• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hi all,

my question is for the supplies.

how to improve my supplies for my armies?

in june 43, with the red army i have the half that it has not supplies.

kinds regards
wstein

anyway to change a Reserve unit to a Regular unit, without mobilizing? I accidentally made some Garrison Units and MP's reserves.

No. But Garrisons and Military police as reserves is fine. At least MPs shouldnt suffer much casualties, so the increased repair cost should be negliable (sp?) for those...

I apologize if I am missing something extremely obvious, but I am very confused about navy detection/spotting. In Semper Fi, as Germany when I move a few destroyers on patrol the fog of war in sea provinces is not lifted for many days. Oddly, when I alt-tabbed the game, the map seemed to do some sort of reset and all four of the provinces the destroyers were patrolling had their fog of war lifted (yes, including those that the destroyer was not occupying and had vacated days ago).

Is this normal? I did not think it was because an alt-tab prompted the change. I searched other forums and could find nothing on this, so I figured maybe it was not a glitch. How do I get the fog of war lifted immediately upon entering a sea province? Or is this just not possible and I am too accustomed to many conventional, simplistic RTSs?

Thanks in advance.

I *think* the engine doesnt update everything quite as promptly as it maybe should. And i *feel* this has gotten worse with FtM (and might contribute to its very much reduced lag). A couple of things i found not to be updated promptly: attack arrows, units being marked as being attacked when that was hours ago, FOW after surrenders. Also the alerts for production and deployment usually take a couple of seconds (1-2) to pop up, after a new day has dawned (but that really doesnt matter). Also, i have seen units´ counters disappear from the map again (as in some ancient version, where basically all enemy counters where invisible) - rarely, but it does happen. And while i am at it: Witnessed a stuck-in-mid-air-for-months plane, too (once).

What is the difference between the aggressiveness settings (Aggressive, Deffensive, Passive) for naval missions and air missions? This is mostly pertaining to submarines and the convoy raiding missions, as that is the mission that i usually just set them to, then forget about and let them do their thing.

Does anyone knows if there is a way to auto stop time when an opponent starts moving against one of your regions rather than when he captures it?
You can pause when attacked. Since attack = move, this is essentially what you are requesting.
hi all,

my question is for the supplies.

how to improve my supplies for my armies?

in june 43, with the red army i have the half that it has not supplies.

kinds regards
wstein
Research the supply techs in the industry tab, build infrastructure, use logistics wizard generals in high places, build less armor/mot/mech, choose ministers that help supply production or usage to name a few.
What is the difference between the aggressiveness settings (Aggressive, Deffensive, Passive) for naval missions and air missions? This is mostly pertaining to submarines and the convoy raiding missions, as that is the mission that i usually just set them to, then forget about and let them do their thing.
Threshold for loss of strength and org. before heading back to base to repair. Passive = 75% remaining, Defensive = 50% remaining, Aggressive = 25% remaining (as of FTM).
I'm about to start a game as SU, what are the best land doctrine path for SU ?

Probably the bottom one with human wave, large front and the like.

Paradrop in England

Hi all. I am playing as Germany and plan to invade England with paratroopers. I am wondering how feasible this is? Paratroopers only until Sothern England is taken and then I can ferry troops in. Also I think I have made some mistakes in building way too many transport planes. I will have about 20 by the time the war starts and because of all the IC it takes up my ground army is probably a lot smaller than it otherwise would be. Lastly I have no paratroopers and its already 1939 because I am still researching this tech. So how badly did I screw up?

Hi all. I am playing as Germany and plan to invade England with paratroopers. I am wondering how feasible this is? Paratroopers only until Sothern England is taken and then I can ferry troops in. Also I think I have made some mistakes in building way too many transport planes. I will have about 20 by the time the war starts and because of all the IC it takes up my ground army is probably a lot smaller than it otherwise would be. Lastly I have no paratroopers and its already 1939 because I am still researching this tech. So how badly did I screw up?

You should probably restart. I took over England using 2 Transport Planes and 4 divisions of paratroopers x3. If you have 20 planes and no troops for them then those aircraft are basically useless since they have nothing to drop other than supplies.

Basically drop, take a large port (there are three on the channel coast alone), then move your transports into position and rush them across with armies. A ferry ride for the troops is maybe 5 hours, which isn't enough time for the RN to catch your transports unless they're already there.

@Tsambo who posted "So... I don't know where to ask, so i am doing it here. I am playing a minor (Greece) and i get attacked by a major (Italy). I am not in the Allies when i get attacked (Italy is in the Axis). But after they have conquered half my country they are still "threatening" me too little to be able to join the Allies... Their threat is only about 15, so with my neutrality of about 65, i can't even apply to join... What's this? Why so low threat??? Played with FtM 3.04"

My suggestion is to start your own thread with this as i do not think there is any way to work around this and Paradox needs to know this is happening. Leaving it here will mean it will quickly be buried by new posts and the devs might never see it.

The manual mentions some tech that increases radio range (for HQs), but I've never found it. Did they take it out of the game?

Latest Semper Fi patch.

What is the best way to force Barbarossa? I'm playing as the USA and Germany has not declared as of July 1941. And I also sped up the game and sneak peek advanced to October and they hadn't done anything then either. I do not want to load as Germany and declare, because the AI will screw up everything in my USA. It seems the MR Pact is still in effect, but I don't know if it can be cancelled or what. Nothing in the events or decision files indicate anything.

Also, what is the best way to get the rest of the Axis into the war? Only Germany and Slovakia are at war with the Allies, and Italy is doing nothing. I'll probably declare on Italy myself after Japan has declared on me. How does Torch get enabled? Does Italy take over Vichy North Africa like HOI2?

It's annoying to have to force the AI to do things that it did itself in HOI2. I remember Johan saying that HOI3 would have far more events than all other Paradox games. There's literally like 5 events in the folder.

What does the two digits beneath a division counter mean? Two digits with a "-" between them.

That is a rough estimation of the strength of the unit on attack and defense, respectively. I wouldn't rely on it too much, but it will tell you the difference quite clearly between, say, a starting tech infantry division with no support brigades, and a 1944 tech infantry division with an artillery brigade attached.