• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
again really well presented ... as above, you're making the most of the game events ... and, my current obsession, inventing particularly novel reasons for CBs :cool:

I heartily agree - it's a mark of a good writer when you can take the random events that CK chucks at you ("...someone suggests you go hunting...") and make them interesting for your readers. Well done!

This being CK I had assumed the Three Weddings chapter would mean Robert having three wives with very short life expectancy.

@ Loki100: I too enjoy making up fun causes for CBs. CK is so dull if you just decide to grab a title or something of that sort. Even when I'm not doing an AAR game I like to at least imagine something more interesting going on. Land grabs, if not properly justified, can be terribly boring affairs.

@Enewald: Was I too obvious? ;)

@Iain Wilson: Thank you again, good Sir. Oh, and if you're a footy fan, congrats to MK Dons. Looking good in away matches this year, and they look set to qualify for the promotion playoffs, yeah?

@Afredian: Ah, quick spousal deaths. At risk of sounding like an evil madman, I halfway love it when CK marriages, errrr, fall apart after only a brief period. Hello, marriage duties! I recall one game in which, just for the hell of it, I took to marrying wealthy Byzantine princesses, only to have some sort of terrible disaster fall upon them after a few months, which enabled me to marry their sisters/nieces/cousins etc, and before long I amassed a small fortune.

I hope to have an update posted within 24 hours, pending free time at work.

@Iain Wilson: Thank you again, good Sir. Oh, and if you're a footy fan, congrats to MK Dons. Looking good in away matches this year, and they look set to qualify for the promotion playoffs, yeah?

Ah - you'll have seen from my location that I'm currently in MK. However, I'm not FROM MK - I'm a Glaswegian and therefore my loyalties lie with the glorious and mighty Glasgow Celtic (even more glorious and mighty after the Old Firm Derby on Sunday :D :D :D). However, I do follow the MK Dons (I guess they're my local team while I'm "darn sarf") and I'm quite pleased with their progress.

Are you a fan of the beautiful game?

That I am. I'm a Hibs man myself - and I'll willing give kudos to Celtic for the three nil thrashing of the Huns. Stateside here, though, I follow the Chicago Fire, but it's really not the same. Although Celtic have come over here for summer friendlies a few times, if I recall correctly. I have something of a soft spot for Leyton Orient (who, I must say, had a tremendous showing against the Arse a few days back), so I keep an eye on League One matches.

149bhat.jpg

2qiab6q.jpg

Nice update. It sounds as if that war was concluded quickly and relatively painlessly - are you going to sit back and rebuild now or do you have more conquests on the horizon?

Also, I like the length of the updates. Just enough to get your teeth into, and I would imagine for you just long enough not to be a pain to produce.

That I am. I'm a Hibs man myself - and I'll willing give kudos to Celtic for the three nil thrashing of the Huns. Stateside here, though, I follow the Chicago Fire, but it's really not the same. Although Celtic have come over here for summer friendlies a few times, if I recall correctly. I have something of a soft spot for Leyton Orient (who, I must say, had a tremendous showing against the Arse a few days back), so I keep an eye on League One matches.

Hibs? Good on you! The good side of Edinburgh you mean (although, saying that, you're having a torrid season!). Just stay away from morningSIDEr then - he's a Jambo... (and yeah it was really sweet beating the forces of darkness at the weekend!)

What's the MLS like? Any good?

As for Leyton Orient they had a fab weekend with their cup game against Arsenal - drawing 1-1!
As for the

have to say that so far Lord Robert is staying on the saintly wing of CK rulers. No needless bothering of the local wildlife, no illegitimate kids sired while 'on campaign', no I hate you hunny ... can't last ... can't last

great update btw.

Hibs hah, as a Spuds man I recognise that constant teasing flirtation with success and then normal service resumes.

@ Enewald: No bastards yet. That the King knows of.

@ Iain Wilson: I very much enjoy the size of these updates. It only takes me 20-30 minutes, and they don't feel like a chore to write, like longer ones can sometimes seem. As for the MLS: well, it tries. What I do like, though, is how no one team terribly outclasses another, so the season isn't a foregone conclusion like the Premier League or the SPL, when you know that there are really only two or three teams that have a real chance at winning. I'm a fan of Chicago, which has a predominantly Mexican and Polish fan base, so it's no surprise that the team tends to look to Latin America and Poland for signings. The amount of Hispanic players on the team gives it a different feel than the SPL, that's for sure, but it's not better or worse, per se, just different.

@ Loki100: Heh, Brother Rupert might be...glossing over...some of the more sketchy details of his reign. You can't trust a monk writing in the Res Gestae style! That being said, things will get a little more...saucy.

And Spurs! Well, this season must be a tough one for you. Winning at San Siro, but then losing humiliatingly to Blackpool? At least Redknapp is as delightful as always!

@ All: I hope to have an update posted on Monday, US Central Time. No guarantees, though - it's midterm season, so my schedule is really in flux.

I like the idea of promoting stability by increasing taxes ...

Its a very fashionable idea in the UK at the moment. Lord Robert is clearly ahead of his time.

He needs to be a bit careful letting a physician near his wife though. I think obstetrics then largely consisted of proscribing leeches. No wonder they used to keep men away from births.

Heh, I like the concept for this AAR, just read through to here. In more recent affairs, it seems Lord Robert has earnt himself bragging rights over his fertility. His lineage seems secure, now what further glories can he secure for himself? The Isle of Man may not be the most illustrious conquest, but it is still a conquest. Perhaps he will find his way into Eire?

@ Loki: Brilliant, right? Next thing he'll be spiking education costs in order to pay for obscenely priced weaponry! You say "trident programme", I say crossbows. It doesn't matter. ;)

@ Iain Wilson: Heir and a spare. Catchy! I'm lucky the daughter was named Beatrice. I'm used to playing as Irish counties and duchies, where the names are impossible to spell. As an aside, I'm rather fond of that name, despite it conjuring images of batty old women with ugly dresses and far too large and bright hats.

@ Alfredian: It could also be because watching birthing is, despite all the magic surrounding the emergence of new life into the world, pretty gross.

@ Enewald: I should, but alas, I am totally incompetent in all things related to editing save files, or even viewing them.

@ Saithis: Thanks, glad to have you aboard! He is keeping an eye for an opportunity to expand, but the Anglo-Scottish border was not a very safe place to be, so he can't overextend himself too much.

@ All: I'll have an update posted within 24 hours. And this time, I think I actually will!