• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here's one:

Where can I find a copy of the manual? I have the Steam version, and I can find the PDFs with the changes brought around in DW, but I cannot, for the life of me, find the plain ol' EU3 manual. I'd like to read it.

All manuals and several other reference documents such as the Strategy Guide can be found at the EU3-FAQ forum at the top of the page. You'll get access to it if you register a base game, such as EU3, Complete or Chronicles

What is the maximum papal influence a country can have to become excommunicated? (and if you know, can you also tell me in which file I can see/change that?)

Excommunication is based on relations...if your relations with the papal state is over 100 you can't get excommunicated.

If you're over 100 relations with the Pope and/or you've got over 50 Papal Influence, you can't be excommunicated.
Thank you for the helpful answer. Can't believe how stubborn people can be when they're wrong. Utrecht has -200 with the pope but still 51% Influence... that's why it didn't work.

Thank you for the helpful answer. Can't believe how stubborn people can be when they're wrong. Utrecht has -200 with the pope but still 51% Influence... that's why it didn't work.

Yes...you are incredibly stubborn

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Excommunicate <--my proof.

You will not be excommunicated if your relations with the papal state is over a 100. Papal influence has nothing to do with it.

Quoting the wiki might have been the thing to do a year ago, my dear. But now it's become incredibly hard to find a single up to date article in it. Of course I checked the wiki before I posted my question here. But as usual the article is outdated.
Theocracies receive a high bonus to their papal influence and are therefore harder to excommunicate without an abysmally poor relation to the PS or fierce BB. But they're not excluded from excommunication.

Sihulms answer is definitely the correct one. But how did he know that? By game experience or did you get it from the files?

Quoting the wiki might have been the thing to do a year ago, my dear. But now it's become incredibly hard to find a single up to date article in it. Of course I checked the wiki before I posted my question here. But as usual the article is outdated.
Theocracies receive a high bonus to their papal influence and are therefore harder to excommunicate without an abysmally poor relation to the PS or fierce BB. But they're not excluded from excommunication.

Sihulms answer is definitely the correct one. But how did he know that? By game experience or did you get it from the files?

Well, I think if they changed that they would have written it somewhere? Don't you? High papal influence has never protected me from getting excommunicated.

I think they would have written if they had changed the excommunicatability of Theocracies too. I'm pretty sure it was possible to excommunicate them before and so are the other players in my current MP.

Modding (DW) question: If I would like to decrease Global manpower gain from num. of province or Global land forcelimits gain per province per manpower(?) [The idea is to have smaller armies/battles overall in game] , where should I look?

When you hover over your ducat balance on the top of your screen, where it tells you your monthly and yearly income, does that include the money you are making from trade or is that tax only? If not, how does the money it says you are making from trade get to you?