Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats, well deserved! How about a cup of tea and a peach to celebrate? :D

Congrats, loki!

Congratulations loki! A good AAR I've been trying to catch up on.

A very worthy award for a very worthy AAR. Congrats, loki!

Ah, I wish I could steal that. :)

Congratulations, loki100, certainly a tale worth showcasing. I'm noticing that your AARs always seem to have something... not quite a theme, not necessarily a running gag... but something that is recurring and that seems to grow rather organically out of the AAR as it develops. Harry's barbecue in CK, the crocodile in Vicky 2, the 'special matches' over in the AGEOD sub-forum, the Queen Mother's peach stones and peacocks...

Anyway, I'm rambling. Congratulations again.

Lots of congrats, loki!
Congrats, loki!
Congratulations loki! A good AAR I've been trying to catch up on.
Congratulations, loki100!
A very worthy award for a very worthy AAR. Congrats, loki!
Congratulations!
Congratulations. It is amazing how many great AArs you have written.

Thank you one and all, given the dynamics of this forum if comments in an AAR are the immediate reward for a writer then these wee prizes sort of lead one on (was it Napoleon who said something about leading men with 'such baubles'?).

Congratulations, loki100, certainly a tale worth showcasing. I'm noticing that your AARs always seem to have something... not quite a theme, not necessarily a running gag... but something that is recurring and that seems to grow rather organically out of the AAR as it develops. Harry's barbecue in CK, the crocodile in Vicky 2, the 'special matches' over in the AGEOD sub-forum, the Queen Mother's peach stones and peacocks...

Anyway, I'm rambling. Congratulations again.

Ah wee confession time. One reason I really admire proper narrative AARs (& again I'll tip a hat to the Director's Special Providence here) is the extent that the writer clearly has an idea and a structure and develop the story (no doubt adapting to the game) within that. For the most part I start with an idea and after about 4 posts in I've gone in a different direction, in part due to in-game events and in-part feeding off comments. So I sort of ... make it up as a I go along :eek:hmy:

Anyway, before passing this on, let me take the opportunity to remind you all that more baubles are being strewn around AARland at the moment, so a reminder to vote in the Q1 ACAs here and in the inaugaral AArthenas thread here the last Crusader Kings 1 Crusadaar's chalice here and the Iron Heaart nominations here.

Now to the business. This award hasn't visited Victoria for a while (& I'm sure the daft old bat is feeling left out), so in an attempt to simplify my decision making I'd decided it ought to go there. "Aye right" as we say where I live. So I've spent a week dithering over 2 superb narrative AARs, a stupendous comic book AAR and a briliant History Book (I'll leave it to your imaginations to work out which ones I mean - even better go and read AARs at random), & in the end came up with one.

Now many AARs open with a well drawn, impressive banner, stating the authors intent to weave a tale of great deeds, nobility and evil. Well my choice opens with this:

jointheguards.png

So congratulations to MorningSIDEr for Soks to be You: A Sokoto V2 AAR, your new showcase of the week.

Congratulations MorningSIDEr; yours is a fabulously humorous AAR with epic results. I've enjoyed reading it and thought I'd pitch in to say congratulations on your well-deserved showcase.

Congratulations!

Congratulations, morningSIDEr! It's about time the pink and green won this award; They've conquered pretty much everything else on the map!

Congratulations! A worthier man never conquered the award!

Congratulations morningSIDEr! Another AAR I need to read on my list!