• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, if you look at the Patriarch in Constantinople's title history, you'll find that the first Patriarch is indeed, a Scotsman. You should make him the antipope, then press his claim on the Papacy just for a reversed situation! :)

popeimbecilei.jpg

I've seen some pretty sad excuses for Popes, but that one has to be the worst so far.

popeimbecilei.jpg

I've seen some pretty sad excuses for Popes, but that one has to be the worst so far.

"Christ was crucified on this moon right?"

"Yes Holy Father... Whatever you say."

Look at his piety symbol below his prestige.

I'm sure in over 100 pages similar things to this have happened before, but here are some interesting developments from my current game as the Zagwe Monophysite Kings of Abyssinia and Arabia.

Here we have Tengri paganism going strong in the late game, mostly thanks to an extremely large and powerful Kingdom of Cumania which the Ilkhanate, Golden Horde, and Timurids all failed to stamp out. It can't be seen here but the small Kingdom of Rus is also Tengri, both in its counties and its rulers:

2012-10-23_00001.jpg

The Orthodox faith has been reduced to two independent duchies. One in what in my game is now the southern portion of the Byzantine Empire, the other in the northwest of Russia (however, they're ruled over by Tengri pagans). The Ecumenical Patriarch and the BRE are all Catholics. The BRE itself has moved far north, and is controlled by the Hungarian Arpads:

2012-10-23_00002.jpg

2012-10-23_00003.jpg

Finally, one of the great powers in the west is the Kingdom of Ireland, which is in personal union with the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Greece. Controlled by an AI cadet branch of my Zagwe dynasty, thanks to a lucky queen regnant in Ireland to whom I married one of my younger sons. In turn their own son married a queen regnant of England:

2012-10-23_00004.jpg

2012-10-23_00005.jpg

Perhaps not new to some, but this is my first time seeing a catholic sayyid. Just imagine the horror when he joins the crusade. Sacrilege.
2012-10-23_00001.jpg

Perhaps a bit off the topic, but are there still living sayyids? Just curious.

My 24-year-old genius son liked to look lustfully at a 52-year old baroness. And it happened not once or twice but 6 or 7 times. I'm not against it, but why that old hag? He could simply find some young busty courtier and try to "give her a good tumble", as his father did.

He prefers experience over looks.