• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(( I am the first President who was not elected to President or VP, take that Gerald Ford:D))

It was quite the chain of events that got you the Oval Office. If he wasn't the most Southern of Southerners, Davis would currently be president.

Also, Projekt, I don't think you can control the AI by posting. :)

((Gloa what chapters do you have planned?))
I don't have any planned, and whatever more I might write could just go anywhere basically (so no chapter number reservations of any sort).

((is Vallejo eligible to be VP? if so I would like to nominate him for VP to be confirmed by the Senate))
VP needs the same requirements as President. "Natural born citizen"

You'd have to ask the Supreme Court, probably - that is, ask BBB. The Constitution was pretty sketchy as to what "natural born" meant, and so there are different interpretations - and it was less set in stone back then. In modern times, its been interpreted that people have to be born on U.S. soil (and technically he was born on territory that is now part of the U.S. - it just wasn't U.S. when he was born). He was born in what is now the U.S., was a U.S. citizen almost immediately after the Mexican-American war, etc. so by some interpretations he'd be fine.

It was quite the chain of events that got you the Oval Office. If he wasn't the most Southern of Southerners, Davis would currently be president.

Also, Projekt, I don't think you can control the AI by posting. :)

Worth a Try. Besides I deleted it since Northern Politicians should not be Privy to Southern Military Plans. It was more of a one-upmanship war in issueing wartime orders. The CSA is quite commited to this war, were mobilizing every resource even if we must devastate the Southern Economy.

I don't have any planned, and whatever more I might write could just go anywhere basically (so no chapter number reservations of any sort).

You'd have to ask the Supreme Court, probably - that is, ask BBB. The Constitution was pretty sketchy as to what "natural born" meant, and so there are different interpretations - and it was less set in stone back then. In modern times, its been interpreted that people have to be born on U.S. soil (and technically he was born on territory that is now part of the U.S. - it just wasn't U.S. when he was born). He was born in what is now the U.S., was a U.S. citizen almost immediately after the Mexican-American war, etc. so by some interpretations he'd be fine.

I appeal to BBB for a ruling. If permitted, I nominate Secretary Vallejo for VP.

I keep forgetting to notify you that the Rio Grande's transfer to the US granted the same type of citizenship to people living there as independence granted to those in the 13 Colonies. Vallejo and all his neighbors, in the eyes of the law, were born in the United States of America.

I do agree with you Mr. Brass, politics and leading the nation can be decided after the war, behind President Williams! re-incorporate the south, but we MUST liberate the oppressed minorities...As well as the oppressed workers of their cotton industry. I continue to push for Total War into the southern states, as to stop the tyranny that the Confederate government enforces amongst their citizens!

I do agree with you Rogov, politics and leading the nation can be decided after the war, behind President Williams! re-incorporate the south, but we MUST liberate the oppressed minorities...As well as the oppressed workers of their cotton industry. I continue to push for Total War into the southern states, as to stop the tyranny that the Confederate government enforces amongst their citizens!

Except the Peoples of African Descent are not Citizens of the Southern Republic. Not to mention they will recieve freedom for fighting to save the south. And the Workers after COMP1856 live signifigantly better than the irish in the north. Look not for weeds in your neigbors yard lest they gain purchase in your own. The Southern Republic is just as Democratic to its own Citizens as the Yankee State is to its.

Last edited:
I do agree with you Mr. Brass, politics and leading the nation can be decided after the war, behind President Williams! re-incorporate the south, but we MUST liberate the oppressed minorities...As well as the oppressed workers of their cotton industry. I continue to push for Total War into the southern states, as to stop the tyranny that the Confederate government enforces amongst their citizens!

We must not adopt a total war policy against the South Mr President. Do not read the flames of radicalism.

While I agree their are major problems within the union, the barbaric act of slavery is beyond the horrors that any working class has had to endure. You claim those African American's that fight for you will gain freedom, but governments have made promises to their minorities before that they've failed to keep. And they've failed almost every time. Why should you be any different? Especially when those free'd are lynched, or forced to live in total isolation. While their is racism in the North and West, it is not nearly on the same scale as you in the south implement it!

(I cant believe I missed the big event.) Cough, I mean I, Benjamin Bachman, was attending my dear mentor's, John Fender's, funeral.

Bachman:

{Born in 1825 to wealthy Jewish German immigrants in New York, Bachmann became a hard-lined Laissex Faire economist and small government politician. Bachmann became rather wealthy early in life in the jewelery business, and became a young New York representative in 1850, and after the unfortunate death of John Fender, was voted into the New York senate. Bachmann's presence in the senate would perhaps mark a shift in the political leanings of New York. Currently, Bachmann hopes that the ongoing Civil War will be an opportunity to rise high in the United States government

Bachmann is a hardline Unionist and anti-slavery proponent. Bachmann supports free labor, and perhaps more importantly desires the cotton of the South for the investments he has in Northern Textile mills (cough).}

-as Bachmann-: I pledge my support in the Senate to President Williams in all his endeavors to bring this country out of Civil War. Long live the Union! Normally I would support the freedom of nationalist groups, but the United States are just that. One nation, united, of America. One cannot split the atom, one cannot split this country!

(perhaps irrelevant, but just so everyone knows my actual stance and not take my rhetoric seriously, I support any secessionist government and view the confederacy as a viable government in history (as long as slavery would inevitably have been outlawed)).

(I cant believe I missed the big event.) Cough, I mean I, Benjamin Bachman, was attending my dear mentor's, John Fender's, funeral.

Bachman:

{Born in 1825 to wealthy Jewish German immigrants in New York, Bachmann became a hard-lined Laissex Faire economist and small government politician. Bachmann became rather wealthy early in life in the jewelery business, and became a young New York representative in 1850, and after the unfortunate death of John Fender, was voted into the New York senate. Bachmann's presence in the senate would perhaps mark a shift in the political leanings of New York. Currently, Bachmann hopes that the ongoing Civil War will be an opportunity to rise high in the United States government

Bachmann is a hardline Unionist and anti-slavery proponent. Bachmann supports free labor, and perhaps more importantly desires the cotton of the South for the investments he has in Northern Textile mills (cough).}

-as Bachmann-: I pledge my support in the Senate to President Williams in all his endeavors to bring this country out of Civil War. Long live the Union! Normally I would support the freedom of nationalist groups, but the United States are just that. One nation, united, of America. One cannot split the atom, one cannot split this country!

(perhaps irrelevant, but just so everyone knows my actual stance and not take my rhetoric seriously, I support any secessionist government and view the confederacy as a viable government in history (as long as slavery would inevitably have been outlawed)).

Welcome to the Senate. Thank you for your support for the Union.

While I agree their are major problems within the union, the barbaric act of slavery is beyond the horrors that any working class has had to endure. You claim those African American's that fight for you will gain freedom, but governments have made promises to their minorities before that they've failed to keep. And they've failed almost every time. Why should you be any different? Especially when those free'd are lynched, or forced to live in total isolation. While their is racism in the North and West, it is not nearly on the same scale as you in the south implement it!

The "Barbaric Act" of slavery has been diluted to its mildest possible form. There are no more Beating, There are no more auctions, there is a route to freedom. And one advantage of the Slave is he is garunteed food, shelter and employment as opposed to your northern immigrants among which unemployment is rife. I am different because the support of our Negro Populace is essential to maintaining a strong south. Lynchings will be punished by law and do your immigrant communities not live in thier own districts? You may trust me because I will do anything to save the south, even if it decimates our economy.

((On a Out of carachter note I have personal COntrol of the southern military and that has to count for something))

General Order 002
Confederate States of America

Hereby exclaiming the Defense of the Nation should be achieved, by General Order of the Confederate Congress and President of the Confederate States, I do allocate the following;​

1. All Railroads, Telegraph Lines, Canals, and Strategic Waterways are hereby confiscated to the Confederate Government and handed over to the Confederate Military for Military uses and Intent to Save our Nation.
2. [To Amend General Order 001; CSA] Any Slave who wishes to Fight for His Freedom may Enlist with the Confederate Military, but they shall receive no Payment, and all Wages will go toward said Slaves Owner and the Slave Owner will be payed 300 Confederate Paper Dollars. Any family member to the Slave who Enlisted and Fought for the Confederacy shall receive their Freedom as well.
3. Any Aggression against the Slaves and Freedmen of Colour in the South by Citizens or the Military will be Punishable by Law.
4. The Confederate Military shall not engage in Total War against our Northern Neighbors in Warfare, Any items taken from Northern Farms and Cities will be Paid in Full by Confederate Paper Money, all redeemable 2 Years after the Ratification of a Treaty of Peace between the Confederate States and the United States.
5. Any Foreign Currency Held in the Confederate States is now Possession of the Confederate Government to help Manage the Confederate Paper Money.
6. A Confederate Private shall receive Thirteen Confederate Paper Dollars for each Month of Service, if they are a Free Man.
7. The Flag of the Confederate States shall contain a Blue Union Consisting of Thirteen White Stars Arranged in a Circle, with Three Alternating Stripes of Red-White-Red from Top to Bottom.

220px-Seal_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America.png

Last edited:
On the Diplomatic front, I will continue to work to increase relations with the Great Powers such as the UK and France after the tension caused by the orstend declaration. I will continue the policy of increasing American influence in central and South America, as well as in the Pacific. I will work to rally world opinion behind our nation in the fight with the rebels and will let it be known that this is an internal American conflict and foreign interference is not welcome.
God save the Union.

The Ghost of Arthur King here, with one messgae to sya.

7. The Flag of the Confederate States shall contain a Blue Union Consisting of Thirteen White Stars Arranged in a Circle, with Three Alternating Stripes of Red-White-Red from Top to Bottom.

Use the Blood-Stained Banner. The origional flag is quite ugly. :p

Cameron, however happy he was about the victory, was disappointed to find that by siding with Davis, he had lost the North, and with it his home state of New York [1].
On February 5th, Georgia and the two Carolina announced their secession from the Union, and the formation of the Confederate States of America [1].

((Just a little confused as to why Fender had a heart attack. Was this a particularly deadly combination of events to senators?))

I think he did. Now those promises in Welshdude's sig of potential zombies may well come true. :D
Apparently Col. Mandrake didn't just save the president's wife and avenge the assassination of Cameron by killing off the assassin, but he also PREVENTED THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
Mandrake then confirmed the kill with a bullet to the back of the head.

((Rule #4: Double Tap))

I would be pleased to accept the post of Secretary of State for the noble Southern Republic.
May the President rest in Peace. Long live the President.

((Who's in charge of 'The Hundred Miles'? I'd be willing to chip in.))

How about passing some citizenship and immigration reform?

The Banner of Freedom Bill

Section 1: Slavery
- No person shall be henceforth bound in servitude to another in the United States.
- In regions where slavery is practiced, councils will be formed to organize the compensation of former slaveowners and promote the continuation of industry without the practice of slavery. These shall be made immediately in regions not under rebel occupation.
- All slaves belonging to traitors and rebels from the United States are free effective immediately. The army is ordered to aid those which work against the traitors or flee from them.
- All people held in servitude perpetually, and not immediately set free, shall henceforth considered to be held in servitude temporarily for a term until the date that their freedom may be organized.

Section 2: Rebellion
- Individuals and groups complicit with the unlawful secession and the rebellion shall have their property seized and used for the war effort.
- Those who were forced by threat or other means to support the unlawful secession and rebellion shall have their property returned or fully compensated for upon their cooperation with the proper United States government.
- Individuals and groups formerly involved in the rebellion, when order is restored, shall be investigated for treasonous and unlawful crimes, and prosecuted accordingly with property seizure, barring from office, and other punishments.

Section 3: Immigration
- Any immigrant who is able of mind and not a criminal against mankind shall be given the chance to serve the United States in the Army, Navy, and other necessary functions of government in aid against the rebellion.
- Those which serve, upon four years after the beginning of their service, or the end of the war, shall be granted full citizenship of the United States, unless they have served dishonorably or treacherously.
- Native Indians, people of color, and immigrants currently in the Union shall also be given these chances.

Section 4: Citizenship
- An intelligent populace being beneficial for general welfare and good governance, affordable education shall be made available for all citizens of the United States of America, all immigrants in the process of gaining their citizenship, and native Indians.
- Education on occupations and trades shall be given to freed slaves, to promote their healthful transition to paid and free workers benefiting society.
- Agencies promoting Public Safety shall be formed to ensure that citizens shall have access to healthful water and that they are not made unsafe by dangerous business practices in factories or violence against minorities.
- Individuals and organizations shown to be providing unhealthy water, requiring dangerous business practices, or engaging in violence against minorities shall be prosecuted according to the gravity of their actions.

---
I present this bill to the debate of Congress.

I keep forgetting to notify you that the Rio Grande's transfer to the US granted the same type of citizenship to people living there as independence granted to those in the 13 Colonies. Vallejo and all his neighbors, in the eyes of the law, were born in the United States of America.
((Ah, that makes sense.))

Last edited:
Ignacio Vallejo. We cannot possibly pass an abolitionist bill when we need the support of the border states so badly. We must keep the status quo until things look good for Union victory in this war.

Ignacio Vallejo. We cannot possibly pass an abolitionist bill when we need the support of the border states so badly. We must keep the status quo until things look good for Union victory in this war.

My thoughts exactly. Let the war be done with before any such ideas are brought forth before Congress.