• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Real Men Can Do A Lot In Seven Days... :D

I think the next Duchy you can claim will be Artois (single-prov, if im not mistaken)

But i wonder, which king title will you be able to claim first if your alphabetical conquest goes according to plan?

Defeat Me Once, Shame On You. Defeat Me Twice, Shame On Me.

Chapter 24: Åland

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer extorted painfully from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave794.jpg

You know what? They're right.

ScreenSave796.jpg

Time to do the exact opposite of that loser old law!

ScreenSave799.jpg

And our forces land in Åland, outnumbering the enemy greatly! However, since our regiments were led by Reinhard von Habsburg who had the traditional male von Habsburg martial score of two,

ScreenSave800.jpg

This happened.

ScreenSave801.jpg

But surely the third regiment led by Henri Csak, who does not have a pathetically low martial score, will meet success as they still outnumber the demoralized enemy?

ScreenSave804.jpg

Nope.

ScreenSave805.jpg

Well I've had enough of this failing nonsense. Time to send to Alania my only competent marshal, Alfonso Jimenez!

ScreenSave807.jpg

And to Åland I send the much-hated Hermann von Habsburg, who at a martial score of 3 is my second-best marshal apparently.

ScreenSave808.jpg

The Papacy is reestablished. Much good that does me.

ScreenSave811.jpg

And the first child to Johann's Armenian wife is born! His good base stats in Martial and Stewardship certainly means he will be killed off by his sixth birthday, as no male von Habsburg can have any of these things!

Hopefully this second wave will succeed where the first have failed miserably! Because it will suck real bad if I am unable to defeat a two-province minor and some worthless island. The von Habsburgs ride again in the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
Real Men really needs some better military leaders, because waging war with these bad generals are impossible…

Real Men Need To Get Back Those Old Bums Who Used To Mysteriously Appear In His Court, Just To Mix Up The Stats A Bit.

Real Men prefer wives with great...stats.

(Had a dream last night in which I encountered an enemy marshal with a martial stat of 38. "I surrender! Can marry your sister?")

Real men post comments that don't start with "Real men".

This is one of those AARs that's timeless, not because it will still be meaningful years from now, but because it will still be being written years from now. :D

Your new son is quite competent.

Which probably mean that your new jailbait wife is a cheating, twotiming hussy.

GrimPagan said:
Which probably mean that your new jailbait wife is a cheating, twotiming hussy.

Considering she was noticeably pregnant 7 days after the marriage I came to this conclusion too.

Lord E said:
Real Men really needs some better military leaders, because waging war with these bad generals are impossible…

Indeed. Or better generals or better marriages and killers :D

But You Won't Defeat Me A Third Time.

Chapter 24: Åland

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer extorted painfully from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave814.jpg

And Alfonso Jimenez enters the fight!

ScreenSave815.jpg

While Hermann von Whiny von Habsburg is also entering the fight in Åland!

ScreenSave816.jpg

Take that losers!

ScreenSave818.jpg

What now?

ScreenSave819.jpg

Huh?

ScreenSave820.jpg

Well... whatever.

ScreenSave821.jpg

Alania is taken.

ScreenSave823.jpg

And the game continues to spite me by taking away my most martial male von Habsburg. I mean, 12 BASE MARTIAL! WHY!?!?!?

ScreenSave824.jpg

Yeah go blow it out your ear you worthless badly educated nobody.

ScreenSave825.jpg

And you too! Enjoy the benefits from ruling a province full of pagan Swedes, whatever they may be! Wait. Aw, man!

And so while his brother Hermann the Ugly lives in exile in the Genevan wastelands, and his cousin Ernst slowly dies of a stomach wound, Hermann the Ugly and Whiny is living the life ruling a province full of pagan Swedes and enjoying the benefits thereof. Which means that despite his ugliness, terrible stats, and constant refusal for court positions because of ugliness and terrible stats, by all accounts Hermann is the second-most successful male von Habsburg currently alive! Which means that I'll probably revoke Al Jazira from his son Berengar or something. The von Habsburgs ride again in the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
One more act of heroism and we'll have to admit Hermann into the league of Real Men. Boy, do I dread that day.

But that won't happen, because when will I call upon the regiment of a base-0.60 pagan Swedish province to war? Never, that's when!

Real Men Are Anxiously Awaiting The Return Of The Big List In The Next Update. :D

Hermann's great martial skills are sucha surprise to him that he's not taking advantage of them. Now, when will he get called up? When Anon forgets his vow and does a full mobilisation.

Yes, that stinks. Konstantinos had real potential as a military man.

Real Men Take Life as It is: a Bitch

:D