• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok well i have 92k in man power. So I guess I'll start going to quantity. Have four armies past 15k in men. I do have another question. Every month I'll make money and then it'll disappear. Like at the beginning of the year I'll get 92 then 78-52-42-30-21. Then that's what it stops at. I can't accumulate money. So I can create more armies. Or more importantly. Get generals.

all right, you get a yearly income, and you then have to live off that. If you lose more money a year then you've most likely got too many soldiers/ships/advisors, for your country to actually handle. Now you can easily work around this, by going to your budget screen and move the bar you see there to the right, (called minting), this will give you inflation though, and this will rack up prices, so don't move it too far to the right :)

Is it normal, that I just cant move my research/stability sliders like i want to? I can change them, but for every little bit i put down, lets say the government slider other sliders go up.

My Problem is that I have like 300 income the year and -20 per month, so I can't really use magistrates, generals, colonists etc.. I think i can deal with it, if I have full control over the sliders, but as I dont have that, its problematic, e.g. i have just already 13% inflation (~1490).

I have EUIII complete on Disk, with a digital copy on GamersGate. I want to buy Heir to the Throne on Steam (curse it's amazing deals). Will HTTT work?

No. In fact, Steam won't even allow you to buy HttT if you don't have Base-NA-IN all from Steam as well.

Three questions from my HTTT Papal game, 1st 2 from this:

My almost neighbor, Bohemia, has a 100% score against Brandenburg - I think it's them (5 provinces) and Hungary (3), occupying all their provinces, yet will not give either peace.

1. Have you seen the AI do this before?
2. Will they auto WP out after some time?

And my 3rd question is this:
As Papal States, I've noticed that I can colonize any coastal province because the "distance" is 0 and the time to colonize is 1 day. Is this a bug? I've colonized 3 provinces, and tried to keep the time frames and distances logical. Is there something I can do to fix this or is it somehow supposed to be this way?

Is it normal, that I just cant move my research/stability sliders like i want to? I can change them, but for every little bit i put down, lets say the government slider other sliders go up.

My Problem is that I have like 300 income the year and -20 per month, so I can't really use magistrates, generals, colonists etc.. I think i can deal with it, if I have full control over the sliders, but as I dont have that, its problematic, e.g. i have just already 13% inflation (~1490).

You can lock sliders down by right clicking on them (I think that's right, I have a Mac, so no right button) so they don't go anywhere. I often lock all but 2 so I can make one go up and the other down.

You can lock sliders down by right clicking on them (I think that's right, I have a Mac, so no right button) so they don't go anywhere. I often lock all but 2 so I can make one go up and the other down.

Yeah, already discovered out that, but is it possible to move just ONE slider? So i can e.g. put down the trade tech slider to zero without any other going up?

Yeah, already discovered out that, but is it possible to move just ONE slider? So i can e.g. put down the trade tech slider to zero without any other going up?
No; money not being spent on research is represented by the treasury slider.

Anyone knows why the emperor doesn't get the +1% prestige bonus for being emperor in addition to the prestige he gets from the members? Is it suppose to be this way? Did they change it and not update wiki?

Is it worth forming HRE with a union country like GB or the Netherlands?
Side note: Unless you're playing a mod that moves the Dutch and Flemish into their own culture group, the Netherlands aren't actually a union. There is at most one culture union per culture group, and the Dutch and Flemish cultures are part of the Germanic culture group, whose culture union is Germany.

On balance, I think that Renovatio Imperii is only worthwhile if you want to do a WC, especially given that a lot of the territory you acquire as a result won't be cored. (Erbkaisertum, on the other hand, is fantastic.)

Last edited: