• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
october2008cover.jpg

New AARlander is out ! Check it out !

Nice cover!

The red is a bit hard to read tho...

Grubnessul said:
Nice cover!

The red is a bit hard to read tho...

A bit yes XD I think I just made the resolution too small this time XD

What I don't have an article!

Nah, I am kidding. I have been swamped this month, but I should be rearing to go next month!

I just hope we are doing nothing in computers tomorrow so I can read it all in one big swoop. ... and that reminds me. I do have a sub tomorrow in computers...hehe :D

Chapter 14 Maze of Mecca

Old Time: Isabella and Jakob go for a walk in Osaka. They are joined by Antonio and Sweet. Antonio announces he is taking them to an onsen (Japanese for "shower scene") for Sweet's birthday (everyone deserves a wet Isabella for their birthday). Isabella stops the carriage as she sees 3 men beating a boy. Fight. Win. Jakob treats the badly injured boy. In Mecca, Renault evades 2 crocodiles and a sword thrust to swim to safety. He enters a corridor which leads to a chamber. There are inverted towers in the roof of the chamber. The towers move up and down in response to hot air. Renault moves a brazier under each tower which pushes them up and unlocks the next door. A voice in latin booms from the other side.
Now Time: Tom & Rodrigo are in a Lions' safehouse in North Carolina. They work out the chain of collecting keys and foreshadow war with the Ottomans in 20 years after 1582 to collect the Constantinople key. They talk about Renault facing the Guardian protecting the Persian key.
Game concepts: Words - canonized likes them. Whether it is a love of alliteration or long, vivid, sensuous, vibrant, reflective, shocking descriptions of sense, feelings, thoughts and scenes, the text starts moving into overdrive from this point on. canonized is a simile wrapped in a metaphor within an analogy.
In game comedy: Noted obsession of some players of Hispania Universalis to recreate the Byzantine Empire.
Shower scenes: Well, we would have got Isabella at the onsen if it hadn't been for that darn kid.

Last edited:
Davout said:
...Game concepts: Words - canonized likes them. Whether it is a love of alliteration or long, vivid, sensuous, vibrant, reflective, shocking descriptions of sense, feelings, thoughts and scenes, the text starts moving into overdrive from this point on. canonized is a simile wrapped in a metaphor within an analogy.

So you noticed it too... ;) :p :D

Iulius Scipio said:
Edit : Wrong thread. X_X

No problemo XD I wonder how you ended up here ! Maybe lurking perhaps ? XD

comagoosie: Well this month perhaps should be a good month to chip in !

Davout: Thank you again for the excellent summary of the summaries XD I'll put that in the post later today !

Murmurandus: Haha , I'd rather be humble about that XD Not necessarily a good thing to be so verbose but thanks nonetheless XD

P.S. I'm back from my retreat WOOHOO

Welcome back, now where is our update? :D

Grubnessul said:
Welcome back, now where is our update? :D

Haha most likely tomorrow . I'm still , like , blown away from the retreat !

WOW!

I'm only on page 5 of this bad boy, but I'm already having a blast, and you said comment before you finish, so here I am. Although honestly, I wouldn't have really considered doing it, completionist/perfectionist that I am, except that...

When you first described the "Panzerkardinal", my first thought was, "he's describing a General from Fire Emblem!". And then I thought "nah... probably just coincidence on the chain thing...". And then on the next update... :eek: PICTURES FROM FE! Star Trek references are amazing, but to be expected, AYB and Battlestar are awesome, but understandable, but Fire Emblem... to this nerd, you are the current epitome of :cool:

Now that I've gotten that out of my system... I should mention that your prose is something to behold as well. It's really quite marvelous how you wrap me up in a great story with such compelling characters, descriptions, and dialogue, and then all of a sudden I realize I'm reading a sci-fi inside joke. Hot damn I am glad I stumbled onto this. In conclusion, pretend that I am much more loquacious than I actually am, and just heaped about 5 more paragraphs of praise on you, because the fact that I can't think of it doesn't mean you don't deserve it.

canonized said:
Haha most likely tomorrow . I'm still , like , blown away from the retreat !
many SSEs* there? :D

*Shower Scene Experience

Canonized's SSEs blot out the sun...:D

Sharur said:
WOW!

I'm only on page 5 of this bad boy, but I'm already having a blast, and you said comment before you finish, so here I am. Although honestly, I wouldn't have really considered doing it, completionist/perfectionist that I am, except that...

When you first described the "Panzerkardinal", my first thought was, "he's describing a General from Fire Emblem!". And then I thought "nah... probably just coincidence on the chain thing...". And then on the next update... :eek: PICTURES FROM FE! Star Trek references are amazing, but to be expected, AYB and Battlestar are awesome, but understandable, but Fire Emblem... to this nerd, you are the current epitome of :cool:

Now that I've gotten that out of my system... I should mention that your prose is something to behold as well. It's really quite marvelous how you wrap me up in a great story with such compelling characters, descriptions, and dialogue, and then all of a sudden I realize I'm reading a sci-fi inside joke. Hot damn I am glad I stumbled onto this. In conclusion, pretend that I am much more loquacious than I actually am, and just heaped about 5 more paragraphs of praise on you, because the fact that I can't think of it doesn't mean you don't deserve it.

Thank you very very much for your great compliments :D i'm so glad to see a new reader and thank you especially for commenting early ! It's really a great encouragement ! I do hope to continue hearing from you as you go along on our journey :D . Fire Emblem was definitely one of my most favourite recent games and it was great fun ! The General was one of my favourites and ever since i heard the nickname Panzerkardinal refer to (then) Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger (now Benedict XVI) , I always imagined the General from FE . Thank you again and please I do hope to hear more from you :D

Grubnessul: ROFL some of that may bleed into the narrative we'll have to see XD

ColossusCrusher: ROFL amazing ! Thank you XD

ColossusCrusher said:
Canonized's SSEs blot out the sun...:D

Than we'll read in the shade! :D

Grubnessul said:
Than we'll read in the shade! :D

ROFLROFL you guys are too clever for me !

Dutch revolt, that sounds very interesting :D Can I hope to see some Captain there? :p

Capibara said:
Dutch revolt, that sounds very interesting :D Can I hope to see some Captain there? :p

Most Definitely XD

This is one magnificent and remarkable AAR. By far my favorite on the boards by a long shot. Do you know how long it takes to stumble upon this AAR and try to catch up with everything.

Anyways I thought I should let you know I'm reading daily trying to catch up, takes alot of time truly... Page 89 and going strong... still have a long ways to go though to catch up.

Again, great... great... great AAR

Dr Death said:
This is one magnificent and remarkable AAR. By far my favorite on the boards by a long shot. Do you know how long it takes to stumble upon this AAR and try to catch up with everything.

Anyways I thought I should let you know I'm reading daily trying to catch up, takes alot of time truly... Page 89 and going strong... still have a long ways to go though to catch up.

Again, great... great... great AAR

Wow ! Thank you so much :D . you'll be caught up in no time , though , but I do implore you to please comment as you go along ! It would really warm up hearts on this end and not to mention our readership always likes talking about previous chapters too XD .

As for this chapter , it's about 20% finished so it'll be up sometime tomorrow ! Sorry for the delay , still haven't even finished unpacking and I totally have a crush on someone that totally's distracted me haha . more on that in the actual story XD