+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 266 FirstFirst ... 33 58 83 108 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 158 183 208 233 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 5310

Thread: Weekly AAR Showcase: Elefthería i thánatos

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Congrats democratickid!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Cisár všetkých Slovákov demokratickid's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Treppe View Post
    Congratulations demokratickid! This honour is truly well deserved. I only can second robou's post your Ireland AAR's are great (haven't read any others by you) but may I complain a little bit about lacking maps lately?
    Anyways enjoy your week in the spotlight.
    Thank you, and I love viewing maps, I really do, but I think they're a bugger to create. So, I'll make tham, just might take me a bit...
    Current AAR: Das Vereinigte Königreich von Mitteleuropa - Last Updated: October 19, 2011
    My illustrious Inkwell is right here for your enjoyment!
    AWARDED: Irish Shamrock Cookie by King_Richard_XI
    I'VE BEEN CANONIZED

Cisár všetkých Slovákov demokratickid's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Well, I guess I'm a day late in the pronouncement of this week's AAR showcase. For that, I do apologise. But, I think it is well worth the wait, because this week's AAR showcase goes to one of my favorite AARs running in the forums right now. This week, we'll be jumping out of the HoI run-around we've been in and going to Victoria. The showcase goes to, of course, Treppe's magnificent AAR, Libertad o Muerte!
    Current AAR: Das Vereinigte Königreich von Mitteleuropa - Last Updated: October 19, 2011
    My illustrious Inkwell is right here for your enjoyment!
    AWARDED: Irish Shamrock Cookie by King_Richard_XI
    I'VE BEEN CANONIZED

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Congratulations, Treppe!
    Return to Glory: A Germania AAR
    WritAAR of the week for the week of 6-10-07, Favorite New Writer Overall for Q2 2007, Best Character Writer of the Week 7-18-08

The Grand Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt: A History

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congratulations old fruit
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Congratulations to you, Treppe!
    Weltkriegschaft
    The Alternate History of the Third Reich

HoI1/2/3 Favorite Narrative AAR: Q1 2008 & Q3 2008 & Q2 2009, Best Character Writer of the Week: 18/5/08 & 10/11/08
    Weekly AAR Showcase: 12/10/08, WritAAR of the Week: 05/08/08,
    Canonized on 08-06-08

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

Congrats, Treppe!
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Congrats Treppe!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

gratz treppe!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Treppe! Your graphics bring tears to my eyes...

Sons of Santiago - Restored Narrative AAR for Victoria II

Last Update: 25/09/2012

-------------------------------------------------
    The Inkwell - All my, and many others, AARs in one place!
    I've Been Canonized! and made Patron Saint of TimeTravellers

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congratulations Treppe!
    The King's First Minister - a UK AAR

Character Writer of the Week 15/12/08
    Character Writer of the Week 10/08/09
    Character Writer of the Week 04/10/09

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Well done Treppe. Congratulations!
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congratulations!
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Congrats, Treppe!
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Deserved congratulations.
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

4chan is so mature today Storm501's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourHearts of Iron III

Blog Entries
    Gratz!
    DCT THRED Q41 NEDUL/N0150A030 SAM/N0150F045 DCT SAM283035/N0150F035 DCT BIA
    DCT THRED Q41 ORTAC/N0150A020 DCT ALD/N0150A030 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035 DCT EXMOR/N0150F070 N864 MULIT/N0150A035 DCT EX/N0150F050 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035 DCT EXMOR/N0150A060 DCT CDF/N0150F055 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035 DCT EXMOR/N0150A060 DCT BRI/N0150F055 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035/N0150F040 DCT YVL/N0150F055 DCT BIA

RMK/ TRNG REQ 2H PF EGFF 1100 H RI EGHH 1230

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2

Well this award truly hit me out of nowhere. I hadn't expected an honor like this at all.

Therefore I like to thank demokratickid for the nomination but even more so for his dedicated readership. Furthermore I like to thank all my readers who give me the motivation to just do another update, especially the little but dedicated group of regular readers and commenters who not only motivate me in dire times but also give useful hints and insights into south american history.

When I began writing on "Libertad o Muerte!" one year ago I didn't had a special story in mind, I just wondered what would happen if Argentina joined the Piratini Republic against Brazil. With this point of divergence and my basic modding skills I just started of. First I chose a rather uncommon writing style. To every screenshot and/or event I wrote a short story told from the point of view of one of the participants. I enjoyed this writing style very much, but it soon became clear that it was much harder to maintain than writing more objective history-book like updates and that many readers didn't liked it as much as I did for the absence of a leitmotif. And thus I abandoned the fictional historical sources style updates and continued with the history book style updates.
    In the past twelve month the shape and faith of Argentina changed multiple times in only 28 ingame years (1836-54) in which a miltaristic expansionist Argentina under President-Dictator Rosas conquered half of southern South America followed by a reactionary absolute monarchy under Carlos I. from the House of Bourbon who renamed the country Platinea, who built the first railroads and factories in South America but who was also extremely repressive and thus became overthrown by a liberal revolution in 1849 lead by students and supported by Prince Juan and the military high command. After the revolution King Juan I. accepted a most liberal constitution and the liberals won the first elections appointing José de San Martín as Prime Minister. In these first years of freedom and liberty Platinea experienced an unbelievable cultural and industrial boom with a growing rate of immigrants from europe coming to Platinea.
    And now the next general elections are upcoming, with liberals and conservatives in a close race head to head, making the outcome too close to call.
    [If this brief summary made you curious, head over and get enthralled by the beauty and the flavor of a rather differen south american AAR. I would recommend to read the summaries about Rosas and Carlos and then continue with the following posts]

I'm sorry for a lack of major action in the last few updates but it wouldn't be wise nor very funny to go frim war to war or from revolution to revolution without periods of consolidation and economic growth. But I can promise you I wouldn't focus on economic growth and maxing out immigration alone for the rest of the game (even as it seems to be the best option).
    Furthermore I will try to break up my history book updates with some "fictional historical sources" from time to time, to put again some flesh onto the frame of history book updates.

So I guess I've written enough and therefore no personal stuff this time.
    I will most probably anounce a successor this evening.
    >>> Weekly AAR Showcase 27|04|2009 <<<
    "May the sun of june be as bright as the sun of may!" - King Juan I.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Many many congratulations , sir great speech !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2

It's a great pleasure to present you this weeks winner.
    Qwerkus' excellent AAR:
    The real purpose of war: an alternate WWI gameplay AAR

Qwerkus the spotlight is yours step up and receive your honors.
    >>> Weekly AAR Showcase 27|04|2009 <<<
    "May the sun of june be as bright as the sun of may!" - King Juan I.

+ Reply to Thread