• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
just for fun (also to be sure my own prices are up to date) :

how much did P'dox paid for that unfinished website (as per today wenesday 9th december)? Or does it was developped (sic) by P'dox itself (well by the team at least).

Another question : Aren't you affraid (as a member of the sale force) that the poor image given by an unfinished website might eventually reflect poorly that new game?

For those who will feel hurt by my questions; be aware those questions are professional questions asked to another professional; and not at all tauting questions.

It's not like the only thing the website has is a big "under construction" GIF, right? You can find all the pertinent info you need as it is right now. But granted, a website can always be better.

There are some minor parts of the website that are being developed. Mainly the community part. And that's where we come in - Lead and Gold is part of the PI community now.

So keep your eyes on the website and we'll see if we can get EricB's seal of approval. :)

/s

Let me clarify, so as not to upset anyone.

I see this as yet another weak title (in a lengthening line of them) published by what was once my favorite company, to line pockets with quick undeserved cash. The game will sell a few copies, sure. But like HoI3, it will be because nobody knows better. This will be one of those trick titles that you mistakenly buy because you are fooled in the store.
Not only is the developer new and untested, the game and all media support looks like total garbage. QA is, like most recent releases we have observed, likely out the window. Note: this game will be met with mediocre reviews just like the rest of the PI "3rd party titles" of the past year. Instead of attaching their name to this fodder, maybe PI needs to invest in some new developers and designers and make better in-house games.

Let me clarify, so as not to upset anyone.

I see this as yet another weak title (in a lengthening line of them) published by what was once my favorite company, to line pockets with quick undeserved cash. The game will sell a few copies, sure. But like HoI3, it will be because nobody knows better. This will be one of those trick titles that you mistakenly buy because you are fooled in the store.
Not only is the developer new and untested, the game and all media support looks like total garbage. QA is, like most recent releases we have observed, likely out the window. Note: this game will be met with mediocre reviews just like the rest of the PI "3rd party titles" of the past year. Instead of attaching their name to this fodder, maybe PI needs to invest in some new developers and designers and make better in-house games.

how can you possibly know how this game is going to turn out?

Maybe this may be a bit rude. But this looks like a bad Red Dead Redemption clone. And one has to question the publishing strategy, as both games probably will be released in a comparable timeframe.

You totally beat me to it Arstal. This looks like a cheap knock off of Team Fortress. Let's make an engineer who happens to look exactly like the one in TF2 and while we're at it, we'll do the same with the sniper. Isn't PI a little late to this market?

You totally beat me to it Arstal. This looks like a cheap knock off of Team Fortress. Let's make an engineer who happens to look exactly like the one in TF2 and while we're at it, we'll do the same with the sniper. Isn't PI a little late to this market?

I'm not going to call it a ripoff until I see it in action. Way too early to tell, but it will need something other then the setting to differentiate.

Hmm...intriguing.

I see Paradox eventually being bought out by Zenimax so Bethesda can turn Europa Universalis into a FPS. :rofl:

Watching the demo on gamespot, it looks like starwars battlefront. Ill be keeping my eye on this

I haven't played starwars battlefront since the first in the series, but I'd say star wars battlefront is much closer to games like the battlefield series than lead and gold is, though that series could've changed a lot in the last 10 years I guess ^_^

Generally though, I'd say Lead and gold is a lot more up close and personal - western style than at least the original star wars battlefront ever was.

We have put the main effort into the game not into the website. :)

But it will improve for sure if you feel that any specific parts are lacking just let me know and we can look into it.

/Martin

just for fun (also to be sure my own prices are up to date) :

how much did P'dox paid for that unfinished website (as per today wenesday 9th december)? Or does it was developped (sic) by P'dox itself (well by the team at least).

Another question : Aren't you affraid (as a member of the sale force) that the poor image given by an unfinished website might eventually reflect poorly that new game?

For those who will feel hurt by my questions; be aware those questions are professional questions asked to another professional; and not at all tauting questions.