• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Due to their common history and belonging to the Holy Roman Empire until 1806, German-speaking Austrians were historically regarded as Germans, but after the founding of a German national state, the German Empire in 1871, and after the events of World War II and Nazism, this has fallen out of fashion and may be considered offensive.
From Wiki, seems to be about the most ballanced opinion to me.

CzarKirk said:
From Wiki, seems to be about the most ballanced opinion to me.

Plus, look on any recent map and you see a border between the two countries. :p

iirc the german <-> austrian separation was caused by the struggle for power between prusia and austria. When prusia finaly succeded it got rid of its greatest rival by throwing them out of the "german" group.
However i dont think many autrians/germans find it offensive today, after all both nations have a lot in common.

And now give me more pics!!

Elite Ferret said:
I dunno recently I called someone a German (Saw them speaking German) and they were offended because they were actually Austrian. This was on TWC btw.

Hehe you saw them? Are you a pro lip reader!? ;)

mandead said:
Sorry, TWC? :confused:

Total War Center. Forum for Total War series.

13th warrior said:
Total War Center. Forum for Total War series.
Ah, thank you, I was waiting for a somewhat more serious answer. ;)

I've been there; used to play the Stainless Steel mod quite a lot. I wonder how it's come on in the last two years...

Enewald said:
Who controls the sahara in the last pic?
Byzant? :D
Byzantium seized those colonies from Algiers. None of them are complete, so there might be Greeks in the desert soon! :rofl:

Brittany tries very hard to set an inflation record...15 years to 100+% inflation!

They were going bankrupt more than once a year.

From the "No thanks, I'd rather not win the battle" department:

BATTLEEU3_863.jpg

BATTLEEU3_864.jpg

Not necessarily a great loss, but what happens when my main army is there with my King as it's leader???

T

I had three battle reports pop up yesterday, it happened so fast that i never really got to check what happened, i think i lost the army involved too.

map2.jpg

Dont ask me how that happened to Castille, always thought it was Castille until i gave i a second look. Also Milan had collapsed not many years before. :confused:

UPDATE: RECONQUISTA has just started Portugal and Aragon vs. Granada..will keep you up to date.

Update 2: No Reconquista Portugal ha to make peace and lost provinces, will see what Aragon does, but doesnt look good. The French better dig out Charlemagne if this goes on. In other news: 3rd English/French war started.

Last edited:
Castille probably had a Granada Nationalist/Patriot uprising they couldnt' put down. I've seen Castille break in a couple games when that happened and Granada took over most of the Iberian peninsula.

And Granada was Catholic.

Me.

Asmodeous said:
Castille probably had a Granada Nationalist/Patriot uprising they couldnt' put down. I've seen Castille break in a couple games when that happened and Granada took over most of the Iberian peninsula.

And Granada was Catholic.

Me.

Like above?