• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The world market demand is not high enough, the aristocrats fire farmers and labourers when supply is greater than demand. You can change this by increasing local demand through building factories that use the resource, or decreasing taxes if it is a good used by the population.

How do I get a culture to accepted status? (I tried looking on Paradoxian's vicky2wiki but couldn't find anything.)

In PDM, what do I need to become a GP? I am 8th right now, but I still don't have the GP status.

I'm not sure if PDM does this differently, but in Vanilla you need to wait 6 months before your GP status is officially acknowledged.

In PDM, what do I need to become a GP? I am 8th right now, but I still don't have the GP status.

Have not played PDM, but in normal games you have to have >1 state and wait six months upon being eighth.

How can I encourage birthrates in certain territories? I want to play a game as Australia but it isn't till close to end game that they get a population high enough to be playable.

You can't. The best way is to pass healthcare reforms, which increases pop growth. But if you want more people, immigration is the way to go.

Is it possible if we have Switzerland sphered for when we form the German Empire the Swiss joining me? I know it's possible for Luxemburg and Austria (though I can't seem to make Austria drop from being a greater power)

Also any tips to industrialize? I am in 4th place and my industrialization is lagging behind, I am pretty much let my capitalists do whatever they want and close unprofitable factories

Is it possible if we have Switzerland sphered for when we form the German Empire the Swiss joining me? I know it's possible for Luxemburg and Austria (though I can't seem to make Austria drop from being a greater power)

Also any tips to industrialize? I am in 4th place and my industrialization is lagging behind, I am pretty much let my capitalists do whatever they want and close unprofitable factories

all countries with north or south german as a primary culture, which I'm pretty switzerland is one, so yes.

Sadly, I think they created a "Swiss" culture for Switzerland, but I may be wrong.

Yes, just checked game files for PDM and "Swiss" is the Primary Culture, I'm sure it is the same for the base game also.

Code:
capital = 605
primary_culture = swiss
religion = protestant
government = democracy
plurality = 0.0
nationalvalue = nv_equality
literacy = 0.65
civilized = yes
prestige = 10

from "History --> Countries" in the V2 folder.

Problem for Australia is once you make them their own nation and play as them it does not let you encourage immigration to Australia.

OK A QUESTION

Are there any events, other the the lapse random event, that will help me get the rest of india Anexed as the UK, I have more then half of it anexed through those random events and the rest are Sphered.

Also is there any event that you can trigger (IE not random) that will allow you to get the french territory in india peacefully?

Problem for Australia is once you make them their own nation and play as them it does not let you encourage immigration to Australia.

OK A QUESTION

Are there any events, other the the lapse random event, that will help me get the rest of india Anexed as the UK, I have more then half of it anexed through those random events and the rest are Sphered.

Also is there any event that you can trigger (IE not random) that will allow you to get the french territory in india peacefully?

what does any of that have to do with what you quoted...I'm confused

all countries with north or south german as a primary culture, which I'm pretty switzerland is one, so yes.

As jaxx2009 pointed out, the culture for Switzerland is "Swiss", so they won't going a German empire. Thank god! :)

OK A QUESTION

No to both, the French will hold on to their Madras port until you take it from them, and those tiny satellites remain satellites until either of you has a revolution. Even another GP removing them from your SOI doesn't work.

Ok, so really simple question here.

I've only played a couple hours total, as Belgium, moved up to GP status pretty quick. But now I have no idea how influence works, compared to relations.

So how do you generate influence?

I've only played a couple hours total, as Belgium, moved up to GP status pretty quick. But now I have no idea how influence works, compared to relations.

Go to the diplomacy screen, there you can set influence priority (the three little boxes).

It does not, for I quoted the wrong person it seems, my mistake. I MEANT to quote tamius23

"You can't. The best way is to pass healthcare reforms, which increases pop growth. But if you want more people, immigration is the way to go. "
I had thought it might have been that, but I wanted to be sure. As I'm to understand immigration has been balanced out with the last beta patch, so you don't HAVE to be in the Americas to get any immigration.

Go to the diplomacy screen, there you can set influence priority (the three little boxes).

To add a little tip that may or may not be immediately obvious: try left- and right-clicking the boxes to increase/decrease the priority. Saves me lots of clicks each game! :)

Is there a ballpark figure for the the release date of House Divided? Q Something Year?