• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The algorithm will first send merchant to the COTs with the high priority and when all the high-priority COTs are full it will start to send merchants to the medium priority COTs.

The curious thing about this is that the programme will only send merchants to COTs with empty slots. Presumably, though, the optimal way to trade is to send merchants in order to open slots as well.

MacroEconomics said:
Any chance we can get support for multiple processors in Nappy:EU3? For many of us have the extra CPU cycles on tap and ready to go.

Doesn't it already? I'm sure someone said it did. Mainly been playing on my single core pc though so not checked.

To the Developer: What about Monopolies? Can we have another option to only put 5 merchants in certain CoTs and never go for the monopoly but in others to go for monopoly?

I, too, think the graphics look ugly.

Jayavarman said:
This will spice things up. :D ;)

HA HA! Funny!

Any chance we can get support for multiple processors in Nappy:EU3? For many of us have the extra CPU cycles on tap and ready to go.

This would be awesome.

Finally colonial trade will work the way it is supposed to and all the income will be taken by the colonial power itself. Say I colonize Brasil, get a CoT, get a monopoly and everybody else can envy me

Read the limitations again. People in your religion will still be able to use that CoT.

Please tell me the way to open up the east is simply bribery, as per the send 10 gold until your relation is 200, a very no-brainer...........................

make it an event and link it ports in africa, india, and china. And also overall diplomatic relations. Prestige. National Ideas , e.g. Human Tolernace, not Deus Viti etc, etc

Also disband pagan COT's so you can blockade Frnace, Uk and Spain of their new world trade. Only allowed to open COTS with a land link to your capital.

Also make AI colonise more France, Castille especially.
Colonisation in Africa, even AI only events for this.

Moreover, make it run faster,

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Access to trade centres sounds like one of the best ideas to come out of Paradox in a long while. Gives some reason for going to war other than just grabbing provinces.

Deemsum said:
Moreover, make it run faster,
Just simplify the Ai and get rid of some events... ;)

Deemsum said:
Please tell me the way to open up the east is simply bribery, as per the send 10 gold until your relation is 200, a very no-brainer...........................
But... why? There's more to it that simply payoffs, especially since you need the infrastructure and room to efficiently trade. Say you butter up Vijayanagar: you can then pay a serious chunk of change for a province of theirs (unlikely), or allying with them and seizing a port of your own from a regional rival. This would make it again possible to do territorial conquest in the service of commerce, but just short of the crippling seizure of a CoT.
make it an event and link it ports in africa, india, and china. And also overall diplomatic relations. Prestige. National Ideas , e.g. Human Tolernace, not Deus Viti etc, etc
Mmm, I like this second paragraph. Gives a good reason for picking off Indian coastal provinces if that's what needed to establish your factories and join the subcontinent's trade. :cool:

frpe02 said:
This seems really interesting... :)

But will the auto-send function send the merchants one at a time? Or is it possible to have an option to, say, send them 3, 4 or 5 at once?
This is a very good question, and might be the difference between a great auto-trade system and a system that is almost as useless as the one in EU2. If implementing it would give the player an advantage over the AI, the solution can never be dumbing down the autotrade. The solution should be teaching the AI to send their merchants in groups too. Or even something as simple as making the AI use the same setting you have for sending merchants at once.

The ability to close and open CoTs based on diplomacy and religion sounds very promising.
That could make for real trade monopolies in the Far East! :cool:

MacroEconomics said:

Your multi core processor does this automatically with every piece of code it executes, the only thing extra that can be done by the programmers is to optimize the code for even greater efficiency.

I have hoi2 installed on a laptop with a 1.7ghz core 2 duo, and the same game runs about 3 times faster on the laptop than on my desktop pentium 3.4 ghz, because the dual cores in the core 2 duo are automatically splitting workload.

If the game was optimized for multiple cores it would run even faster. So in a sense you're right, they should optimize for multiple cores, as these games are cpu intensive and many people have dual core or more processors.

Last edited:
Cabezaestufa said:
This is a very good question, and might be the difference between a great auto-trade system and a system that is almost as useless as the one in EU2. If implementing it would give the player an advantage over the AI, the solution can never be dumbing down the autotrade. The solution should be teaching the AI to send their merchants in groups too. Or even something as simple as making the AI use the same setting you have for sending merchants at once.
I agree. It is essential that merchants are always sent in groups. Otherwise you just end up removing other peoples merchant but not getting your own into the CoT. If the auto-send system cannot do this, then it wont be of much use.

morse said:
The curious thing about this is that the programme will only send merchants to COTs with empty slots. Presumably, though, the optimal way to trade is to send merchants in order to open slots as well.

This would be an excellent situation actually.

Think about it.

What's difficult about trade is efficiency. IF the AI finds open slots for you and fills them, you only have to worry about actively assaulting a market by the 2-merchant method.