• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
YAY! I knew I had a good reason to get up early and come check the forums before school. The map is getting MUCH better, and the borders are a lot clearer now. Also the government systems look cool, but now I'm basically just restating everything that's already been said, so I'll stop now. :D

Anyway, good job!

This looks so good. The map seems to be improving too.

A modder's dream come true, indeed. Thank you Johan, it's turning well and good.

It's just sad the government forms don't have more effects than those shown. One or two is not much, so I hope there're more factors that'll be included. :(

If the effects are moddable, too, then it wouldn't be too hard to make them different.... like putting a +50 Badboy on the Despotic Government :p

I am not convinced about this gouvernement system... I hope it will be somewhat historical, meaning it should not be possible that republics (Venice, Swiss etc.) become monarchies. Also where every gouvernement is a despotic monarchy, this +10 badboy are not justified.

What is this vertical bar in the lower right corner with the papal/imperial (?) flag on it, btw?

I hate to say that, but the map of Poland needs improvement :D

(seriously, Danzig is too far east, located in western part or East Prussia, ie: in Royal Prussia - as opposed to Hohenzollern Ducal Prussia. And the coastline is a bit wrong)

Nicias said:
Last edited by Havard : 33 Minutes Ago at 13:07. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Slow day? :)

Hope this doesn't classify as "commenting moderator action publicly"...

-----------------

What that little round button (I think it's a button) with an X on it, right next to the minimap, can we know?

miloc said:
I am not convinced about this gouvernement system... I hope it will be somewhat historical, meaning it should not be possible that republics (Venice, Swiss etc.) become monarchies.
Why not? England did it? So did France and Rome.(outside the EUIII timeframe i know).
Even the Dutch Republic started to more closely resemble a Monarchy when the Stadtholderate became heriditary. Going fully monarchy w might have happened had it not been for French intervention and poor stadtholders.

The ability to do this should be tied to the DP sliders though and only beome available when your DP slider is far towards aristocracy.

miloc said:
What is this vertical bar in the lower right corner with the papal/imperial (?) flag on it, btw?
Perhaps they will be the overlay buttons?

Higher badboy...
shifty.gif

miloc said:

we especulate that must be the interface control bar. Political map, economic map, HRE, Papal stuff, you know.
it hasn't been depicted yet anyway.

That other round X button beside the world map is a new mistery.

Alexandru H. said:
If the effects are moddable, too, then it wouldn't be too hard to make them different.... like putting a +50 Badboy on the Despotic Government :p

Or my own pet thought.. mongol khaganate:
(unlockable after having created a mongol empire)

+100 Badboy
-50% Cost for cavalry, -75% speed to build cavalry
-20% tax, production etc (piles of skulls are more fun than money)

I sort of figure that the administrative might be popular indeed for the empires with lots of land.. +5% on production can be real good to have.. esp with aristocracy full and such for a real overdrive on production income!
P.s. What is a Administrative Monarchy anyway? -One with educated officials, exams etc?

miloc said:
I am not convinced about this gouvernement system... I hope it will be somewhat historical, meaning it should not be possible that republics (Venice, Swiss etc.) become monarchies.

Well, it did happen sometimes in history so it should be possible - possibly in a number of steps like... [Names are my own]

Representative Republic - people elect head of state every 4 years, can remove him from office. [e.g. United States of America]
Dictatorial Republic - people elect head of state for life. Removal from office is hard. [e.g. Early Venice]
Aristocratic Republic - people elect head of state for life. Enfranchisement is highly restricted. [e.g. Later Venice]
Nominal Republic - Aristocracy notionaly have right to choose head of state. Actual situation is heriditary. [e.g. England around time of the Anarchy (Stephen and Matilda)]
Heridtary Monarchy - Theoretical right of nobels is suppressed.

In the actual game this might be represented in fewer steps, I'm just trying to make a point here ;).

NeilJT said:
Well, it did happen sometimes in history so it should be possible - possibly in a number of steps like... [Names are my own]

you all are certainly right in this regard; but it just makes me shudder...

Interesting - the government system looks a bit Civ 2-ish!

I wonder if having related/dissimilar government types will affect your relations with other countries - while there isn't the same level of ideological conflict in the EU3 period as the HOI2 one, it should probably have some sort of impact (but with religion obviously being far more significant...).