• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Havard said:
Why am I not surprised... :p

As you can see, it is located in the center of the province - the default location when nothing else is defined.
Hehe :D

Oh, i meant the province, not the city. Anyway, i guess the map is not finished yet, since it improves from screen to screen, and someone said it doesn't seem so hard to be modified (something about tiles. Don't ask me, i'm noob)

Bravo! Bravo! This is looking better and better!

I'm glad to see that Gotland is included! I'm a sucker for little guys on islands. :)

A few Development Diaries ago, I mentioned that I was finally convinced that this will be a great game, even with the 3D. Well, now I'm more than convinced! I'm caught! Hook, line, and sinker! This is a must have game! Now if only I could get enough money to buy it...

Oh, you pretty, pretty thing.

Nice Diary Update and I am drooling over all the moddability functions, different government types and I also am warming to the 3D map.

I soooooooooooooo want this game.

Ayeshteni

miloc said:
I am not convinced about this gouvernement system... I hope it will be somewhat historical, meaning it should not be possible that republics (Venice, Swiss etc.) become monarchies. Also where every gouvernement is a despotic monarchy, this +10 badboy are not justified.

What is this vertical bar in the lower right corner with the papal/imperial (?) flag on it, btw?

You can always take over a republic the size of Switzerland, but try converting Russia or the Ottoman Empire to a merchant republic. ;) It'd better have some limitations, historical maybe.

"Land Force limits +.15"?

What is this little modifier? Something to do with attrition? Something to do with number of men in the field at any one time?

It can't be manpower since that modifier is mentioned right above this one....

What's with the gold crowns that are on some of the flag poles?

Writing Wraith said:
"Land Force limits +.15"?

What is this little modifier? Something to do with attrition? Something to do with number of men in the field at any one time?

It can't be manpower since that modifier is mentioned right above this one....

What's with the gold crowns that are on some of the flag poles?

There just exist a limit of having maximum your manpower in troops at the same time? ;)

Atleast that would mean an end to the 35k hordes in the one province principalities.. and for those that need more, get mercs.. thats what real monarchs did :D

Writing Wraith said:
That makes sense.

What does the splotches of gold in Danzig represent?
CoT? ;) :p

I'm a bit worried about the map, it looks very.... small. As in, you have to look really close to see the stuff in the provinces.

P.s. What is a Administrative Monarchy anyway? -One with educated officials, exams etc?

I figure that would be it, a monarchy with as strong beaureaucratic tradition. (I'd say Sweden between Charles IX & Charles XI would roughly fall into this)

Arilou said:
I'm a bit worried about the map, it looks very.... small. As in, you have to look really close to see the stuff in the provinces.

Hmm making city icons with their building graphics bigger? Like 1,5 -> 2* the diameter they have now?
Could be good to try ;) ...hope its not too much work for the garphics artists to test ;)

I figure that would be it, a monarchy with as strong beaureaucratic tradition. (I'd say Sweden between Charles IX & Charles XI would roughly fall into this)

Thanks, thought that too.. but more like china?
Sweden shouldnt have a primitive goverment like that then anymore ;)

Wow! The maps is looking great! The coast line is a whole lot smoother and the trees aren't in the way of the province and town names anymore.

Good job! :cool:

Havard said:
As you can see, it is located in the center of the province - the default location when nothing else is defined.
Yeah, but the province itself is everything but historical, and the Hinterpommern and Danzig coastline, ekhm... Last time i checked, it didn't resemble your map at all! Guys, after two games than successfully ignored geography, let's make one that will be okay! Everything besides this is of remarkable quality; why not improve accuracy?

Machinatorculus said:
Yeah, but the province itself is everything but historical, and the Hinterpommern and Danzig coastline, ekhm... Last time i checked, it didn't resemble your map at all! Guys, after two games than successfully ignored geography, let's make one that will be okay! Everything besides this is of remarkable quality; why not improve accuracy?

Man, he said "default". they are still working on the look of the map. :)

Judging from the shape of polish provinces in the picture, Poland will finally have some provinces in the west :)

What are these? Perhaps they'll represent the historical Voivodships. If so, my best guess would be that they represent (from left to right): Poznanskie, Inowroclawskie, Pomorskie, Malborskie. Map
Too bad that Hinterpommern isn't split into two provinces, since it looks pretty huge there.

Just noticed that the province is called Danzig. What will be the policy for province names in Eu3? Will they be native or English?

Can I be fully democratic like Switzerland? I'd like to bring democracy to all those (rich) countries around me, who are all rulled by terrorists ( I assume no BB if you liberate no-democratic countries then :) ) :D