• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Sultanate of Oman:

My prime goal was to form Arabia, but alas the scores by the time I civilized were overwhelmingly high - still tried and got pretty far never the less (started 92nd place ended 25th).

Skjermbilde2012-07-08kl222154.png

V2_MAP_OMA_193611_1.jpg

V2_MAP_OMA_193611_2.jpg

Interesting things that occurred (or didn't occur):

-The CSA managed to stay independant of the union.
-Morroco was the only proletarian dictatorship (Luxembourg was on its way to being one though).
-There was three facist dictatorships.
-There were no great wars.
-UK took US' New England states.
-USA fell out of great powership and stayed at roughly 12-14th place.
-Manhattan Commune declared independance and maintained their sovereignty.
-By end game there were only 5 nations left that didn't civilize (3 Indian princely states, Siam, & Bukkara).
-Looking at the photo below, the CSA was more liberal than the US in their electorates:
liberal_csa.png

Just for clarification, I noticed in the 'form arabia' decision there was a clause for Nejd. Is this a decision any arab nation can fire or is it exclusive to Nejd?

CSA Liberals want separation from USA. I know that sounds Odd, but that's how the game treats the confederates, as Liberals.

I believe you have to be Nejd / Hedjaz, or be on good relations with neibours.

I think being either Nejd or Hedjaz and conquering the other will make forming Arabia much easier than doing it with the other Arabian nations, which would require sphereing or making satellites of the Arabian peninsula.

I think you still have to sphere them as Nejd or Hedjaz. What bothers me is that you have to be a gp to form nations, when was Nejd or Hedjaz ever a Great Power in the early 1900's?

The easiest way to form arabia is to annex Hejaz as Nejd, this will let you fire the form arabia as soon as you do it, then you gain cores all over the place, and your primary and accepted nationalitys change. Oh and you don't have to be a Great power.

The easiest way to form arabia is to annex Hejaz as Nejd, this will let you fire the form arabia as soon as you do it, then you gain cores all over the place, and your primary and accepted nationalitys change. Oh and you don't have to be a Great power.
This.
Then unite all the arabian peninsular states and when you build a better army with infantry and also cavalry(iimportant)wait till ottomans attack egypt(they do some times,i don't play vic that much)and when you see them capture provinces(egyptian army is either fighting them or has been destroyed)attack egypt.Then it's easy not to let them build much of an army(if portugal keeps bugging you about the colonies oman has,surrender to them that is what i do)i can post a picture if you want

Those decision requirements can be awfully confusing to interpret then, I was certain I had to be a great power to fire the decision since I had both Hedjaz and Nejd under my direct control - Has any player posted a game where they did this without being a great power?

Those decision requirements can be awfully confusing to interpret then, I was certain I had to be a great power to fire the decision since I had both Hedjaz and Nejd under my direct control - Has any player posted a game where they did this without being a great power?
I united it without being one as Nejd but now it is around 1900 and i may be a GP i don't remember(i doubt that though)i have westernised

I united it without being one as Nejd but now it is around 1900 and i may be a GP i don't remember(i doubt that though)i have westernised

If that's the case then why as Oman was I not able to form Arabia? I had both territories under my control. You must have been a GP, the decision does make mention of it and it acts rather similarly to how the Scandinavian and Indian decisions work.

If that's the case then why as Oman was I not able to form Arabia? I had both territories under my control. You must have been a GP, the decision does make mention of it and it acts rather similarly to how the Scandinavian and Indian decisions work.
Actually,if you are nejd you don't need to be a GP but if you are any other state you need to have the arabian states in sphere i think

Ah okay so playing as Nejd exclusively grants you the ability to form arabia but any arab state such Oman, Yemen, Hedjaz, etc needs great powership and include Hedjaz and Nejd in a sphere - not conquered, am I correct with this?

If your understanding is correct, then a change is in order here... it's extremely stupid.

If your understanding is correct, then a change is in order here... it's extremely stupid.
I agree.I mean even conquering the arabian states at start is hard even when you have formed arabia(only irregulars available)let alone become a great power with the restraints ottomans egypt and persia(ive seen russia come down to persia to)and even more rarely russia and other GB's put on you,let alone become a great power

You have to be a GP as the other Arab nations, don't forget that. Egypt also has the decision to form Arabia, so you could become an Egyptian GP and form it, but that doesn't sound right.

EDIT: Just noticed that Arabia doesn't have cores on Spanish Melilla, Ottoman Tripoli, or Ottoman Libyan coast, but has cores on every other Muslim nation in Asia Minor/North Africa. 0.o

Last edited:
You have to be a GP as the other Arab nations, don't forget that. Egypt also has the decision to form Arabia, so you could become an Egyptian GP and form it, but that doesn't sound right.

EDIT: Just noticed that Arabia doesn't have cores on Spanish Melilla, Ottoman Tripoli, or Ottoman Libyan coast, but has cores on every other Muslim nation in Asia Minor/North Africa. 0.o

I think that Egypt can form it and then release it, not become arabia. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, because if I am, I'm gonna start an egypt game right now :p

I think that Egypt can form it and then release it, not become arabia. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, because if I am, I'm gonna start an egypt game right now :p

I don't know, I mean, Arabia has cores on Egypt when it forms, so I doubt that you can't form Arabia as Egypt.

I don't know, I mean, Arabia has cores on Egypt when it forms, so I doubt that you can't form Arabia as Egypt.

I've been playing pdm for a long time, so I checked the vanilla decision. It's available to the whole arab group (berber, maghrebi, misri, mashriqi, bedouin) and seems to add them all as accepted, adding cores as well, while pdm only allows the bedouin/mashriqi states of the arabian peninsula to form it and also only adds regional cores/cultures. That's why I've never done a pdm arabia game... it's so lackluster (egypt starts with these as accepted, plus misri and the ottos have a very similar thing going on). But this mega-arabia that you can get in vanilla, I defo wanna try that. That is, if I'm understanding the way the decision works in vanilla correctly.

I've been playing pdm for a long time, so I checked the vanilla decision. It's available to the whole arab group (berber, maghrebi, misri, mashriqi, bedouin) and seems to add them all as accepted, adding cores as well, while pdm only allows the bedouin/mashriqi states of the arabian peninsula to form it and also only adds regional cores/cultures. That's why I've never done a pdm arabia game... it's so lackluster (egypt starts with these as accepted, plus misri and the ottos have a very similar thing going on). But this mega-arabia that you can get in vanilla, I defo wanna try that. That is, if I'm understanding the way the decision works in vanilla correctly.

Yeah, I played Arabia in PDM before, I managed to be a GP and have a huge IC for an Arab nation. I'm guessing the goal for Arabia in vanilla is to try and reform a Caliphate.