Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Jiěfng Zhnzhēng - A Chinese HPP AAR

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Jiěfng Zhnzhēng - A Chinese HPP AAR

Jiěfng Zhnzhēng
    (War of Liberation)

Nation: People's Republic of China
    Difficulty: Normal
    Game Version: SF 2.04f
    Mod: HPP 2.04
    Style: History Book

House Rules:
    1) No sneaky invasions of Japanese-held islands. The AI is too dumb to properly use the navy to patrol its homeland and is too dumb to leave a reserve in place, so I won't use gamey tactics like landing an army in Nagasaki or some other large port that's almost always undefended.
    2) Manually control navy and special forces. Everything else will be under AI control at the army group level. If I fight against Japan alongside the other Chinese states, then I'll have to control my troops manually when fighting against the RoC due to the Allied Theater sharing bug.
    3) Any ships that are built must use components close to the current year. I may not get to this point, but if I do I'll abide by this rule.

I'll be writing this using the history-book style. My first goal is to survive (easier said than done), and my second goal is to reassert control over all of China, possibly including the two breakaway regions of Mongolia and Tannu Uriankhai.

Table of Contents:

Introduction:

Chapter 0: Introduction to Modern Chinese History

Chinese Civil War:

North-Western Campaign:

Chapter 1: Recovery
    Chapter 2: Failed Spring Offensive of 1937 - March 5, 1937 to April 16, 1938
    Chapter 3: Spring Offensive of 1938 - May 9, 1938 to October 28, 1938
    Chapter 4: The Encirclements of Winter 1938 - October 28, 1938 to April 5, 1939
    Chapter 5: The End of Xibei San Ma and an Analysis of the Western Campaign - April 6, 1939 to September 3, 1939
    Chapter 5.5: World War II

Eastern Campaign:

Chapter 6: Eastern Expedition, Phase 1 - April 3, 1940 to January 2, 1941
    Chapter 7: Eastern Expedition, Phase 2 - January 12, 1941 to November 14, 1941
    Chapter 8: Eastern Expedition, Phase 3 and Analysis - November 14, 1941 to January 31, 1942

Southern Campaign:

Chapter 9: Phase 1, Crossing the Yellow River - April 4, 1942 to June 10, 1942
    Chapter 10: Phase 2, The March to Nanjing - June 11, 1942 to February 4, 1943
    Chapter 11: Analysis of the Southern Campaign

World War III:

Ending the Chinese Civil War and WWIII Part 1:

Chapter 11.5: World War III
    Chapter 12: The End of the Chinese Civil War - March 28, 1943 to June 9, 1944
    Chapter 13: The Calm Before the Storm - June 10, 1944 to July 2, 1945
    Chapter 14: Overview of the PLA

WWIII Part 2:

Chapter 15: Early Success - July 2, 1945 to October 2, 1945
    Chapter 16: The Commonwealth Counter-Attacks - October 2, 1945 to December 22, 1945
    Chapter 17: The Great Manchurian Pocket - October 31, 1945 to January 2, 1946
    Chapter 18: Tactical Victory - January 2, 1946 to January 24, 1946
    Chapter 19: The March to Pusan; Entering Bengal - January 25, 1946 to April 8, 1946
    Chapter 20: The People's Republic of Korea- April 8, 1946 to May 15, 1946
    Last edited by TheBromgrev; 12-06-2012 at 02:55.
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My AARs:
    Banner of the White Sun - an HPP 1.0 (final HOI3) Nationalist China AAR - DONE
    Teutonic Dreams - an HPP 1.7.3 (mid-SF) Germany AAR - Done
    Jiěfng Zhnzhēng - A Chinese HPP 2.04 (final SF) AAR - Done
    Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan HPP 2.6.71a (mid-FTM) AAR - Last update April 16, 2013 - Abandoned

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update August 22, 2013; reworked the Soviet entry.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

This sounds like a neat idea!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

I wrapped up playing a Nat China in SF recently so I am definately watching this! Subscribed and good luck.
    Changing one's stAARs- A Brazil AAR
    Fan of the Week 7/17/06-7/24/06
    The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. -Benjamin Franklin
    It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. -Winston Churchill
    Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared. -Edward V. Rickenbacker

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

communist china? wow. talk about an undertaking.
    Germany Tutorial, Take Two: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post13243122 or find it in the Major Threads sticky.
    Tutorial AAR in pdf form available on Gamefront, courtesy of Davy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7H...it?usp=sharing
    Honoured by USKnight for the above tutorial here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14404907
    Current EU IV AAR: La Douce France http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post17163635 Completed!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Excellent! Really looking forward to this!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

This one looks like a real challenge. Best of luck!

Hearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Can't wait to see this get going. After reading and really enjoying your Nationalist China AAR (H.P.P. 1.0, what a long time ago...), it will certainly be interesting to see how this one develops.

I'll definitely follow this!
    Seed of the Magyar -- Hungarian A.A.R. Completed

Very Well, Alone! A British H.P.P. Semper Fi A.A.R

'Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth lasts for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour!' Churchill, 18th June 1940

Support freedom, oppose al-Assad.

Captain

In HPP it is possible to take out and control Nationalist China(I have succeded) with ComChi,but it is not easy and it will require some encirclements against the nationalists and you have to win this one fast before Japs take most of Nationalist China!

I always find it easier to take out Xibei San Ma first

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II

Thanks for the feedback! To clarify my country choice, I made a thread in the HPP forum asking for people to vote on what country I should play as for my HPP Semper Fi AAR, and the PRC got the most votes. I've only played through as the communists once and lost to the RoC when I restarted hostilities. One thing I'm unsure of is whether to make peace with the KMT or not.

If I make peace, then I can build up for the conflict with Japan, and can take out Menjiang and Manchukuo while the Japanese are busy with the RoC. However, that strategy is risky, because there's a good chance the RoC will have problems against Japan. If I don't make peace during the Xi'an Incident, then I risk weakening the RoC too much. Then, there's the matter of the Xinjiang War, which could start a war between the USSR and RoC (bad outcome, as this makes Japan's job easier), and the 2 Japanese/Soviet skirmishes which can also expand into an all-out war (good outcome if I make peace with the RoC). The entire theater is explosive diplomatically, and the difficulty of reuniting China is very much dependent on how "lucky" I am in regards to the border skirmishes, as the RoC AI typically isn't strong enough to beat Japan on its own and requires outside help to win.

Oh, and I haven't forgotten my Threat from the East AAR. I'll be updating that one along with this AAR once my work schedule clears up, which should happen in about 2 weeks. I may post a gameplay update before then if I have time, but updates will be slow for the next two weeks then pick up afterward.
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My AARs:
    Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan HPP 2.6.71a (mid-FTM) AAR - Last update April 16, 2013 - Abandoned

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update August 22, 2013; reworked the Soviet entry.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by misterbean View Post
    communist china? wow. talk about an undertaking.
    Indeed - Bromgrev allowed himself to be voted into an AAR with PRC...

Good luck! (Good house rules).

Hi, as a speaker of mandarin, I figure I would tell you that "war of liberation" would more likely be 自由战争 with the Pinyin being: Zyu zhnzhēng. I am looking forward to your aar
    "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

"Whosoever desires constant success must change his conduct with the times."

another reader fo u!
    "Never has so much been surrendered by so many to so few"
    -British opinion of the Italian army in North Africa during WW2

hmm, the world revolution is moving closer, the free world better support the real Chinese Government.

Captain

The best way that I have found is to not DoW on the Japanese and cut the Japs way from National Chinese lands to keep them from advancing further south on the Nationalists(while hoping that Japanese wouldnt make any amphibious attacks).

This isnt easy and there are probably more diffrent ways to do this,good luck

Quote Originally Posted by nightraid3r View Post
    Hi, as a speaker of mandarin, I figure I would tell you that "war of liberation" would more likely be 自由战争 with the Pinyin being: Zyu zhnzhēng. I am looking forward to your aar
    Zyu I think means "Freedom", while Jiěfng I think means "Liberation". I used Jiěfng because I had seen on several non-Wikipedia sites online that the PRC refers to the Chinese Civil War as 解放战争 (Jiěfng Zhnzhēng),

My AARs:

Just a question: how are you going to win the civil war with your armies under auto-control if the AI can't do anything against a former ally (assuming you're going to for a unified front, that is)?

Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to the AAR. Last time I tried I allied with the USA (!) to beat the Japs, but then they dragged me into a war against Russia (!!) after the whole of China was, um, liberated...

Good luck!

That's a very good question, and I didn't think about that bug when I wrote up the house rules. I'll make a modification to that rule, thanks for pointing it out! I haven't actually started the game yet aside from my normal "Day 1 changes", since I don't have any freetime and won't have any for a few weeks due to work. I can still make posts while at work, just won't play the actual game.

My AARs:

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Glasgow, Salmondist Republic of Caledonia
    I've been struggling as the PRC for a while, and I'm looking forward to seeing how a far more skilled player will do it.

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

I voted for RoC, but actually I'm more excited about how this will go, due to the sheer challenges facing PRC.

Bug aside, I always play exactly like house rule 2 (AI at Army Group etc.) and thus strongly prefer AAR's that also do that.

zh nǐ hoyn!
    In the end, all that we are is all that we ever did.

I am the one who outs Comm Cody's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I Micromanage down to Brigade level if necessary, and I never use the AI because it screws everything up.

Anyway Good Luck TheBromgrev, and my China be united under the flag of the PRC!
    Comm Cody on some forums, 2nd_Lt_Cody on others, and Pvt. Adams [29th ID] or 2nd_Lt_Cody on steam.
    I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing!
    Leader of the Victoria III revolt!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast