• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Neuro said:
I don't see that as a problem. Sure, some of us will probably tweak their games (oh cool! let's make innovativeness give +100% to research :p), but in very limited ways. And also, if one is smart enough to modify a game, he'd propably modify it as a "mod" of some sort, so reverting back to the "original" will be painless and won't humper online game.

Instead of doing little tweaks here and there, the mod scene will propably focus on major overhauls. So instead of having new scenarios and event chains, we'll have new games. Maybe something like the CounterStrike mod scene?

Look around at the "my-country in EUIII" threads. The only players from some of those countries who will play online will have to play with others from their country. And even then only with ones who can agree on each others mod.

Most of this though is assuming that the map will be easily moddable.

Sonny said:
Look around at the "my-country in EUIII" threads. The only players from some of those countries who will play online will have to play with others from their country. And even then only with ones who can agree on each others mod.
Now I don't get this argument. True, I'm hoping for a better representation of Poland in the game and that's why I discuss it here. However, it's Paradox's game and their the ones to balance everything. And I do really think that most people will play the game as it is shipped (or officially patched). Everything will come down to a consensus: we play the unmodified game online. Even if some people will choose to modify their games for single player scenerios.

Neuro said:
Now I don't get this argument. True, I'm hoping for a better representation of Poland in the game and that's why I discuss it here. However, it's Paradox's game and their the ones to balance everything. And I do really think that most people will play the game as it is shipped (or officially patched). Everything will come down to a consensus: we play the unmodified game online. Even if some people will choose to modify their games for single player scenerios.

Exactly. Everyone should have an unmodified installation for MP, a forum posted user-made mod (like AGCEEP) that will be standardised so it can be played MP, and a home-made-this-is-my-modified-EU3 game for home (sp) use.

I see no difference from that and EU2 or HoI2 (lordy, I have about 6 installations of HoI2 alone on my computer)

Ayeshteni

Is Vic: Rev a Doomsday-esque stand-alone or a new game altogether ala EU3? It's just that that screenshot looks identical to Victoria's... :confused:

Neuro said:

I'm sure people will have a vanilla version. However, if the map is easily moddable all of the ___________ (fill in your country of choice) will be playing together because they have modified the game to suit their definition of their country.

Even now it is very difficult to get a pick up game on Vnet and the map is not easily moddable. Admittedly some of the difficulty in finding a pick up game is due to many groups being clannish.

I request Hel penisula in Danzig province!!! Poland without Hel is like italian boot without a lift!