• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also on another note I am still curious if anyone came forward to write an interim for Theodoros.

I had expressed interest in writing one, should my schedule permit.

Eirene or Timur? I can't choose.

Basically, Timur is marrying wrong daughter. Them together would have set the world on fire, then put out the fires, and then set it on fire again!

...true, but do you actually want the offspring of a Mongol/Thomasine bastardization sitting on the throne of Jabr'eel? Just when Roman Persia establishes its own unique Muslim/Byzantine culture, in comes along bloody Timur to disrupt it again! Leave Persia alone, dammit!

Awsome update!
While Eirene/Timur promises eastern awesomness I really liked Petros, reminding me a bit of your Nikolaios or young Thomas III.
Really, really curious about how the General is gonna tie this all up! =)

Only up to page 240 so far after a couple of weeks of reading. When I saw Albrecht accused of black magic in the poisoning of Emperor Andronikus I, I thought "This is a case for Lord Darcy, forensic wizard!" Too bad he lives in 20th century Angevin Empire, not 14th century Komnenid Constantinople, and so wasn't available.

Okay. So now this AAR has got into my dreams too. I dreamed that the good General had surprised us all with the next update, which was in the form of a short movie. The Emperor was soooo full of himself, expecting everything to be served to him when he wanted it, with a mere look towards his servants. Very byzantine, it felt.;) Then, at the end of the movie, we were all a little disapppointed, as it turned out the director BT had hired had made a version of Constantinople where technology had progressed to having CARS roaming around...! Some were enraged at this, and BT, the good man, brought us all on a real life exploration of the catacombs in the city. Then there were crocodiles, and we had to fend them off...

I guess this means this AAR is so good I just can't forget it, even asleep.;)

Also, I'm calling it now: Eirene and Timur are going to realize just how similar they are in their views, then fall in love, and focus their combined power and hatred upon Konstantinopolis.

Something I just thought of...

Basil Megaloprepis, in it's physical prime, with reformed Nikephoran army and empire of Andronikos - VS - Mongol empire of Kublai Khan, led jointly by Subotai, Genghis and Timur.

Wouldn't that be cool. Romans at their prime facing an impossible enemy. A perfect end game boss to test the limits of the Komnenoi Empire.

Something I just thought of...

Basil Megaloprepis, in it's physical prime, with reformed Nikephoran army and empire of Andronikos - VS - Mongol empire of Kublai Khan, led jointly by Subotai, Genghis and Timur.

Wouldn't that be cool. Romans at their prime facing an impossible enemy. A perfect end game boss to test the limits of the Komnenoi Empire.

Sadly if this happened I would give the edge to the Mongols, they had some of the greatest warriors ever, and extremely talented leaders. Even the Romans in their zenith would not have been able to stop them.

Hey, so I had an idea, but I don't have enough skill to do it myself; why don't we (the fans of Rome AARisen, of course), create a Mount and Blade mod (or mods) based on interesting periods of Rome AARisen history?

Sadly if this happened I would give the edge to the Mongols, they had some of the greatest warriors ever, and extremely talented leaders. Even the Romans in their zenith would not have been able to stop them.

Me too. That's why they are perfect end boss. You have to be an underdog to test your limits and achieve a memorable victory (I'm thinking in the terms of the game - you build a great empire and then anstoppable horde arrives at your borders to test your creation).

And in story view that would be a remarkable clash.