• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My first full AHD game (2.1):
v2mapusa1936111.jpg

For a second there I thought the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom overthrew the Qing government haha

Here is the game that has basically been keeping me from putting in more time on the mod I'm leading, it was certainly one crazy game.

v2maprus1936111.png

I was playing as Russia in this game. The game started off with me more or less systematically annexing Central Asia. I surprisingly took little badboy, so by 1870, all of Central Asia and Afghanistan had been annexed by me. I was also allied to Prussia and Sardinia-Piedmont and more or less carried them through their unifications, as well as allowing Scandinavia to form. When Denmark became a GP, I allowed them to take Sweden from my SOI and to form Scandinavia. My former allies turned traitor and have been at war with me on and off, but I crushed them in the 1880s and since that time have been a rebel-infested hellhole that(eventually) resulted in the independence of Norway and Iceland. In the case of Spain, Spain was actually going strong, up until France invaded what they must have viewed as uppity Spaniards and took Catalonia from them. Spain fell into anarchy and lost Cuba, and it's a miracle they didn't lose the Philippines, they were rebel-occupied at the time via nationalists.

Around 1880 or so, I declared war on Persia and annexed them over the course of two wars and a final war that ended with me strolling into their capital. Shortly after I finished annexing Persia, Austria and France decided to double-team Prussia. I, being the little noble goody-goody, went to war and spent the next 3 years forcing France to WP out and crushing Austria, taking East Galicia from them while Germany took Moravia. I also forced them to release Hungary in Budapest. At this point, Sardinia-Piedmont declared war while Austria was down and ended up annexing Lombardia and forming Italy. From there, what I had dubbed the Quadruple Alliance proceeded to smack Austria silly for the next 2 decades. I took West Galicia while forcing Austria to release Moldavian Moldavia and Slovakia to Hungary, Hungary took the rest of their heartland and Transylvania, Croatia broke free throughout the course of the war, Bavaria declared to regain the province they lost to them in Germany(that one province Bavaria has isolated), Italy took Venetia and South Tirol, and eventually Istria. Italy and Croatia fought a series of wars that resulted in at first, in an overall Croatian victory(they managed to stalemate Italy and keep Dalmatia, but were forced to abandon their annexation of Istria from Austria), the second resulted in a loss of Croatian Istria and Dalmatia, with Hungary declaring war and annexing Croatia proper. From there, one final war was declared to humiliate Austria, but during this war Italy annexed a chunk of Austrian German land. From that point onwards, the alliance dissolved, with the 4 former allies swapping alliances between themselves, but never Italy and Germany.

I spent the rest of my time building up my navies and saying 'screw it' to my army, seeing as it was already enormous and China was backwards at the time. I ended up Slavificating all of the territories I own into states except for the Hindu Kush region; everything else was a state. I ended up with a military score of 17,000 in peacetime and a population of 65 million POPs. My military was so dominant that I overshadowed 2nd through 6th place, combined. I had a higher military score than France, the US, the UK, China, Italy, and Germany COMBINED. I ended up with such a high score that I tossed badboy out the window in my final years in pursuit of awesome borders, while at the same time limiting myself so as to not start a world war. I annexed Kalat, Makran, Moldavia, and Krakow, and ended up annexing the island of Hokkaido from Japan. I would have taken Norrland, Greenland, and Nunavut as well(I had casus bellis for all 3 at one point), but I didn't want to end up getting into a war with the UK due to logistics. War in this game is honestly a pain unless it's at a local level, hence why I fought Austria and Japan but refused to fight China, Britain, or Brazil(despite having the capability to crush any of them, possibly all 3 at once). I had a standing army of about 600 brigades but I could have easily afforded 1000+ brigades. Lazyness and all that.

Overall, fun game, Russia when done right is possibly the scariest nation the AI could face.

EDIT: The GP pecking order was me, the US, Germany, the UK, France, China, Italy, and Hungary, with Belgium, Japan, the Dutch, Peru, Spain, Mexico, and Turkey as runner ups.

What is funny about it is a Civil War start
*notice Moldavia?
*iceland
*Russian prussa
*french sardinia
*Basically italy reduced to worse than they are on 1836. France did the south, I did the north.

VRgH3.jpg

KnUUk.jpg

How did the Dutch colonise the Werder region exclave?

The French forced the Dutch to release Ethiopian Negele(Ethiopia had a core there), but they had originally colonized Werder and Negele. Hence why the Dutch have that enclave. I also agree with that, I was happy to see Portugal get the pink map, although I'll be honest with you here, I was watching the colonization process closely and Portugal was about to start colonizing Uganda right after finishing colonizing part of the pink map. I swapped tags and redirected them to Angola, so yes, I cheated to make them get the pink map, but meh, I was happy to have it then some ugly, random map of Africa.

This is my first AHD game I played to completion that I used no console

The Glorious Federation of American Nations.

All of south America, except for Argentina and the -guays are sphered (those keep revolting over and over), Spain, United Central States of America, and most of Prussia's natural minors are all within the American Sphere. My only REAL ally is Japan, who was sphered very early and when they westernized because a very strong ally helping me neutralize the Pacific British fleets from India, protecting my coast and my colonies.

5CCB31833B6663261E5145ACF48773ACCEFE160D

9A25EF4C4468B988AFFC64C9E82D3433451B38AC

BA33BC9068505BAF543EA84628A02C469B0C6801

0445E362FDB91CAE6871D48A7754C16E647F7130

A view of Europe.

D1A9CE86C34DD1DC86995399109DA257D6231B48

Asia is about normal except that Japan took two provinces from china.

After this game I can say one thing with absolute certainty. This game NEEDS a national focus for Assimilation. Immigration National focus does not bring in the main culture and when you colonies places like the pacific the imigration is very few and the natives just do NOT want to convert.

I would love for there to be a Nf for assimilation that works better then more freedoms your nation has.

Last edited: