• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
cloneof said:
I have allways wondered, why do you people always make 99 orders, isin`t that just a waste of manpower, especially at a time of war?

no, it reduces unit production time/cost due to Slider settings and gearing effect bonuses

Um, I don't know whether my report suits your requirements...... :eek:o

Yekaterina Smirnova said:
Current Status of Aircraft Industry
Although Liberia does not process any military aircraft now, Liberia Aeronautics and Liberian Aeronautic Company do have the ability and resources to develop and build military aircrafts and to form the Liberian Air Force.

Also, both Monrovia and Freetown process air bases built by former colonists. As they are mainly used for air transport, they can be converted to military airbases as well.

The develop direction of Liberian Air Force suggested by Chief of Air Force
Due to the lack of Air Force tradition of Liberian Army, I have recruited technicians and organised them to study the doctrines used by other nations. Although the studies are just started, we believe that the Doctrine of Army Aviation would proof very useful for the military.

Doctrine of Army Aviation, in simplified terms, suggest that the Air Force should serve the purpose of "flying artillery". As its name applies, modified fighters that are capable of delivering bombs towards ground targets, or Close Air Support (CAS), will form the backbone of the Air Force.

Unlike real artilleries, CAS are highly mobile, and are not as vulnerable as artilleries. CAS can also aim at specific target down to a marching platoon, providing a considerably high accuracy. With these advantages, sniping retreating enemy units are possible, and can deliver heavy damages to them as they are disorganised.

The basic idea of coordinated assault by Land Army and CAS is :
.Before the major assault, CAS can disrupt the enemy by bombarding the supply line and infrastructure, providing a better condition for our Army.
.During the assault, CAS can also bombard enemy units to reduce their strength or disrupting their defense or counterattack.
.If the assault succeed, CAS can strike on retreating units to deliver even more damage. With skills and a bit luck, this tactics can even destroy a division completely.

Other than CAS, tactical bombers and strategic bombers can also deliver damages for the Army to advance. However, their main purpose would be destroying enemy infrastructure and industry, as a strategic goal rather than tactical goals of CAS. Because of the higher cost of these bombers, CAS would still be our first choice.

Conclusion
A CAS-based Airforce would proof useful because of its mobility and strength, and its potential should not be overlooked. The Air Force suggests that the government should invest some of its resources to build the first Air Wings, to test its power and to study for better tactics.
OOC : Yay, my events. :D
Please tell me if my report is not good enough. :(

Wait... Felix Yusupov? Is that the Yusupov, as in the one that murdered Rasputin? :wacko:

Enewald said:
No, I am sure he mean the other Yusupov. :)
...which of them, and what is he doing in Liberia? :p

yes, that is the yusupov who murdered Rasputin (or was at least involved in the murder), my backstory is that he went to Liberia after leaving Russia (instead of Paris) and used his money to get himself political power. Anyway, I was just wikipedia-ing for a suitable character to use in this AAR (preferably someone who lived in WW1, and someone who was important but not too important) when this guy popped up.

Great start BTW, this should be interesting.

Anteep said:
yes, that is the yusupov who murdered Rasputin (or was at least involved in the murder), my backstory is that he went to Liberia after leaving Russia (instead of Paris) and used his money to get himself political power. Anyway, I was just wikipedia-ing for a suitable character to use in this AAR (preferably someone who lived in WW1, and someone who was important but not too important) when this guy popped up.

Great start BTW, this should be interesting.
Well, that's awesome at least. :p Will be interesting to see what he'll manage to do in Africa.

This is so great, and so the Liberian Government is set and the tiny nation faces its destiny...

...ALL HAIL LIBERIA!!

A status report.
IC means that I am commenting as E. Arends

Status report of the Navy of Liberia.
At this moment we do not have a navy to speak of. It is my greatest desire to improve this sorrow state of affairs. My company Atlantic Arend stands ready to begin researching all that is neccecary to build us a proud navy.

For the doctrines of our navy I will be closely working with the gentelman at Monrovia Naval Academy. They seem a very promising.

The best course of action would be a modern carrier based fleet. But since our Industry is extreemly modest this plan shall be skipped (for the moment).
The navy´s of the great powers are to strong to defeat head on so we will not atack head on. Therefore I am proposing two ways for our nation to have an impact on the seas.

1. We use a fleet of submarines to attack our enemys shipping and if we get lucky warships.
2. We use a small number of surface ships and transports to land marine divisions on enemy territory to harras and if possible attack them.

I will ofcourse make the disission when our leader Inner Circle produces his master plan to insure us victory!

OC

I havent decided yet what would be a good option since in a colonial war the Royal navy will be a randome doomsday machine for our navy.

Status Report on the Army of Liberia by Field Marshal Gambino

Army

Our army seems to be understaffed and outdated. However, with our current improved industrial capacity, as well as greater improvements in the future, I foresee that our army should be improving quite a bit. My suggestions are that we first and foremost look into infantry research as far as military research goes. Instead of producing low cost militia at a faster rate, I would advice to produce higher quality and better trained infantry, they may take longer but they will do us much more good in the war(s) against the imperialists. Besides that I think we should look into what seems more suitable for our environment and what our current status is. We can produce 1918 infantry right away at higher rates, or we could research newer infantry and produce those in high numbers. Both paths have down sides and up sides. The up side to producing 1936 infantry would naturally be that we have quite modern infantry, the down side would be that research may take a while. The up side to producing 1918 infantry would be that we can produce large quantities right away, the natural downside would be that they are severely outdated, and eventually need to be updated which may call for large amounts of our resources to be used for upgrading. Besides that we seem to be in a pretty good shape.

Doctrine Direction

Our doctrine must be something that can be used effectively against our enemies as well as work with our industrial situation. Though I have a great interest in the Blitzkrieg doctrine developed by the fascists in Europe, we cannot use that at the moment. We will have to look into Human Wave Doctrine, though the Superior Firepower ideas that the Americans left us when they were still our friends are interesting as well. I say that we must look into a doctrine when we further develop our army.

Future Plans

Analysis and my experience tell me that European troops stationed in Africa are most of the time few, understaffed, outdated and inexperienced. Once we get our troops ready, we must act swiftly, chances are that the European powers are going to send reinforcements, and be sure that those troops won't be the same as the "peacekeepers" in Africa.
This, of course, is thinking ahead, and we must first focus on creating a decent sized liberation force.

End of Army Status Report

Last edited:
Enewald said:
Do we need to make... reports?

Like should I say:

'Our intelligence sucks. I need cash. End of report.'

Hey, you are ministers and you are running this country! We may not have money at the moment, but if we would have you would be deciding should we send spies to USA and try to steal blueprints etc.

Report on the foreign affairs of Liberia.

I'm proud to announce that we have at last broken our direct ties with the United States of America. Though we still grant them military access, it is only formal.
As we begin with a blank page in the foreign ministry department, I have some clear suggestions for our next steps towards becomeing the powerful nation in our region! We must start developing relations with Germany, as a potential ally and a major military power, they will prove to be extremly generous towards our golrious nation.

One more thing, watching and learning from Germanys experience, I must demand that our researchers develope a better agronomy technology. A well fed nation is a well prepared army.

Erik von Landorf

Cheers,
von Landorf.

Enewald said:

Like should I say:

Well, even Navy without ships and Air Force without planes have reports. :D
At least you can make a report about spying which countries and perform what kind of action such as stealing blueprints or killing ministers. :cool:

Enewald said:

Like should I say:

then get some money! :rofl: or should i sell your planned reward for you to gert some money? :D

I think I won't be able to write a report until tomorrow, guys (or at least tonight). Because I am going to visit family. I will try to write a report as soon as possible.

BTW, what exactly do I have to write a report about? Slider changes? Which department gets the most money?