• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PreXident

Arstotzkan Immigration Officer
93 Badges
Jun 20, 2007
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
Hello all!

My brother and I would like to share a project on what we have been working for several months. Now its still far from completion, but after long development we think we have a preview we can post.

We use beautiful MyMap from EU2 that many of you probably know. We created scenario starting January 1, 1989, religions are ideologies now and resources have been reworked, but there's still a lot of work to be done.

Enough of talking - one image is worth of a million words:
http://img191.imageshack.us/i/previewpolitical.jpg/
http://img121.imageshack.us/i/previewideologies.jpg/
http://img706.imageshack.us/i/previewcultures.jpg/

Istallation is really simple - extract zip into mod directory and pick TFOTW in scenarios selection
NOTE: this version supports probably only FtG 1.1!

Credits
original creators of MyMap
various artists whose graphic we googled and used

Ongoing:
manpower of provinces
shields of countries

TO DO:
relations, aliances, domestic policies
wealth of provinces
flags, units and other graphic
events!!!
map tweaks
names of leaders, armies, navies
overhaul of combat
etc...

We hope you will try our project and enjoy it!
Any feedback is more than welcomed!

EDIT:
Nein reported some problems, so I looked into it and updated the zip to be hopefully compatible with 1.3
Download alpha02 from here

Attachments

• TFOTW_alpha01.zip
    22,7 MB · Views: 1.066
Last edited:
looks great!

Will you add land connections through PTI ?

We are planning to remove PTI in places where countries are missing (eg Namibia or the Cetral African Republic), but it's a distant future. Some connections have been implemented already, mostly in areas where certain countries were split into more pieces, such as Algeria and Chile, the bridges can't be seen right now, but they are there.

For graphic, me and Prinz Wilhelm did a lot of graphic for our Modern Day Mod. They are with Birger's style of hanging flags like the EU3 avatars.

We were thinking about converting civ3 units, but graphic is not our top priority right now, because we need to read many tutorials as only graphic tool we have used is Microsoft Paintbrush, so any help in this area would be welcomed ;)

Ah, this brings back memories; my first experience on these forums was when my brother and I made a mod for EU2. Keep it up! :cool:

Nice idea. Will you add land connections through PTI ? For graphic, me and Prinz Wilhelm did a lot of graphic for our Modern Day Mod. They are with Birger's style of hanging flags like the EU3 avatars.

We did? :eek:o

Nice idea indeed !

I will follow this mod in being with interest. :cool:

Keep up your modding effort, help will come because we are a small community.....
...but of chosen ones :p :D

Nice idea indeed !

I will follow this mod in being with interest. :cool:

Keep up your modding effort, help will come because we are a small community.....
...but of chosen ones :p :D

We will, but work goes slowly, since there's not enough time for all our hobbies and duties.

Great work Prexident! I hope there will be events for Czechoslovakia :)

Sure there will, we are planning a lot of events for Czechoslovakia, but one step at time - sooner or later the events will come :cool:

We will, but work goes slowly, since there's not enough time for all our hobbies and duties.

Yes of course,
This is quite a common problem indeed :)

But as long as you don't have thousand of fans harassing you, your e-mail and PMbox asking for the release of the next patch , map , fix , putwhatheverhere
You can just work at your own pace.... :p

Only remember to come here on regular bases to feed us with news, images, ideas.

Just to keep us alive ! :D

You know I'm becoming MOD-addicted !:rofl:

Best regards

well done!

Thank you!

I think use the map of WATK lite3.0 will better!

This decision was made a long time ago and now it's too late to change the map - it would be too much work. We think that MyMap is almost fully capable to simulate modern world but of course we want to make improvements in long term plans.

Thank you!

This decision was made a long time ago and now it's too late to change the map - it would be too much work. We think that MyMap is almost fully capable to simulate modern world but of course we want to make improvements in long term plans.

I just think that for a modern-day mod,there are so many unknow provinces in mymap……Hoping a modern-day map will come out one day

and I wanna report a problem,the province “Xishuang banna” should belong to PRC but not Lao

Last edited:
I just think that for a modern-day mod,there are so many unknow provinces in mymap……Hoping a modern-day map will come out one day

Most of PTI areas in MyMap are even now still sparsely inhabited, so we propably will enlarge the surrounding provinces to cover these areas and add more provinces to places where some countries are missing (Namibia, Central African Republic), but it will take its time as we have no map modding experience.

and I wanna report a problem,the province “Xishuang banna” should belong to PRC but not Lao

After your report we discussed it and you're right that most of this province belongs to China, but we need to preserve neighbouring countries too and Laos borders with Burma. China has many provinces, so one less doesn't hurt her. Thank you very much for your input indeed! If anyone notices any bug or error, we would be really greatful if he reported it as soon as possible! And we will try to correct it immediately.

This mod is amazing,but does modern sprites will be create?;)

Thank you! We plan to convert civ3 sprites which have really huge database at civfanatics.com but it won't be soon probably because conversion looks a bit complicated.

Thank you!
One little detail - we use MyMap, not WATK, but otherwise it's perfect ;)

Last edited:
(...)

Thank you! We plan to convert civ3 sprites which have really huge database at civfanatics.com but it won't be soon probably because conversion looks a bit complicated.

(...)

Maybe you can use HOI sprites?
I think that with modern sprites this mod can better.
Anyway it's very interesting mod.