• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well at least that warning from Persia clarifies which direction you'll be heading now. It looking like a rather tricky balancing act now between all your neighbours but first priority must be given to the OE, useless advice as I'm sure you're well aware of it anyway but there you go.

It's very convenient of the Ottomans to go for the alliance, but then perhaps they would like an excuse to go after Persia too :)

If you're strong enough to take on Persia by itself you could declare on some landlocked HRE minor to get a 1-front war without any stab loss.

Thanks! Nice to have you here. As you can see I did have to build some transports, but not as quickly as I would have liked :rolleyes:

Only goes to show if I guess often and long enough I'm bound to guess right once in awhile.:D First get a land link to your COT or this rebel siege will be a constantly recurring problem, especially since it looks like you're going to be pushing you WE to the limit again and again...:D Then go play with Persia although you could butter them up and get into an alliance with them. Might be tough to do but...

Joe

as storey says the land connection to alexandria should be your priority, with the warning it could be a tad difficult though, remember: they'll rebel at the most inconvenient moment ;)
maybe grabbing some other island on the med might be a good idea later?

A canal? Preposterous, what purpose would that serve? :rofl:
Says the guy who thought it was good, or at least realistic, to build irrigation in Slovakia of all places... In a mountainous region.

I'd go for Persia first. You'll have to fight them either way, and now would be a good chance to fight them on their own.

With a warning from Persia the answer should be clear - attack Persia then attack the Mamluks - and watch your WE a bit more carefully ;)

Says the guy who thought it was good, or at least realistic, to build irrigation in Slovakia of all places... In a mountainous region.

That...errr....wasn't me! It was Vladjo, I swear! And, BTW, it was in the lowlands...... I CAN'T HELP THE GUY LOVED HOLLAND!!! :rofl:

Hilarious, CSK... :D

rexodia48 - do you mean a bridge? or a root canal on the Mamluk king and his generals, performed with a scimitar? :D

Duke of Wellington - Neighbours... can't they mind their own business?! :rolleyes:

stnylan - true, I want Persia for myself, the Ottos have taken enough already.

Rabid - or Armenia.

enkhuush - absolutely, Persia's warning has to be dealt with first. I can see most of Europe now, Scandinavia just propagated a few years ago.

Enewald - do you mean my skill to leave my troops stranded in isolated provinces? Or my skill to reach 18 WE? :p

Storey - You should open an AAR prediction service; for a fee you can tell the player what's gonna happen next :cool: Before getting Delta from the Mamluks I need to deal with Persia.

demokratickid - I won't be using any of your irrigation advice. And who needs water in the desert anyway, when I got spices and wool and salt? :rofl:

CSK - I wonder why Persia doesn't have any allies, not even in Arabia.

gabor - I think Crete is heavily guaranteed since it rebelled from Venice, but I'll keep checking.

Kami - I agree, subtlety is useless in these cases :D

PrawnStar - I don't understand how I reached such high WE on the second war with the Mamluks. Granted, on the first war attrition was an issue, but on the second one I was very careful with it, all the WE was accrued through casualties in battles :confused:

I've been out all Easter, but hopefully I should be able to play today and post an update tomorrow or Thursday.

aldriq said:
Granted, on the first war attrition was an issue, but on the second one I was very careful with it, all the WE was accrued through casualties in battles

I've been out all Easter, but hopefully I should be able to play today and post an update tomorrow or Thursday.

The WE problem with Easter so close, its obviously the rabbit’s fault.

Nice eye on catching Cyprus and I applaud your island snatching capabilities. Sometimes you make me so proud :D

Are any other island nations available for DoW? Not only could you get a nice island in the process but you could catch Persia in their warning.