• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This political squabbling is proof that the current political parties are merely greedy men seeking to expand their own power. They are so bitterly divided over a simple thing like army appointments. This is unacceptable, as the people of Chile will suffer as long as this squabbling continues. It also shows the horrid amounts of foreign infiltration into Chilean politics. This is unacceptable!

-Esteban Varde, head of the CFL

Foreign infiltration? Excuse me, but what? We are all Chileans, though above all we are all humans.

- General Remedio Hakkihäälenin

Foreign infiltration? Excuse me, but what? We are all Chileans.

You are living proof! Your last name is hardly Chilean. You are one of the foreigners that corrupts true Chilean ideals. You may have become a Chilean citizen because of some bleeding heart politician wanting to get a few more votes, but you are no Chilean.

You are living proof! Your last name is hardly Chilean. You are one of the foreigners that corrupts true Chilean ideals. You may have become a Chilean citizen because of some bleeding heart politician wanting to get a few more votes, but you are no Chilean.

Excuse me?! I have lived my whole life in Chile. I was born here in this land! You are no more a Chilean than me. The only ones more Chilean than any of us would be the native americans who many of you so insist on oppressing.

Excuse me?! I have lived my whole life in Chile. I was born here in this land! You are no more a Chilean than me. The only ones more Chilean than any of us would be the native americans who many of you so insist on oppressing.

Hakkihäälenin is no Hispanic name General. Regardless of whether you were the foul foreigner that came here or your father was, you come to suck the resources the true Chilean people dry, like a parasite! Immigrants steal jobs and space from the first Chileans who came, the true Chileans!

If I had been sent to Argentina there wouldn't have been a disastrous humiliation against the Argentinian reserves. I am surprised the right even managed to win the war, considering how much they feared the big, bad Argentinians.

That's the problem. General Rios didn't want to have 2/3 of the army fighting in Argentina. You didn't have a choice to go Argentina, because the CoS wanted to go against the president.

"And who are those true Chileans, Senor?"

Severiano Miramontes

Those who are ethnically, lingualy, and religiously Chilean. Immigrants, or indeed the sons of immigrants, are merely parasites who feed off the hard work of the Chilean people!

Hakkihäälenin is no Hispanic name General. Regardless of whether you were the foul foreigner that came here or your father was, you come to suck the resources the true Chilean people dry, like a parasite! Immigrants steal jobs and space from the first Chileans who came, the true Chileans!

You are manifestly deluded and blatantly delirious. I propose that you contact the nearest institution for the demented (or Psychiatric hospital if you so will) so as to remedy your current state. I find it impossible to hold an intelligent conversation with you in your current state and will thus refrain from attempting to do so in the future.

Mr. Varde........ are you alright?

Senor Miramontes,

I would very much like to do so. In fact, it is what I have been hoping to do from the very beginning of my term. But THe Supreme Court has tied my hands until this crisis has been resolved. I cannot advance my legislative agenda until the emergency session has been concluded, come what may. I am as vexed by this crisis as you are. My administration has been cast into a shadow from which I fear recovery may be impossible. But rest assured, once this issue is resolved, I will begin my government anew.

Senor Hakkihäälenin,

Curious that you reject my claim and then prove it in the next breath. The disaster at Jujuy was a direct result of the constitutional coup; the Army of the Republic, having been cleaved in half by Rios' insubordination, was defeated by the numerically superior Argentinian force. While this happened, the 'second' Army of the Republic and the Metropolitan Army - neither under my command, but both taking orders from Rios - sat in Santiago and did nothing. Strange that I am criticised for the inactivity of these armies, and not Rios.

Senor Guerrero,

Perhaps you have been too busy in recent days fantasising about dismantling the nation and forming a separatist state, but you display a dismaying lack of knowledge on this issue. Rios has usurped powers far beyond those stipulated in the Chief of Staff Act. This is already fact. The text of the act stresses that army appointments must be made in consensus between the President and the Chief of Staff. The unilateral appointments by Rios were not, and thus are illegal. I was prepared at all times to settle this the traditional way, face-to-face with Rios. But he has not returned to the table ever since he stormed out in a huff. For this, the country was plunged into chaos. Rios was chosen by the Senate - I was chosen by the people. If there is anyone who has annulled the people's vote, it is Rios.

I need not view a mirror to see the hypocrite hiding behind a false image of popular will - I need only look through a window.

- President Charles Maximilien de Conti

Those who are ethnically, lingualy, and religiously Chilean. Immigrants, or indeed the sons of immigrants, are merely parasites who feed off the hard work of the Chilean people!

Senor, I urge you to think hard about what you have said. Immigrants have for the past years provided a fuel for our economy. They have not only proven to be a cheap source of labor, as many of them have adopted our religious practices, language, and even our culture. We are a nation of immigrants Senor, and it is much too late to close our borders to these masses.

---Caitan Crazzio---

Senor, I urge you to think hard about what you have said. Immigrants have for the past years provided a fuel for our economy. They have not only proven to be a cheap source of labor, as many of them have adopted our religious practices, language, and even our culture. We are a nation of immigrants Senor, and it is much too late to close our borders to these masses.

---Caitan Crazzio---

Fueled our economy? Fueled our economy? If by "fueled our economy" you mean "create unemployment" then yes they have "fueled our economy." Truly capitalists like yourself only care about your own profits, not about the suffering of the Chilean people, who loose their jobs because an immigrant will work for a few less coins!

Fueled our economy? Fueled our economy? If by "fueled our economy" you mean "create unemployment" then yes they have "fueled our economy." Truly capitalists like yourself only care about your own profits, not about the suffering of the Chilean people, who loose their jobs because an immigrant will work for a few less coins!

Senor Varde, I find your comments distasteful and fear you should not repeat them, I am sure the speaker of the house will censure you for this. Also Presidente, I was informed by the speaker that you were in command of those two armies and it was up to you to use them or not, so you are incorrect in this statement.

Senor, you are mistaken, the immigrants have been grand for this nation. Perhaps some limits need to be in place, but in general they have helped bring new skills, and unskilled labour, into our glorious nation. And, despite my families long history here, we are Italian, and have no desire to abandon that illustrious heritage.

- Treasury Minister Augusto de Santa Rosa

Senor Hakkihäälenin,

Curious that you reject my claim and then prove it in the next breath. The disaster at Jujuy was a direct result of the constitutional coup; the Army of the Republic, having been cleaved in half by Rios' insubordination, was defeated by the numerically superior Argentinian force. While this happened, the 'second' Army of the Republic and the Metropolitan Army - neither under my command, but both taking orders from Rios - sat in Santiago and did nothing. Strange that I am criticised for the inactivity of these armies, and not Rios.

- President Charles Maximilien de Conti

As others have stated before me, you could very well have issued commands to our armies in regards to the war against Argentina. The fact that you did not is wholly your fault. Placing blame on others will not remedy your faults. In fact, I suggest you remedy that attitude of yours.

Señor Varde, surely you understand that 300 or 400 years ago everyone of us, except Curiñancu, were immigrants to this new world.

I would like to invite members of all or no political parties disturbed by the actions of the De Conti administration and the Rivera administration before that to a conference in Arica to discuss a strategy for a democratic reversal of the authoritarian right's recent gains come the next election. By laying the groundwork of a great alliance now we can win the race. Even though I am convinced in my heart that De Conti intends to rule Chile by force, it would behoove us to win the next election -as in the fervor of victory Chileans sometimes forget that no man, not even their candidate, deserves to be president for life or otherwise seize unconstitutional power.

Who is in?

That's the problem. General Rios didn't want to have 2/3 of the army fighting in Argentina. You didn't have a choice to go Argentina, because the CoS wanted to go against the president.
No, the reason the "big disgrace" happened was because incompetent leaders were assigned to head the invasion. Not to forget that the president himself wasn't even going to give me an army, because I'm a leftist.

So, due to a military training exercise in the deep Andes I will be out of contact for a while. If I can't make it back to the election I will leave instructions with my staff to make it clear I back the FNT candidate.