• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
27: Parliament II

For once the liberals have a good idea.

For once the liberals have a good idea.

But as usual have slept through the debate, hence nobody important hears what they have to say. Business as usual. ;)

Ah yes. Though the days when conservatives and reactionaries dominate politics may be numbered. Which brings us to the third update today...

28: Victory II

Subjects

How many subjects do u have now ?
and whata nice war, haha loved the liberals being the only ones supporting a prolonged war, but i guess a war of containment would be bad :)

Panjab's population shot up from 3.01M to 9.16M, more than tripling it! Unfortunately, both conquests are colonies, and since their bureaucrats aren't a supported culture in Panjab I can't turn them into states anytime soon. That wouldn't be a problem if I had formed India... I was under some misapprehensions about how crowns from the gutter work, concerning whether countries not in your SOI join you or not, but I was more worried about my high infamy. Accepting the crown would place me over the infamy limit. But I'm sure Britain wouldn't accept the loss of any more territory. With its armies in Britain and Canada intact, to say nothing of its fleets, it refused to part with any more colonies, even though I had more than enough warscore. So I lost some prestige due to a wargoal that I didn't accomplish, which neatly balanced out the prestige that I got from the two wargoals that I did accomplish... At least now I have an infamy-free casus belli for my next war (as a GP), as Thandros points out.

Speaking of GPs, I thought you might be interested to see the world rankings. This is from January 1867, two months after the end of the war:

I don't know how Russia failed so hard, but it seems like it went Luddite... That's Kalat in my sphere of influence.

This continues to be fantastic; keep up the good work!

Now you just need to sphere all the Indian Minors while eating up the rest of the Continent from the British. you still have 70 years to do it.It'll be easy to make now you have won the first war.

Great updates, good to see so many in a short time! Nicely done against the British.

Invade Afghanistan?

Nooooo! Reload and accept that crown from the gutter, even if it puts you over the infamy limit! I recommend it heartily, and it is acceptable to do, it's not too gamey... after all, you've already beaten the British Army in the field, Bismarckian diplomacy proves you the ruler over all of India to the minors. Added to that, with other nations the effect of crown from the gutter is debatable, but as India, you receive about 12 or 14 accepted cultures! Everything in India will become accepted for bureaucrats and you can effortlessly turn them into states. Every minor in India (except Kalat, somehow) you sphere will receive the event to join your empire, making it quicker for you to absorb all the little states, and putting you on a broader front for fighting Britain, giving you more brigades and power and whatnot. Everything you can gather right now you have to, because the 2nd time around the Brits will have teched up on their armytechs in response to losing so much land. As an aside, it doesn't matter that they would receive a casus belli on you because you went over the infamy limit: they will be the ones breaking the truce, losing prestige, and it gets you quicker into a war again, so you don't have to wait 5 years. Should China attack, no problem, you can hold them off in the mountains again anyway. No other Great Power will attack as they don't share a border with you.

So to sum up: my advice is to reload and replay, and form India!

Invade Afghanistan?
A perennial recipe for imperial disaster... :p

Nooooo! Reload and accept that crown from the gutter, even if it puts you over the infamy limit! I recommend it heartily, and it is acceptable to do, it's not too gamey... after all, you've already beaten the British Army in the field, Bismarckian diplomacy proves you the ruler over all of India to the minors. Added to that, with other nations the effect of crown from the gutter is debatable, but as India, you receive about 12 or 14 accepted cultures! Everything in India will become accepted for bureaucrats and you can effortlessly turn them into states. Every minor in India (except Kalat, somehow) you sphere will receive the event to join your empire, making it quicker for you to absorb all the little states, and putting you on a broader front for fighting Britain, giving you more brigades and power and whatnot. Everything you can gather right now you have to, because the 2nd time around the Brits will have teched up on their armytechs in response to losing so much land. As an aside, it doesn't matter that they would receive a casus belli on you because you went over the infamy limit: they will be the ones breaking the truce, losing prestige, and it gets you quicker into a war again, so you don't have to wait 5 years. Should China attack, no problem, you can hold them off in the mountains again anyway. No other Great Power will attack as they don't share a border with you.

So to sum up: my advice is to reload and replay, and form India!

I realized all that later, and it really was a mistake not to form India back then, for all the reasons you state. But I stand behind history as it happened, and will only take the crown from the gutter if the opportunity arises again (which is more than likely, seeing as the Indian minors are constantly in revolutions and there's no British military presence to help put them down). Besides, this presents the comic with some much needed character conflict. ;)

@Thandros, Brian Roastbeef, Sakura_F: It's approximately 70 years, technically 69 after the screenshot with the GPs, more technically 69 years and 46 days after the signing of the peace treaty with Britain, and 100 years in order of magnitude. :p

Thanks Avindian and Malurous! :)

Irregular shape... for Panjab.