• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This might be a good time to start building infantry, lots of infantry! Wouldn't hurt to try and get some armor too. If things stay quiet for a while, you might be able to add an additional brigade to those "light" divisions of yours, as well as add new divisions. I would start chunking out some arty and at to help out too.

Is Il Duce on drugs or something?:wacko:

Could it be that the Soviets were shuffling around busting your door down when the German's decided to play Keystone Cops with their defensive lineup? Sacrificing Rumania and Yugoslavia was a noble and charitable action on your part helping your brain-dead alliance leader. I bet that is how the German press spun the headlines.

Good update - sad situation.

Perhaps it is a commie/Nazi plot to drive the Duce insane. :)

This really is a shame-Italy had carved out a very nice economic zone for its posterity. Looks like it won't last very long.

Jemisi-no, I didn't have Spain in that game.

Maj. von Mauser: Yeah, it's pretty bad. :D

Jemisi: Yeah, I know. But then, it'd be hoping for too much for the Soviets for them to notice their temporary advantage. :p

Judas Maccabeus: Me too. :D

Forster: Adding brigades to existing divisions is too much micromanagement, I'd rather just build new divisions. And I do have some infantry in the production queue. :p

DanSez: Well my new line in Illyria was set and caught up with by the Soviets by mid-May, and the German upheaval only came in July, so the Soviets were quite clearly just napping. :p

Cpt Crash: It may indeed not last long, but there's still a war to fight before that's absolutely for certain! :D

Beakmiester: That's the spirit! :D

anweRU: Yeah, that's my theory as well. The AI must be thoroughly confused by now. :p

Jemisi: Hehe, that could also be a significant factor. :p

Myth;10875641 [snip said:
Adding brigades to existing divisions is too much micromanagement, I'd rather just build new divisions. And I do have some infantry in the production queue. :p

[snip]

You really don't have that many divisions, and you could limit it to the ones in Europe that really need it. You can build those brigades much faster than a division, I believe.

You really don't have that many divisions, and you could limit it to the ones in Europe that really need it. You can build those brigades much faster than a division, I believe.

I didn't find adding an arty brigade to each of the original OOB 2-INF divisions to be too much of a chore. I built "Divisions" of 4-arty, which were just right for my (reorganised) Corps of 3 by 2-INF plus an HQ Division of HQ+INF. Those Divisions were attached as a 4th Div to the Corps HQ and the guns parcelled out from there. Shouldn't be too much of a nightmare for at least the Illyrian Line.

Are you planning to add any forts to that line, Myth, or do you not think you'll be in place for long enough?

Italy: retreating
Soviets:???
Germany:??? ??? ???
UK: ??? or nothing?
Finland: conquering Sweden?

You game is really awesome. :cool:
This is how history should have looked like... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Catching up, Myth and I must say I'm very impressed and entertained. Too bad the german war machine has been halted and the wrath of the Red Army is upon the Italians. But I loved the opening blows and how promising it seemed.

Now I wonder who will be the leader of the imminent Italian SSR? ;)

VonCurry: Thanks! :D

Forster: Just in Europe, that's most of my entire army. :D

womble: At the moment no forts. Not really worth it. By the time even the first level are done, the situation will probably have changed. :p

Enewald: Haha, you're only saying that because the Finns are doing things in Scandinavia. :p

cthulhu: Hopefully there won't be one! I've still got some tricks up my sleeve for the future that I'll be trying out first. ;)

Update tonight!

WOW!!! :eek: Just....WOW!!! Oh to be a fly on the wall in Il Duce's office while he read the reports of what his erstwhile ally was doing up north. *sigh*

Now, perhaps an update of what's happening overseas in Asia? I'm curious if Japan is doing anything at all.

Enewald: True we only know my aims, but we know what others are doing. And Finland is currently conquering Scandinavia. ;)

Jorath13: Bugger all. Japan's been more worthless than usual. :p

Now I know I said I'd have an update for tonight but after class earlier today I really didn't feel like writing anything, so I didn't. Update will be tomorrow evening. :p

Bugger all. Japan's been more worthless than usual. :p

Weird, in my current Germany game, Japan has been my greatest ally.:rolleyes:

Jemisi: :cool:

Nazaroth: You playing with 1.3? Remember that my game started in 1.1 :p

Update coming up!