• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((No... Let this pass. We would like Western Virginia, Missouri, Delaware and Maryland.))

If we don't do these things now, we will never win the war. Delaying abolition caused this blasted conflict, and if we delay it now and it will never be resolved. Imposing it after the South has surrendered would only cause people like yourselves to say that we mustn't risk inciting new rebellion, and it will get watered down and take an agonizingly long process which will cause that very rebellion, once every generation, and completely alienate the South from the rest of the country.

Given that the loyalist units of the SNM are no longer very relevant, I would like to confer with the other Reconstructionist figures in the Union and see if we might unify our voices to make this statement:

It would help us to accept the bitter pill of Nicholas Khur leading our Union forces if the Vallejo Bill were to be fully endorsed by the Williams Administration.

For the interest of the unity of the loyalist states, we all must make sacrifices. The border states are getting a giant gift in the form of Khur, don't we deserve some compensation in exchange here up North? We're tired of being the whipping boy of the South and Southern-minded higgery-whiggery. There hasn't been an administration, besides my own, that didn't whip us unless you go as far back as the King presidency.

If the Vallejo Bill is not supported by the presidency, then the Reconstructionist Lobby will not support Khur's appointment and - given the corruption of our armed forces by Southern Nationalists - will be forced form our own militia to protect our homes and freedom.

Ignacio Vallejo. We cannot possibly pass an abolitionist bill when we need the support of the border states so badly. We must keep the status quo until things look good for Union victory in this war.
I will add articles to specify that slaves will not be released immediately (anyone want to try to phrase this out?). Government agencies will begin the process of developing and compensating the regions to progress industriously with free and paid workers, and slaves held by in secessionist regions shall be freed.

This is a good time to complete the work of gradual and developing reform in the aspect of slavery. We must also have the support of reformists and progressives in Europe and other places, and by showing our honest and sensible efforts to remove the need of slavery, we may benefit.

I do not suggest that we encourage the immediate destruction of order and industry, but rather that we work to be prepared to develop order and industry further and bring up another independent workforce which can more beneficially develop the society and industry.

((Just an interesting note, the Confederacy already has an Abolition Law in place. All Slaves have to do is sign up for the Military and serve.))

Abolish slavery and see the slave states look to the Confederacy for assurance of keeping their property. Desire and Fear of money will lure them away from Union. We must be patient. if and when victory seems eminent, we can use the majority representative and senate vote of the North to put this country in the right direction.

The hell are we even fighting for, then? If Northerners don't stand for federalism, don't stand for abolitionism, and don't even give a damn about the people and history of the North, what the hell do we stand for? Why do we fight? Why did the Whigs ever stand up on their hind legs against Andrew Jackson, if not for what we can do right here, right now?

If we are going to continue to be a country of wishywashy nobodies, we should just lie down and let the South stand on our necks right now. If we are going to survive the cost this war is going to take, and settle this issue here now and for all eternity, we're going to have to take a stand somewhere. And I'm 60 years old, I can't walk very far. So I'm taking my stand here, on this issue.

Either Khur goes, Abolition Happens, or we form our own NORTHERN national militia.

Who is with me?

Frymonmon: (But it is not really abolition, right? Women and children would assumedly not fight, and according to property laws they are both owned by slave owners and not the husband/ father. Even if whole families were given freedom, there is still no bill outlawing slavery all together)

Brass: I, and most Northerners, support abolition. All I am saying is we need patience. The border states are only in line out of fear of Union intervention. We need to assure those states, for the time being, that their property is their property. (should the need arrive, we can only makes sure to win an important military victory at, i dont know, Antietam, and allow ourselves to free slaves. Or something like that.)

Frymonmon: (But it is not really abolition, right? Women and children would assumedly not fight, and according to property laws they are both owned by slave owners and not the husband/ father. Even if whole families were given freedom, there is still no bill outlawing slavery all together)

((Lemme amend that... the families of the freedmen would be freed. Sure, there is no bill or law outlawing Slavery (It could still happen, logically anything can) there will be a decrease of Slaves. The Slaves themselves can sign up, their owners do not need to. This is the only way to give the South a big Manpower Source, and to fight for the cause of Freedom.))

I strongly wish to know why I am opposed by my fellow Northerners? I am from Ohio and have never considered myself a Southerner. I have never taken a slaved man into my service and have never wished to take one. My entire political career has been to bring about a gradual form of abolition to prevent this war we now find ourselves in, and I am slandard for my actions. So I once again ask why I am such a hard choice to lead our forces against the rebels? I have had to turn against my best friends down in the rebel "government" in order to keep my oath to the Constitution. There has so far been nothing stopping the formation of a Northern NAtional Militia, and I for one would have supported the formation of one. And as for my nomination as Commander of our forces, Congress has no say in it, our Commander-in-Chief has say over who will lead, he does not need your support to chose who leads and who does not. I see within this so called "Reconstruction Lobby" the true corruption of this world, and the attempt to undermine everything President Cameron, god rest his soul, has achieved his past terms.

I happen to think Khur is a great choice for the lead general in this war. He can help keep the border states in line and prove the rebels are just rebels.

Support with Brass! Those demands should be met, along with other social issues that will be advocated for after this war is at its end!

When the war is over, we could use a military man like you in the People's Guard - to ensure the mistakes of the past never happen again, and that the Guard is kept in safe hands. Lord knows I'm already too old to stand around in a uniform, I can't take a very active role except as a financier and organizer. But in the post-war landscape, the Guard will need leadership from men like yourself.

Your old support, Khur, for the SNP I would imagine shows your respect for that part of the nation, and might warm the border states to you. Assure the border states, if you would, that the war is not against the South, but of the secessionist rebels.

So the man who had first proposed that all militias be disbanded and all their resposibility be turned over to the Federal Army is now forming his own militia. If the SNM is to be disbanded after the war, and its current loyal elements not rewarded for their loyalty, I will see to it that the so called "People's Guard" be dragged through the gutter and be made illegal throughout the nation.

I've been at war with the Southern National Militia for years and years. You are just a continuation of that, and you haven't managed to destroy me yet. In your hands the entire Union army would just become an extension of the SNM.

((...Sure, there is no bill or law outlawing Slavery (It could still happen, logically anything can...))
((Reminds me of before patching, when CSA used to spawn with so much militancy it would outlaw slavery immediately.))

I will gladly take this position in the People's Guard, as long as the political views I hold are in check with the party. I, myself, am a staunch Vinogradist, and will do all I can to make sure the People's Guard is able to protect every worker on this great continent. ((Marxist...if we're at that point, if not disregard my statement about that.))

Citizens of the Confederacy,

Here, today, we stand as a force, Unified as One against the Oppression forced upon us by the North. I would like every Confederate Man and Woman to reflect upon the information we have ourselves today. Currently, the Confederate States are mobilizing our forces to try beat back this Yankee invader. They are still fractured against themselves. I ask of you, today, Citizens of the Southern Republic, who more aptly shows the Spirit of our Founding Fathers? We stand today, a New Nation, fighting an overwhelming force for our Freedom. The South and the North have had regional differences for a long time, much as the United States of old had differences with the British Crown. There is nothing different in these two situations. While the United States is quick to declare this secession illegal, they are a walking hypocrisy, They themselves seceded from the British Crown all those years ago. What was once good for them, is bad when it is tried against them? What type of Government is that?

Now, people of the Confederate States, we look forward to holding together our Nation. We created this glorious nation not out of reason of bondage, the South has already accepted a gradual plan for abolition. We here in the Confederate States feel that we are, and ought to have, our own Government which looks after our interests. For too long have the needs of the Agrarian Farmers of the South been ignored. For too long have the Rich Men of New York been appeased with High Tariffs.

We the People of the Confederate States, fight for our Rights. We Fight for our Freedoms. We support the Right of the Man to own his own plot of land, to give it tender care and to reap the benefits of his hard labour. Our People wish to be Free and Prosperous. We seek no quarrels with the Northern States, for simply, We the People of the Confederate States as one thing.

All we ask is to be left alone.

God Save the Confederate States!
President J. Davis