• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This happened in my first game of Victoria 2 and I am playing Prussia. I had pretty much run my nation into the ground through mismanagement and had accepted the crown from the gutter, but this is a bit excessive:

November, 1849:
Rebellion1.png
Reaction: looks like the 1848 revolution has come a bit late to Prussia. I have a pathetic military (note for five years before this I had wondered why my armies were out of supplies until earlier that year I realized I had no money allocated to accumulating stockpiles) and after attempting to quell the revolution, I am forced to retreat my armies to allied territory and await the new government.

November, 1864:
Rebellion1.png
Reaction: Looks like revolution never dies in Germany. Oh well, this is what I get for roleplaying a nationalistic and revolutionary state. But this time I have the strength to properly greet this attempt to bring down the rightful German government!

January, 1870:
rebellion3.png
Reaction: Really!? A third nation-wide revolution in three decades? Has my army yet to kill every male not serving in the military putting down these revolutions?

This happened in my first game of Victoria 2 and I am playing Prussia. I had pretty much run my nation into the ground through mismanagement and had accepted the crown from the gutter, but this is a bit excessive:

November, 1849:
Rebellion1.png
Reaction: looks like the 1848 revolution has come a bit late to Prussia. I have a pathetic military (note for five years before this I had wondered why my armies were out of supplies until earlier that year I realized I had no money allocated to accumulating stockpiles) and after attempting to quell the revolution, I am forced to retreat my armies to allied territory and await the new government.

November, 1864:
Rebellion1.png
Reaction: Looks like revolution never dies in Germany. Oh well, this is what I get for roleplaying a nationalistic and revolutionary state. But this time I have the strength to properly greet this attempt to bring down the rightful German government!

January, 1870:
rebellion3.png
Reaction: Really!? A third nation-wide revolution in three decades? Has my army yet to kill every male not serving in the military putting down these revolutions?

you sir are in dire need of a)wiki/manual or b)mods.
choose your poison.

November, 1849:

November, 1864:

January, 1870:

Your people want you to do or to STOP doing something, man. You're not listening to them.

1.) If you don't have chann's fixpack or one of the mods that fix it, then Jacobins will appear even when you have full voting rights (which is a bug). However, that only changes the type of rebels - just expect that in a large nation, you will have a crapload of rebels. The culprit is reform desire: POPs start wanting a reform, but your UH gets split between the ideologies and stops you from granting reforms. Their MIL skyrockets to 10, and voila: an eternally rebellious POP.

What happens when Texas gets the crown in the gutter event from the Manhattan Commune, While the US is still a great power?

V2_131.jpg

That's Kingdom controlled, uhhh, Texas... who they are allied with... and is ranked higher than the Kingdom

What happens when Texas gets the crown in the gutter event from the Manhattan Commune, While the US is still a great power?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/portberry/Victoria%202/V2_131.jpg[/IMG

That's Kingdom controlled, uhhh, Texas... who they are allied with... and is ranked higher than the Kingdom[/QUOTE]

1.2?

That's Kingdom controlled, uhhh, Texas... who they are allied with... and is ranked higher than the Kingdom

Can you explain to me what happened here? what does crown from the gutter do?

Can you explain to me what happened here? what does crown from the gutter do?

Crown from the gutter allows pan-nationalist rebels to offer the crown to a GP monarch of the same culture group. It simulates the proposal in 1848 by German rebels that the King of Prussia unite Germany with a liberal monarchy.

Apparently, in this case, Texas and US switched places as a result of the event, which is really bad since suddenly he has a no primary culture POPs (thus max of 1 NF and screwed mobilization).