• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
V2_MAP_ENG_1860928_1-1.jpg

They may have taken Southern Secession too seriously. . .

Maybe no so strange, but that is the best AI formed CSA I've ever seem. Not sure how the Mexican concession became slave states as I was playing GB fighting off the 8th Ottoman Reconquest of East Macedonia, The Great North German Gang Bang (Defending NGF not participating) and slapping Russia around for trying to annex Korea. Saw the Independence pop up, scrolled over to take a peak and was amused =)

Sadly had to scrap that game as I did some region editing (split South Carolina of whichever state it was lumped with in vanilla, splitting Nevada-Utah and removing the cores for the British Dominions for a mod)

So is there no chance you could load as the CSA and see thier setup is like? As far as social and political reforms are concerned mostly. But also who's in power and what kind of a government they're under?
I've been trying to play the CSA recently and got really hooked to it so if you could share some info it would be helpful!

P.S. I've never once seen a successful CSA formed by the AI during my games. They always get whooped and re-annexed.

So is there no chance you could load as the CSA and see thier setup is like? As far as social and political reforms are concerned mostly. But also who's in power and what kind of a government they're under?
I've been trying to play the CSA recently and got really hooked to it so if you could share some info it would be helpful!

P.S. I've never once seen a successful CSA formed by the AI during my games. They always get whooped and re-annexed.

The USA won the war, took almost 5 years of back and forth but they eeked out victory. Massive rebels caused Manhattan comune to emerge and the USA never bothered to reconquer them.

Ive seen that exact same thing hapen in one of my games and china took goa goa of portugal but not macao.

They can't take Macao because Uncivs can only use the Place in the Sun CB against Civ countries and Macao is actually a State, not a colony.

Surely it doesn't begin as a state? That would be very odd. Instead, is it the case that Macao, being sparsely populated, reaches the 1% bureaucrat requirement very quickly?

Prett sure it starts as a state in order to prevent China taking it back right away, side-effect is China gets African resources a century or two earlier than OTL.

The solution to the problem is not to let Uncivs use the Place in the Sun CB vs civs. The only place it ever comes up in the game is with China, or another player controlled Unciv. I've never seen any other unciv use it.

The solution to the problem is not to let Uncivs use the Place in the Sun CB vs civs. The only place it ever comes up in the game is with China, or another player controlled Unciv. I've never seen any other unciv use it.

so you want that no unciv should be capable of taking civ territory? - offtopic, I know

Perhaps changes should be made so that uncivs can only use the Acquire State/Place in the Sun Casus Bellis when the state/colony is on the same continent?

Of course, then again, I suppose that wouldn't really solve the problem of China getting provinces in, say, India or Arabia.

Vic China is a bit like EU3 China; it far out classes every other uncivs bar maybe a fully formed India.

Perhaps limiting the Place In the Sun CB to every unciv but China would be a better solution? I know it's a nerf to China specifically, however, it's preferable to buffing Portugal to the point it can do a GB and eat chunks of China.
Code:
		NOT = {
			ai = yes
			tag = CHI
		}
would allow a human playing China to retake Macau, but prevent the AI from setting up shop in Mozambique.

Interestingly enough, I've never seen China try to take Macau back from Iberia, despite Iberia only have a slightly larger army than Spains 1836 one. Seems to be entirely the result of Portugal being Europes Milhouse.

HOW THE HELL!!!!!
The 5th level railroad that will be opened only in a year and a half!! I knew that AI is cheating!

Could it be one of the railroad upgrade events?