• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will accept this deal under condition that I eventually am allowed by the party to run for President. If not, you've got yourself a Democrat here.

Sure, This Election I figured that among the party cadre Khur was the only one who hadn't been on a ticket so he deserved a shot, and since you had run but only as vice president I thought you could do so again. I'll sit out this one, maybe I'll go supress some Commanche ((Requests to BBB)) or Fight in the Mexican Campaign. Next Election if we grow some more we may have to hold a real primary to figure out whos going to be president for our party.

((Also considering his Notable Prescence in the war and the fact that he is a northerner Khur can garner more support in the North Than Either of Us))

I will be perfectly happy to campaign for the ticket while the war with Mexico is on going. Hopefully the SNP will gain more support this time to see that this is not a radical party of fire-eaters, yet a sensible party, I hope by the next election a real primary will take place, alongside a Party President election.

It's settled then, I wish you both luck with campaigning and fighting Commanches. It is now time for me to return to the front and keep pushing farther into Santa Anna's domain.

The Oregon Militia has begun raids throughout the entire north of California. Over the last year as many as 24 people where killed in Mexican raids and 7 homesteads burned to the ground.
God has blessed us these last weeks and has granted us the ability to send no less than 47 Mexicans to damnation. God's plans for a coast to coast American union shall not be denied or thwarted.
In California, Nevada and Utah carry out god's will.

Long Live the USA!

The Oregon Militia has begun raids throughout the entire north of California. Over the last year as many as 24 people where killed in Mexican raids and 7 homesteads burned to the ground.
God has blessed us these last weeks and has granted us the ability to send no less than 47 Mexicans to damnation. God's plans for a coast to coast American union shall not be denied or thwarted.
In California, Nevada and Utah carry out god's will.

Long Live the USA!

Ah, Mr Colins. You have the thanks of the United States Military. At this time the armories in Oregon are open for your Militia in use against Mexican forces. The same goes for Militias in all regions now that a state of war exists. The SNM has begun its advance into Mexican held Texas as well.

((Agreed. This needs resolving :rofl:))

((Agreed. This needs resolving :rofl:))

I assume you mean the question of Santa Anna and his beans.

On another note, running Mr. Walsh?

General Khur sir, I thank you for the opening of the armouries and it is nice to see the power invested in the federal government by the Millita Act being used effectively. However the style of warfare in the hills and forests of northern California is unsuited to cannon, we shall instead garrission them in the main towns we have liberated along with small standing garrisons. I wish you luck in the further south theatres. And happy hunting

((It is a known fact that Santa Anna loves beans. General Houston and Davy Crockett both attested to this in the move Bean-eating Bastards made in 2010 by Quintin Tarrintino...no wait...)

I assume you mean the question of Santa Anna and his beans.

On another note, running Mr. Walsh?

On that note, I would like to officially announce that I intend to run for the Democratic nomination for the president of the United States. I back President Cameron's policies against the bean-eating Santa Anna, and my economic policy would be thus: To build a fabric factory in each cotton-producing state, once these are off the groung, build regular clothes factories to absorb the exported fabric, then, once they're off the ground, build Luxury Clothes factory to absorb exported regular clothes. Subsidizing should be limited to cases where there is no place for the workers to go if the factory shuts down, and even then should be a temporary measure while a 'cotton' factory is built (the factory should be a fabric if there is exported cotton for the inputs of the factory, a regular clothes if there is insufficent cotton but enough fabric, etc for luxury clothes).

Excellent. Now all parties have at least one candidate.

Okay, some of you may know my habit of A Little Something Extra. Well, in the Presidents, I want it to be you. Write short stories, or even big ones, and I'll link them to the first post.

Template:
Title of Story (If it's an excerpt from a supposed larger work, write that) and author (Not you, but either your character of a fictional author.

Body of text.

Optional extra info, such as the year in which the book was published, and/or the author's eventual fate

Writing is of course, optional. I am not press-ganging anybody into becoming an author.

((The Banner of Freedom Speech, I must say I like the ring of that. I'm sure I'll get round to doing a story at some point.))

Does it have to be about anything in particular?

Also, Mr McAttack do you have any intentions of running?

Does it have to be about anything in particular?

Not really. It can be about anything, from slavery to beans. It's just appreciated if the story is not set in the future (i.e. Since the AAR's currently at 1844, make the setting 1844 or earlier, not 1893).

K, how many Word pages? I'll just borrow some of my big brother's work (wants to be an author when he's older).

K, how many Word pages? I'll just borrow some of my big brother's work (wants to be an author when he's older).

No matter. Just as long as it doesn't break Paradox's servers. :D

The New York Sentinel

Sunday, xx, 1844
EZEKIEL BRASS DEAD AT 68
2j3s8j4.jpg
Born in 1776, the owner-editor of the Sentry passed away last thursday, surrounded by his friends and family at their Long Island home.​

Tuesday (2 weeks later), 1844
NEW YORK CONGRESSMAN JEREMIAH BRASS (W) ANNOUNCES DARK-HORSE CANDIDACY​
35lt5cg.jpg

Brass, 46
Showing up behind the main pack of candidates for the three major parties, Brass cites intent to stand up for his father's legacy against what he calls the "National Unionists", exemplified by President Cameron, who he feels does not belong in the Whig party.

Yessir.