+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperium AARlandium Sacrum – Succession Game (Signup and Comments)

200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2

Imperium AARlandium Sacrum – Succession Game (Signup and Comments)

Imperium AARlandium Sacrum – The Holy AARland Empire – Succession Game

Signup and Comment Thread

This game has now begun, but you can still sign up (see below). Read the reports here.

What is this?

This is going to be the sign-up and comment thread for a new type of AAR, based on Iain Wilson’s hugely successful ‘Kingdom of AARland’, and the succession game concept, as featured in the ‘Collage of CAARdinals’.

This idea is due largely to Kaiser Muffin's enthusiasm for a repeat of Wilson's game, and Vesimir's genius in suggesting a succession game, when multiplayer failed to get off the ground. My role has just been modding the starting scenario, and taking over from Vesimir due to his study commitments.

What is AARland?

As in the Kingdom of AARland, every member of the AAR community has the opportunity to feature in this report! Members will be modded into the game to play as counts or dukes, with their own portrait, dynasty and character traits.

What’s a Succession Game?

We take it in turns to play the same game, and each player writes their own AAR chapter. A turn lasts for the reign of one king, and once the king dies, the save game is passed to a new player. What makes this particular succession game fun is that the order of play will be determined by whichever in-game dynasty is elected to be Holy Roman Emperor.

How do I sign up?

All you need to do is submit your character’s first name(s), dynasty name, traits, culture, DNA (check out the DNA maker here) and starting location. Enter a reply in this thread, or send me a PM. You can choose whichever names and traits you wish (though no more than two traits and one education per character, please). Your dynasty name will stay with you, so much sure it's a good one!

Your character will begin at age 15, as will his wife (if he has one at the game start). No-one will have any children, but brothers, parents, etc. will be left in the game if they already exist.

For those of you unfamiliar with the game, this help tool is very, well, helpful.

I’m afraid there won’t be any personalised coats of arms – it would be too time-consuming to move the necessary files for each player’s turn.

If you wish to play the game, you should aim to be represented in one of the duchies on the list (see below), as these are the main candidates for election. The largest duchies are much more likely to be elected. If you want to be represented in-game but can’t take a turn playing, you can still sign up to be a count.

The deadline for signing up for the start of the AAR will be Monday 21st June at 18:00 CET. After that, I will begin playing the first session. Anyone who wishes can still sign up, but you’ll be added in to the game as and when I can.

Where and when are we playing?
    This game will be played in the Holy Roman Empire, or Kingdom of Germany, as it appears in CK. The starting scenario will be 1066. The map below shows you the duchies of the Empire.

Currently signed up to play are:

Lower Lorraine (12) – Vesimir
    Swabia (9) - MorningSIDER
    Saxony (9) – Kaiser Muffin
    Carinthia-Verona (8)
    Bohemia (7) - Johann11
    Bavaria (7) - Morrell8
    Upper Lorraine (6) – Kadvael56
    Provence (5) – Mr Capitalist
    Franconia (3) – AllmyJames (Initial Emperor)
    Thuringia (3) – Rabid Bogling
    Brandenburg (3) - mayorqw
    Austria (3) - Lucius Sejanus
    Meissen (2) – Iain Wilson
    Tyrol (2) - The_Shepherd

The following counties are taken:

Besancon - Murmurandus
    Savoy - Splendid Tuesday
    Holland - FlyingDutchie
    Kleve - Sebeck
    Steirmark - Serek000

Since we've already begun the scenario, the map is not that relevant, but there’s still plenty of room for new players, either dukes or counts.

Some Rules:

- We will be using Crusader Kings Deus Vult, with the 2.1 beta patch.

- If it’s your turn to play, try to post your report quickly, but it’s especially important to keep everyone else updated on your progress. Kings can live for a long time in CK, so it’s understandable if the report takes a while to compile, but don’t leave us in the dark.
    - If you need to be substituted, again, let us know so we can do that ASAP.

- No changing the succession law of the HRE!
    - Be nice to your fellow AARlanders (i.e. don't steal all their land and exile them to the furthest reaches of the Earth)!
    - When it’s your turn to play, you’ll want to give your children some land. But please try to make sure they’re not next in line to succeed you – we want to give everyone a chance to play.
    - Likewise, check the succession order, and try to make sure one of us is next in line. It won’t be the end of the world if an AI takes over, but it would be easier if they didn’t.
    Last edited by AllmyJames; 28-06-2010 at 22:23.
    Extra! Extra! Read All About It! The Star of New Orleans - A V2 AAR for an Independent Louisiana, told in Newspapers!

CK AAR - The Atheling Chronicle - A King Without A Crown
    Follow the descendants of Edgar Atheling as they seek to regain their throne.

Winner of the WritAAR of the week award, 30/11/2009 | 05/07/2010 ~ Character Writer of the Week 09/05/2010 ~ Favourite CK History Book Q1 2010 | Q2 2010 | Q3 2010

Rebellion! Treachery! War! Marriage! And You! It's all in the Imperium AARlandium Sacrum, a CK succession game with a twist! Read it here.
    Favourite CK Gameplay Q2 2010

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

ehm... I don't have CK, but I would like to be featured... how might I sign up?

Rome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shepherd View Post
    ehm... I don't have CK, but I would like to be featured... how might I sign up?
    If you want to be a character but can't play, you'll need to be a count.
    Give me an idea of where you'd like to start out geographically, what your character's name should be, and what cultural group you'd like to belong to.

For appearance, see the DNA maker, above.

For traits, see this link I've just edited in to the help tool.

Each character also has 4 skills - martial, diplomacy, stewardship, intrigue. You can specify a strength in any of these if you would like.

You can provide as much or as little information as you'd like. I can do the rest.
    Extra! Extra! Read All About It! The Star of New Orleans - A V2 AAR for an Independent Louisiana, told in Newspapers!

Winner of the WritAAR of the week award, 30/11/2009 | 05/07/2010 ~ Character Writer of the Week 09/05/2010 ~ Favourite CK History Book Q1 2010 | Q2 2010 | Q3 2010

Rebellion! Treachery! War! Marriage! And You! It's all in the Imperium AARlandium Sacrum, a CK succession game with a twist! Read it here.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I know some of the basics but I cant use the DNA-maker, I don't have the CK files required.
    other than that, I want to be the Count of St. Gallien; Karl von Galien (Creative, I know)
    Culture:Saxon

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Good. Remember to make this a rule "You can't kill other players and you can't alter the succesion. As in, please don't make your son the strongest vassal."
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    † AwAARds †
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

Rome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shepherd View Post
    I know some of the basics but I cant use the DNA-maker, I don't have the CK files required.
    other than that, I want to be the Count of St. Gallien; Karl von Galien (Creative, I know)
    Culture:Saxon
    You're in. I didn't realise that was a problem with the DNA maker. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesimir View Post
    Good. Remember to make this a rule "You can't kill other players and you can't alter the succesion. As in, please don't make your son the strongest vassal."
    Good idea, done.

I have CK, but the DNA maker doesn't work for me. I'd still like to join as a count. I don't want to be bothered with actually doing updates, but if my ruler becomes a Duke, then I will do an update.

I would like to be Fausto di Savoie, count of Savoy/Savoie and Piedmont. A high strength in Intrigue would be nice. And a decent Stewardship score. Intricate Webweaver would be a good education, with the Deceitful, Lustful, Club-Footed, and Reckless traits.

I'd love to participate.
    Can I be in either Austria or Bavaria, whichever inherits later?

Name: Lucius
    Dynasty: Seianos
    Culture: Greek
    Religion: Orthodox
    DNA: 07040102000403
    Skills: Deceitful, Sceptical, Silver Tongue

Back from the dead FlyingDutchie's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

This sounds like a great idea, but unfortunately I lack the time to participate. I would like to join the game as a count if it's possible though.

Willem van Holland-Lotharingen (I know, the least original name a Dutch noble can have ).
    Culture: Dutch
    County: Holland
    Traits: military education, honest, generous, valourous, suspicious
    Last edited by FlyingDutchie; 21-06-2010 at 14:25.
    Current work: The Sons of Castille - a Castille CK 2 AAR, The German Empire during the 2nd Weltkrieg - A Kaiserreich DH AAR

Some old (and sadly abandoned) works:
    The plot against Britain - a Kaiserreich mystery,Reconquista! - the exploits of the House Barcelona ,A Short History of the German Empire
    Assorted trophies: - Fan of the week (4-4-2010) - WritAAR of the week (18-10-2009) - Character writer of the week, (25-10-2009), - Character writer of the week (23-5-2010) - Joined first place AARland choice Favorite Comedy AAR 2009 (Q4) - Character writer of the week (11-4-2010) - Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomenesss

Europa Universalis 3

I would like to put a count in. I would have liked to play this but alas I have other things I have to make time for. Hope I made it under the wire...

Name: Guttrom
    Dynasty: Von Wikinger
    County: Count of Kleve
    Traits: Bastard, Temperate, Just, Mastermind Theologian
    DNA: 03020411140302

Bastard son of unknown Viking raider

Rome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderPrimus View Post
    If my only copy of CK wasn't on my dead computer, I'd totally be all over this. As it, I guess I'll just be looking on.
    That's too bad, especially if it means a setback to your excellent AAR

Quote Originally Posted by SplendidTuesday View Post
    I have CK, but the DNA maker doesn't work for me. I'd still like to join as a count. I don't want to be bothered with actually doing updates, but if my ruler becomes a Duke, then I will do an update.

I would like to be Fausto di Savoie, count of Savoy/Savoie and Piedmont. A high strength in Intrigue would be nice. And a decent Stewardship score. Intricate Webweaver would be a good education, with the Deceitful, Lustful, Club-Footed, and Reckless traits.
    Noted. As Savoy starts with two counties, there's some possibility you could inherit a ways down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Sejanus View Post
    I'd love to participate.
    Can I be in either Austria or Bavaria, whichever inherits later?

Name: Lucius
    Dynasty: Seianos
    Culture: Greek
    Religion: Orthodox
    DNA: 07040102000403
    Skills: Deceitful, Sceptical, Silver Tongue
    Great! You get Austria. Another duchy filled in. If only someone would take Carinthia, Bavaria and Bohemia....

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchie View Post
    This sounds like a great idea, but unfortunately I lack the time to participate. I would like to join the game as a count if it's possible though.

Willem van Holland-Lotharingen (I know, the least original name a Dutch noble can have ).
    Culture: Dutch
    County: Holland
    Traits: military education, honest, generous, valourous, suspicious
    Done. Holland normally begins with 3 counties, but I think I'll cut that down to one if you only wish to play as a humble count.

Quote Originally Posted by sebeck View Post
    I would like to put a count in. I would have liked to play this but alas I have other things I have to make time for. Hope I made it under the wire...

Name: Guttrom
    Dynasty: Von Wikinger
    County: Count of Kleve
    Traits: Bastard, Temperate, Just, Mastermind Theologian
    DNA: 03020411140302

Bastard son of unknown Viking raider
    Okay, no problem. There's going to be some interesting characters here, I can tell...

I'll try and have the first introductory update (in a new thread) tomorrow.

Well, I wouldn't mind receiving all three provinces .

But to be fair, I don't have the time to play an update anytime soon, so being a count of just Holland seems more than fair. Just wanted to be part of the fun .
    Current work: The Sons of Castille - a Castille CK 2 AAR, The German Empire during the 2nd Weltkrieg - A Kaiserreich DH AAR

The plot against Britain - a Kaiserreich mystery,Reconquista! - the exploits of the House Barcelona ,A Short History of the German Empire
    Assorted trophies: - Fan of the week (4-4-2010) - WritAAR of the week (18-10-2009) - Character writer of the week, (25-10-2009), - Character writer of the week (23-5-2010) - Joined first place AARland choice Favorite Comedy AAR 2009 (Q4) - Character writer of the week (11-4-2010) - Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomenesss

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Good, good, this might be fun...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Hey guys! I would like to participate in the succession game as Bavaria!

My Character requests:
    Name: Ben
    Dynasty: Morrell
    Culture: Norman
    Religon: Catholic
    Wife: If possible, could you get me Adelais de Pontieu. My sons get claims on England, if as she is the niece of the King of England.
    Traits: Lustful, Zealous(As all Normans were), Cruel, Silver Tongued.
    Now sure how DNA maker works so if anyone can help me with that it would be great.

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Oh, and I want to be polish. I can't remember if I told you that in the pm.
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    † AwAARds †
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

Patron Saint of Suenik Iain Wilson's Avatar
    Deus VultFor The GloryRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Can't remember what I put but I'd obviously like to be Scottish! Oh, and could I change my dynasty to "Van Der Aarlander" or have you already modded my sorry ass?
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~
    The Sleeper - an EU3 Narrative
    These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State
    Favourite Comedy Victoria AAR: Q1 10 Q2 10 Q3 10 Q4 10 Q1 11 Best Character Writer: 28th Feb 10; 5th Jul 10 WritAAR of the Week: 6th Mar 10
    For AARs past and present please visit my Ink Well

Rome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Morrell8 View Post
    Hey guys! I would like to participate in the succession game as Bavaria!

My Character requests:
    Name: Ben
    Dynasty: Morrell
    Culture: Norman
    Religon: Catholic
    Wife: If possible, could you get me Adelais de Pontieu. My sons get claims on England, if as she is the niece of the King of England.
    Traits: Lustful, Zealous(As all Normans were), Cruel, Silver Tongued.
    Now sure how DNA maker works so if anyone can help me with that it would be great.
    Ah well, deadlines are made to be broken, I suppose. You're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesimir View Post
    Oh, and I want to be polish. I can't remember if I told you that in the pm.
    You didn't, but now you are. Gabriel D'Oraz the Pole it is

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Wilson View Post
    Can't remember what I put but I'd obviously like to be Scottish! Oh, and could I change my dynasty to "Van Der Aarlander" or have you already modded my sorry ass?
    But Iain von Wilson sounded pretty cool! Never mind, all hail Iain van der Aarlander the Scot.

Rome GoldVictoria 2

Howdy everyone. The first update (mostly an introduction) is up. You can find the new thread here.

Remember, read it there, comments in here.

To my liege Gabriel d'Oroz.

Hello Gabby,

I see you hold some nice pieces of what used to be my fathers demesne. Now I know it is your right as Duke to keep those as your own (especially after that horrible incident involving the communique where your lineage was traced back to a courtesan, kind of get that it was a bit insulting.) But can I get them back, pretty please with sugar on top? The wife really wanted to go shopping in Aemstelredamme (Amsterdam) and that city kind of lies where Westfriesland lies. Not taking her there would put a bit of a damper on my whole plans for expanding the dynasty.

Yours sincerely

Willem, first of that name, Van Holland-Lotharingen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast