• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Put your hands up for Detroit

November 16th, 1940 - February 25th, 1941

16th November, 1940

North Africa.

november25thmx8.jpg

December 29th, 1940

More planes!

december29thte1.jpg

January 7th, 1941

The new year brings with it some new technology.

january7thoe0.jpg

January 27th, 1941

North Africa.

january27thtw0.jpg

February6th, 1941

The last plane arrives.

february6thmn9.jpg

We start work on a fledgling tank force - having to run a supply deficit to do so.

february6th2pg6.jpg

February 8th, 1941

Some good news from the private sector. When asked why they hadn't done this a good few years ago, they were at a loss to explain.

february8thts4.jpg

February 10th, 1940

Tech-o-rama.

february10thui8.jpg

February 24th, 1941

North Africa.

february24thyc7.jpg

February 25th, 1941

The first round of airbases finishes.

february25thla0.jpg

"Our Governor reports:

Sir, concerning

Baltijas Republika

Gearing Up For War

happened to them recently"

hehe, nice build up of the military

I imagine those tanks will be useful.

Only a few more months...

And the world shall hold its breath..

February 26th, 1941 - June 22nd, 1941

March 6th, 1941

Africa. Italy attempts an outflanking manouvere.

march6th9mf1.jpg

March 30th, 1941

Africa.

march30th10vz9.jpg

April 3rd, 1941

Tech. We aim to increase our combat effectiveness.

april3rd0wv3.jpg

April 17th, 1941

Africa. Italy is getting the worse of it.

april17th0ak7.jpg

Even the Partisans are giving them a hard time!

april17th1jm0.jpg

May 27th, 1941

A historic day. The first two Tank divisions arrive (and yes, I know I forgot to add in a proper name! It will be remedied!)

may27th0by8.jpg

June 5th, 1941

Tech - and Airbases!

june5thaz7.jpg

June 16th, 1941

Progress in Africa.

june16th0an5.jpg

22nd June, 1941

We have only to kick in the door and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down.

The Baltic Republic yet again must look to its guns against the enemy. But who?

june22nd0wc5.jpg

Join the allies and DOW both the USSR and the Germans.

In that last screenshot the tanks are facing Germany.

Von Uber said:
Coincidence! :D
or..its a master plan that when the gemans get to moscow you swing around and pocket them in a grand encirclement to be destroyed? :p

where next?

Have the soviet union and germany have signed the molotov-ribbentrop pact?
If they have then i reccomend that you do not DoW germany early on because the SU will have claims on you so it might stab you in the back. Probably the best bet is to DoW the SU early on but because you are independently at war you can sign a seperate peace with them and then Go for germany and see how much land you can get from them.

GeneralHannibal said:
Join the allies and DOW both the USSR and the Germans.
And get crushed from all sides.

You can try to attack Germany and cut off Soviet forces....

I think you should attack soviets when they have pulled away their troops from your border. You should be able to quickly take Leningrad.

Intermezzo

Somewhere in Stockholm..

Konstantin Päts fiddled with the pen in his hands. He felt old; terribly old. The summer sun slanting through the window did little to lift his gloom. The roar of guns, the screams of the dying filled his mind: suddenly he was back, 20 years ago. The charnel house smell of burning bodies, the gut wrenching fear, the numbness of seeing more than the mind is capable of handling. It would never end, soon there shall be no-one left.

Per Albin Hannsson looked across the table at the man who had visibly aged since their last meeting. He quickly glanced At Risto Ryti: he too seemed older, shrunken. A little tic had appeared over his eye, yet he sat calmy in his chair, his eyes half closed. Hannsson cleared his throat.

"Gentleman, in the last week the world changed. The old order has been swept away; The two most evil regimes have sworn a fight to the finish."

Ryti opened his eyes. "Yes, either way it will be to the last Finnish. Of that we have no doubt." He smiled wryly. "Comrade Stalin sent me a message expressing our historic ties and feeling of mutual friendship last night. How nice of him!"

Päts placed his pen on the table and lifted up a small sheaf of paper. "Here: I too have messages expressing our historic ties and feeling of mutual friendship. This time from Hitler - it is nice to have such friends, no?" He threw them down in disgust. "I do not need to tell you Gentleman what such promises are worth. Whoever wins, we lose in the end." Ryti nodded in agreement.

Hannsson stood and walked to the window. To the east, a large black cloud was on the horizon: a storm was coming. To the west, the skies were clear. The air was still, not a blade of grass moved in the wind.

"It seems to me, we have a choice between one evil or another. Or we stay neutral, and fall in the end. Whoever wins that struggle will be stronger than before. Our latest Intelligence suggests that the German attack may not be developing as planned, although the Red Army has sustained substantial losses already. But we all know how resiliant they can be. I believe Hitler has consigned his Reich to the graveyard, with Stalin to emerge triumphant."

Ryti snorted. "Yes, and we all know what will happen then! We shall never surrender to the Bolsheviks, never! We have lost too much, too many men already for that. But we cannot support Hitler either! We are not strong enough to fight them on our own!"

Silence descended on the room. Päts looked at Hannsson, still standing at the window, at Ryti, staring angrily at nothing, fear and desperation written across his face.

"Maybe not, perhaps, on our own..."

Mighty fine storytelling. Could this be the beginnig of Baltic Treaty Organization-BATO?