• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Who forgot the planes?!

September 11th, 1941 - September 13th, 1941

September 11th

The new build queue. I am not sure about another HQ: regardless, I am starting to take casualties, so IC is being diverted into reinforcements, plus I have to upgrade. I am not sure I can produce it, but we shall see.

september11bc1.jpg

03:00

Some hastily diveted troops arrive in Grodno to try and stop the Germans from taking the city!

september1103cg9.jpg

05:00

In the North, a new offensive against Konigsberg erupts. Hopefully, the former capital of Prussia will be in our hands!

september1105zs3.jpg

09:00

The desperate defenders are defeated in Grodno. Surely nothing can stop the Germans now?

september1109nc8.jpg

11:00

Two hours later better news: We have defeated the enemy in Konigsberg!

september1111hx9.jpg

17:00

Grodno falls. This is a disaster in two aspects: firstly, we lose a Tech team. Secondly, during the evacuation, someone forgot to order the CAS squadrons away. Only the INT's made it. Needless to say, the Officer responsible has been transferred to a front line combat unit. With no gun.

september1117bs7.jpg

September 12th, 1941

The French send us some badly needed naval techs. Thanks, France!

september12qb4.jpg

In other news, our peace treaty with the Soviets has expired. I hope they are too busy too notice.

september1203hf7.jpg

19:00

Advanced units arrive in Konigsberg, and are immediately ordered into undefended Elbing.

september1219jt9.jpg

05:00 September 13th, 1941

Which doesn't remain undefended for long!

september13th05so8.jpg

Things are looking OK, what are the Finns doing, can they send troops to help you?

Baneslave said:
He most likely tried to say "heija Sverige." (Sp?)
Or is it "Heja Sverige", I'm not sure. Well, who cares, it's Swedish.

Well it could be worse. Could be worse.

knugen_n1, Baneslave, KanaX: Yes, you are right: I meant 'Heja Sverige!' I've edited it.. :eek:o It's been at least 8 days since my last Swedish lesson.. :p

GeneralHannibal said:
OK, what are the Finns doing, can they send troops to help you?

They seem to be marching through Northern Finland towards Northern Norway: I guess they are helping the Swedes.

stnylan said:
Well it could be worse. Could be worse.

Yes, it could indeed! Although the loss of a Tech team hurts.

Von Uber said:
knugen_n1, Baneslave, KanaX: Yes, you are right: I meant 'Heja Sverige!' I've edited it.. :eek:o It's been at least 8 days since my last Swedish lesson.. :p
What?! You read Swedish in Britain? May God help us.

KanaX said:
What?! You read Swedish in Britain? May God help us.

No, I am learning it in Evening Class. All part of my campaign for World Domination. :cool:

Von Uber said:
No, I am learning it in Evening Class. All part of my campaign for World Domination. :cool:
This is the sixth year of my Swedish lessons. And I can't say I'm loving it.

I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die..

September 14th, 1941 - September 22nd, 1941

09:00 September 14th, 1941

We crush the enemy in Elbling, and arrive there an hour later.

september1409yw5.jpg

11:00

However, the German counterattack immediately!

september1411zj2.jpg

03:00 September 15th, 1941

After a bitter fight we beat them off. However, losses in the two units are getting increasingly heavy.

september1503xp7.jpg

11:00 September 16th, 1941

The Germans try yet again to recapture Elbling.

september1611go7.jpg

12:00 September 17th, 1941

We win again, but it is taking longer each time, and losses are getting critical. I am really missing the CAS!

september1712yv1.jpg

05:00 19th September, 1941

The long awaited campaign to recapture Grodno begins. Fully 2/3rds of the Baltic Republic Army is involved. Note our manpower and resource state. Supplies, reinforcements and upgrades are all underfunded: I am really feeling the IC pinch.

september1905ak6.jpg

13:00

The defending Germans take heavy losses!

september1913vs8.jpg

17:00

Four hours later the Germans break, leaving the way open to recapturing Grodno, another Tech team and a more secure heartland. HELL YEAH!

september1917so4.jpg

21:00 September 20th

The German obsession with night attacks continue. This time, they are back in greater numbers: with Konigsberg secure, we decide to withdraw the exposed units before they are destroyed. They have served their purpose.

september2021dl2.jpg

September 22nd, 1941

The theatre of operations. Note: this is before we have arived in Grodno, or the Germans in Elbing.

september22dn9.jpg

You guys really need some allied help. I fear for you, but hopefully the Soviets will stop them.

even the situation in sweden looks scary. looks like one province is all that stands between splitting the swedish army in half.
your situation isn't that good either. darn germans should be fighting soviets first, not you! they don't seem to be doing that.

The Swedes are not doing that bad, actually. Mind you, I think they are only facing about six divisions... so they could be doing better :rolleyes:

My biggest worry at the moment is IC: I might have to cut out production completely just to supply, reinforce and upgrade the army. I need about 30mp at this point to reinforce completely :eek:

Obviously, that is not a favourable position for me to be in! Most of my losses occurred retaking Grodno, and in hindsight I should've pulled out of Elbing sooner. Ah well.

A few more victories like this and there'll be no army left.

September 23rd, 1941 - October 8th, 1941

16:00 September 25th, 1941

The Axis recover Elbing.

september25th16sx6.jpg

23:00

And then immediately use it as a launch pad against Konigsberg. Note the 1941 Axis infantry. That is really bad news for me.

september25th23je1.jpg

01:00 September 27th, 1941

The news comes through in the small hours: Konigsberg holds. And we intend to stay there.

september27th01ti8.jpg

03:00 - 05:00 September 29th, 1941

We arrive in Grodno. The Nazis immediately attack us, but it is a half hearted effort and easily repulsed.

september29th0305sf3.jpg

October 1st, 1941

Theatre of Operations. Note the precarious situation regarding supplies etc.

october1stfr9.jpg

11:00 October 4th, 1941

The next stage of operations is underway. Our largest offensive so far, most of the army is involved in this.

october4th11au1.jpg

13:00

Two hours later, victory is ours.

october4th13rh4.jpg

October 5th, 1941

The ever changing situation. I have no idea who is winning in Scandinavia.

october5thof1.jpg

00:00 October 7th, 1941

Tech. Here you can see the loss of a Tech team. I think I've lost around 3 or 4 months research time due to the loss of Grodno.

october7thmr2.jpg

07:00 October 7th, 1041 - 03:00 October 8th, 1941

Due to bungling in the high command, only a few divisions actually marched into Suwalki. They are overwhelmed and forced to retreat with heavy losses after a stiff fight. This was a bad error on my part, which has cost me a lot of manpower.

october7th118th03ot6.jpg

One can't say you're doing all too good. Not too bad either, but it could be better. It truly seems like the Germans decided to go the road to Leningrad over the Baltics, which is not good for you. The problem is, right now it seems like they could simply drag you down. Yes, you are winning, but the loss of manpower is much worse for you than it could be for the Germans, I fear in the end it will come down to you winning a pyrrhic victory only to die of lack of manpower. Of course you could be lucky and win, but I wouldn't bet on it yet.

I have to agree with CSK here, your Pyrrhic victories are going to kill you in the end, unless the Soviets can break through. You might having to end up signing a peace treaty with them...