• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yankees are in German's side?

Oh yes. The gist of the timeline is that the British and French propped up the Confederacy, and so the Union turned towards the only power that would help the U.S. against them.

Okay, I have finished deploying units. The US has 60 divisions versus 20 Canadian divisions, 27 Canadian divisions, and a few Mexican divisions. (There's a BEF in Canada at the start). This is not counting garrisons on the west for either side.

screensave13.png

NEEDS MAWR WORK.

So I tweaked the units, gave the CSA and Canada some fortifications, and here's how it looks now, at the end of 1916:

screensave24.png

Canada's fallen, but the CSA is going strong. Anyone want to alpha test this weekend?

I would love to but I've got no access to my PC (only laptop) right now. But it looks nice so far. :)

BTW, does Canada have more victory provinces so the US can't just annex them by occupying three or so provinces? If that doesn't help, lowering infra in some Canadian provinces might (unless that backfires on Canada).

The problem with moving Canada's VPs is... move them to where? Canada in the book did fold once it lost Toronto, Winnipeg, Vancouver, and Ottowa.

Just some suggestions for nations combat wise:

USA:
-More divisions, less well trained.
-Mass charge fighting style.
-Mostly infantry and calvary, barrels (tanks) more prominent near the end of the war.
-Aggressive tactics.
-Big honking navy consisting of mostly of battleships and destroyers.

CSA:
-Better trained, fewer in number.
-Defensive tactics.
-Alot of artillery, I can't remember how many times the phrase "fast firing, three inch confederate copies of french artillery pieces" or some variation of that was mentioned in the books.
-Big use of submarines.
-Defensive bonus/fortifications perhaps? Due to the tactics of both nations.

Marxist Rebels:
-Congaree and Black Belt people's republics become small countries
-Chain of events, maybe starting with trouble in the military, then unrest and minor sabotage in industry, then the full blown rebellion.
-Continue to be a pain in the neck even after the republics are crushed.

Mormons:
-Very much the same as the Marxists with a nation color and location swap.

Canada:
-Plays similar to the CSA (although mostly infantry, perhaps even more well trained), although should maybe have an event where they receive British expeditionary units due to the close relationship between both countries.

If you like these, I'm sure I can think of more.

BTW: Sweet idea, I've been wanting to play a Timeline-191 great war game for a while now.

Congrats Faeelin, this looks like it is coming along nicely. If you have any questions please do drop me a line.

To all the other TL-191 fans. The author of the original HOI2/DD/ARMA Settling Accounts mod (thats me btw) is currently working on a new version of the mod for Iron Cross and its superior North American map. Its a huge amount of work but Im chipping away slowly. Im also toying with the idea of doing a HOI3 version (when they finally stop brining out beta patches every 3 weeks and finally get to a relatively bug-free state...not holding my breath here...) Please get in touch if you have questions/comments etc.

Apologies for the thread highjack.

Congrats Faeelin, this looks like it is coming along nicely. If you have any questions please do drop me a line.

To all the other TL-191 fans. The author of the original HOI2/DD/ARMA Settling Accounts mod (thats me btw) is currently working on a new version of the mod for Iron Cross and its superior North American map. Its a huge amount of work but Im chipping away slowly. Im also toying with the idea of doing a HOI3 version (when they finally stop brining out beta patches every 3 weeks and finally get to a relatively bug-free state...not holding my breath here...) Please get in touch if you have questions/comments etc.

Apologies for the thread highjack.

Good to hear. :)
I have an alpha version of a Iron Cross version too, but since I'm abroad for half a year now, I will have next to no time to work on that.

The problem with moving Canada's VPs is... move them to where? Canada in the book did fold once it lost Toronto, Winnipeg, Vancouver, and Ottowa.

Actually they folded when the USA had captured Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City. Ottawa and Vancouver remained (tenously by the end) in Canadian hands until the war was over.

To help Canada, I'd reccomend giving them expedtionary forces which the British, Australians and New Zealanders all have the option to send (losing manpower at the same time).

Why not just make the British and Commonwealth AIs bring in the expeditionary forces the fair way? They are in the war, right? That way the US navy will actually have a stab at trying to prevent their arrival.

Why would France and the Uk support slave owners in the South. This timeline seems a little wierd. Not saying its not possible but wasnt England one of the first main nations to ban slavery?

Not saying its not possible but wasnt England one of the first main nations to ban slavery?
Realpolitik stands above ideology.
Historically Uk & France were quite strongly pro-Confederate and were deterred from intervention to a large extent by the pro-Union stance of Russia of all countries and the fear of war with the US and Russia at the same time.

Historically, they were wary of helping either side, hoping not to seek a reproach from the victor if they helped the "wrong" side.

You have to remember that America was a world power, and on the approach of becoming the world's largest economy (yes, even during war).

Okay guys, can I get some advice? I'd like to make it plausible for the USA to get to the Sandwich Islands and take them from the UK, but I can't get the US to reach it given the short naval range of WW1 units. Is there an event that will let the US increase naval range? Should I make it fall by event? Thoughts in general?