most games and is not unusual for that to happen earlier. You should give a eye on that .

I had a settlement in Astrakhan burnt out by rebels after a 33 day seige some years ago but right now the settlement has over 900 inhabitants. Hindustan will only tech up fast if they westernise although I have now given them a Latin tech border if everything else is right (sliders +, ruler).

Excellent!
Crushing your way through the subcontinent has got to be the first priority.
You can always nibble the Horde & Timmies for extra BB...for a bit.:D

No BB for settling Nomad provinces!

Have any other powers begun colonizing at all yet, or did you successfully stomp them all last century?

I don't believe there has been any exploration never mind colonisation. Just about everyone in Europe has 2 military NIs - some have 4 from 4 - yes that includes the trader OPMs and Republics. Wonder why? LOL

Aren't you papal controller yet? May be there are neighbours waiting to be excommunicated?

Khorosan might be a good target, more managable than Hindustan and most probably neighbouring more Asian minors.

I forget to excommunicate people - could be useful for grabbing some more cheap BB if I look like running out.

If Hindustan will leave to much down time between wars. Go north through scary face:rofl:
to reach northern china and hopefully new targets.:D
Will probably need more troops though.:ninja:

Through the scary face is hard going, il_loco's idea sounds easier.

Woohoo! I'm featured in the great man's sig! :D

Well done you ;)

Well done. You've achieved all 3 goals you set yourself 70 years ago. I like the one province settlement cutting the Timmies in two.

Hindustan must be the main target. Looks like you have only one army in theater, though I guess you could bring up the one in Bahrain very quickly. Since you need more troops, you might as well use your armies already at the front for a war against Khorasan - it'll kill the time, give you some BB to burn and a longer front (hopefully discovering some Hindustan lands).

In the meantime bring up more units. Can you take some away from Turkey? Your front there has been considerably shortened and you could always annex Mentese to clean up some more. Your Balkan and Golden Horde fronts are in good shape, defensible, so you shouldn't need that many troops (unless you expect a Bohemian attack).

War goals against Hindustan should be Kush and the EIC, as someone said. No idea how much warscore is required for Hindustani provinces, but Kush isn't that far away, I hope you can get to it in the first war.

I've two armies in theatre (29,000) and the force in Egypt is moving to Persia as a sweeper to destroy enemies who slip behind the front line. Given the size of Hindustan the first set of provinces will be fairly cheap.

29k soldiers at the front, you say? I guess that means two stacks somewhat capable of fighting on their own. Facing 120k Hindustani troops might be tough for those two stacks, so how much reinforcements will you bring in before considering yourself ready to strike? 0-3 more stacks?

And where do you recruit your troops? In jolly old England or closer to the front? :)

Additional forces are currently raised in Egypt. The two stacks available are probably enough to start the war :)

Good!
What is your tech ? if it's 18 or more , Hindustan should not be a problem.
you don't need to wait for socotra to be revealed , all you need is to have boats in an adjacent sea zone where you can send ships and troops.
unfortunately , it insn't on a coastal area so you'll need to wait for that sea zone to uncover.
You'll probably need the like of 40-50 regiments for India , they can be sent to China afterwards but you'll need one or two rebel duty armies.
The swahili you can deal with , except if they were crushed by rebels and now animists , sometimes they can keep and convert the Mutapa too.

The timurids can be left alone , when you'll have all the west side provinces.

I'm Land 18, I agree it'll be good enough. Swahili is gone it's just Mutapa and I don't want to attack trhem before 1650.

Looking good here Prawnstar. You're not complaining about WE so surely its a matter of 2-3 months to build and move some armies into the Indian theatre? Once there you can decide to take out Timmies and other Neast Eastern nations using Holy War. Hindustan could take a long time to eliminate but you could go for the balls out crazy approach and sprint across North India chewing through Delhi/Tibet/Bengal/Assam etc and hit SE Asia early and then use secondary stacks to grind down through India. I would assume you have the manpower/force limit to do this now. Since the economy is all but dead are you looking at East India Trade Co or not? It might help afford another few regiments.

Balls out crazy approach? Me? with my reputation!

Actually it's what I'm thinking :D

I agree mostly with going straight for Hindustan sooner rather than later, with as much as you can muster in that theatre. I know you are not a fan of artillery, but would it be of some help at this point – to hold the Indian cavalry when they come to your territory, then chase back with fresh cavalry?

Not sure about artillery I guess I'll see how my usual forces do first.

If it's audacity you're after, start the wars against Hindustan now. 29,000 troops are enough to defeat the Hindu forces. You're going to have to pierce the veil of TI. You can build up to 2 16,000 strong armies from Luristan, your local core. Overunning Nogai and colonising brings up the Kazakh horde and BB free colonization to Chine, perhaps. The only brake on your progress, aside from BB, the number of colonists your economy can support before you crash and burn.

War now, sounds like a plan. You're absolutely right colonist numbers are the limiting factor on speed pushing through the nomads - I'm about to conclude a 60 year war with the Horde so the Timmies can be dealt with in much the same manner.

If something like this would have actually happened and the English came conquering and destroying towards Timur, what would he have been thinking? :D Instead of others fearing Timur, they had to fear PrawnStar. BTW the only way, you could be safe from him is on an island that has yet to be discovered :)

Did you made any gains in northern Europe yet?

Northern Europe has been ignored, I'll wait for cheaper CBs

Across N India. The only other promising location is Ceylon and you don't have the fleet so you would be dependent on serendipity. Just ask yourself what Earl Grey would recommend. Assam and Darjeeling has to be the way to go.

If you are afraid that China will munch on Timmies, why don't you just colonise their eastern holdings? There is no risk on the border with other hordes, so this part of the empire could be left alone in order to conserve colonists...

Across N India. The only other promising location is Ceylon and you don't have the fleet so you would be dependent on serendipity.

I rather like the idea of being dependent on serendipity to reach Serendip!

Just ask yourself what Earl Grey would recommend. Assam and Darjeeling has to be the way to go.

Chai quite agree.

There are a couple of Hindustani armies in the land of the Timurids and a province occupied by them that may be being colonised and a couple of Timurid armies. That's likely to be about 60 regiments of Hindustani strength. Taking Mentese and the two timurid provinces frees that army to send to Makran. In terms of BB, you have Guyenne to diploannex. Having no BB, when you come to peace out Hindustan, helps you maximize the number of provinces you can demand in peace.

Putting 1 colonist in a horde provinceand letting colonization happen naturally ought to flip the province in about a decade. 2 colonists in about 7 years and 3 in 4 years.You have many moreTimnurid provinces you can settle right away than you did with the Horde. Over 4 colonists available a year ought to be ample to settle the horde lands. Sure there are the risks of 33 day revolts and TSCs, but you're got to maximise the territories your colonists can give you.

What's your current mission?

You may find Brunei has conquered Mutapa bythe time you're ready to attack them.

MORE FEEDBACK

Across N India. The only other promising location is Ceylon and you don't have the fleet so you would be dependent on serendipity. Just ask yourself what Earl Grey would recommend. Assam and Darjeeling has to be the way to go.

Ceylon is Hindustani, which means I'd need to get past that fleet! I do like Assam and Ceylon although I have a soft spot for Kenyan :)

If you are afraid that China will munch on Timmies, why don't you just colonise their eastern holdings? There is no risk on the border with other hordes, so this part of the empire could be left alone in order to conserve colonists...

I'm not hugely bothered about Chinese expansion against the Hordes but it would be a royal pain in the ass to actually do anything about it.

I rather like the idea of being dependent on serendipity to reach Serendip!

Nice :)

There are a couple of Hindustani armies in the land of the Timurids and a province occupied by them that may be being colonised and a couple of Timurid armies. That's likely to be about 60 regiments of Hindustani strength. Taking Mentese and the two timurid provinces frees that army to send to Makran. In terms of BB, you have Guyenne to diploannex. Having no BB, when you come to peace out Hindustan, helps you maximize the number of provinces you can demand in peace.

Putting 1 colonist in a horde provinceand letting colonization happen naturally ought to flip the province in about a decade. 2 colonists in about 7 years and 3 in 4 years.You have many moreTimnurid provinces you can settle right away than you did with the Horde. Over 4 colonists available a year ought to be ample to settle the horde lands. Sure there are the risks of 33 day revolts and TSCs, but you're got to maximise the territories your colonists can give you.

What's your current mission?

You may find Brunei has conquered Mutapa bythe time you're ready to attack them.

The armies in Timurid lands are guarding colonies, one is being moved to the front line. The Hindustani stacks in shot are actually tiny - their army is in TI. Agree I will be able to settle the Timurids a lot faster than the Horde. I've a mission to convert Suhar, there's a missionary busy.

World Map - March 1540

fxus5w.jpg

There's a lot of information in that world map. Central Europe's a mess, I do hope someone cleans that up so you don't have to pay annexation costs for all those minors. (That's the point of boxing them in, though, isn't it? Gives Bohemia something to do, too.) Hindustan is indeed huge. You'll need explorers to lead your armies into all that TI. Ming China on the other hand doesn't look all that powerful. Is the brown to their north Manchu? They should be too busy with each other to colonize westwards much.