• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That island of smart looks bad in the sea of stupid. You ought to bring the stupidness there as soon as treaty expires!

EvilSanta said:
That island of smart looks bad in the sea of stupid. You ought to bring the stupidness there as soon as treaty expires!
I thought it was the island of stupid in the sea of smart, but perhaps you're a Khivan spy. :p

KanaX said:
I thought it was the island of stupid in the sea of smart, but perhaps you're a Khivan spy. :p

axe.gif

*walks away whistling*

Duke of Wellington said:
Soon there was just mopping up to do as, like an early version of Pong, the armies went back and forward, back and forward, back and forward......
Been there, seen it, done it. It's kind of satisfying, in a boring sort of way.

Congratulations on bringing the glories of Shaybanid-dom to .. um .. more bankrupt, desolate and unpronouncable places. Now to conquer somewhere with an income!

KanaX said:

But he is an uzbek! There is no way they are the smart ones!!!

thrashing mad - It is and let us hope it will go far.

Chief Ragusa - Oops yeah thanks for picking up the east-west thing. Maybe I'm getting in character a bit too much :D

KanaX - Hey Uzbek is as worthy as any.

Dysken - I agree, too many people think it's just a poor area with nothing to offer. That's of course because most people don't realise the value of desert, sparse vegetation, salt pans and balls of wool.

Graymane - :D, quite true I think.

Karasuman - Thanks, glad it went down well.

Cyrus_The_Great - I read the land well it must be said.

Jan Skrzetuski - I think watching Kazakh is a good thing but for better to not have to worry about my northern border since my southern is the Mughals and Persia.

J. Passepartout - They'll have to be some time.

Grundius - They might well be ;)

RGB - It's what geography is all about.

Olaus Petrus - Haha, nice metaphor. It is sure to but will people still call it a Utopia?

Storey - Nice to have you along. I'm inclined to agree with you but I'm also concerned about the Mughals. I don't think they are such a direct threat as Persia but should they get strong in India they become a nasty wild card who could strike me when I least need it.

klink - Thanks, and welcome along.

billy bob - Holding candles to Tartars? Are you advocating burning them cos if you are I like that idea and may take it up.

EvilSanta - I don't much care for your interpretation of geography.

Farquharson - Aye it is indeed a big sign for the future.

KanaX - I think you're right there.

merrick - A rich province would be most appreciated. I'm very thankful for Samarkand's COT.

flag.gif

Shaybanid - Central Asia's Finest
So we found ourselves in possession of a fair few Khivan coins. Strangely enough the coins were found to be, unlike their previous owners, valuable. So they were immediately put to good use building ourselves a workshop capable of spinning woollen balls faster than ever before.
28-construction.png

We really should carry out an investigation into the building practices in this country as they appear to require an excessive and inefficient amount of moving boxes from Point A to Point B.

But we mustn't forget theres still a war going on.
29-tour.png

At this very moment Abd Allah was commencing on a lengthy tour of Central Asia punctuated with battles against Barag of Chagatai. For our swift and powerful armies though the biggest threat proved to be 'horse lag'.

After a few months of slaughter there wasn't a Chagatai soldier to be found standing anywhere, not that that was actually much change from the norm for such a nation of drunks.
30-peace.png

Wisely they accepted an offer they couldn't refuse.

31-inottheunknown.png

Now we're pushing our lands right to the edge.
32-kittenshappy.png

All in the pursuit of elusive and most valuable wool.

33-dependant.png

Someone else recognises that wool is the way of the future and wants in. We'll accept this for now but keep a close eye on things to make sure they don't make anymore unwanted advances.

35-atak.png

Our new lands need protection so the Atak Attackers have been created. Their name was eventually shortened to Acca Tackers and later corrupted to Acca Dacca. A name familiar to many fans of rock music since this legendary army was a key inspiration for AC/DC who chose their name as a fitting tribute.

So now where to go with the new armies?
36-shites.png

Persia doesn't look too appetising with all those armies waiting there.
34-jewishinsult.png

Maybe Nogai. Afterall they dishonoured the alliance and Mangy Shlak sounds like some sort of Jewish insult to me. If it's aimed at us then thats all the reason we need for war.

BOOOOO! NEVER CORRUPT AC/DC WITH YOUR FOUL uZBEK LANGUAGE!!!

Shame on you Duke. Shame!

CHARGE INTO THE MOUTH OF THE PERSIANS! YOU ARE A COWARD IF YOU DONT!

So THATS how AC/DC got its name. Never knew it and it is afterall my favourite band!

By the way, is there a way in EUIII to check who is producing most of certain good? I haven't found that yet. I think it was cool feature.

Yeah well mangyshlak to you too!

War against Nogai is better than against Persia. Stupid Persian have other resources than just wool, but Nogai has wool, beautiful wool. Wool!

Uzbeks are now a minority culture in their own land, except the market in Samarkand is run by the Jews and the fightings done by Turks and young Uzbeks move lots of boxes from A to B, so not much different from their usual long hours toiling in the fields. Perhaps the Uzbek nobility, and I'm having trouble grasping the concept, don't realise they can have more than one ally. The Persians and Mughals as allies would seem to make sense.

Wise move to go for Nogai instead. Kitties all over the world demand more wool!

The new and innovative method of producing wool and woolen products by means of moving boxes from A to B shall propell the Uzbeks into a new and glorious future of economic stimulation and expansion, but we must be careful not to overheat out economy and cause excessive inflation, unemployment, or both, thereby causing what I like to call stagflation, so we must plan on preventing this with the obvious solution of obtaining and retaining new markets and ensuring a tax base in them subject only to our own taxes and not anyone else's, i.e. conquest.