• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Produce Pete
Sometime in 1452 England annexed Burghundy
Ack! I couldn't play today and missed this. As readers of my Orleanais thread know, and from some beta thread chatting, I specialize in being annexed. It just shows that I tainted poor Burgundy by playing it the other day.

I must have missed it, but does Sweden start with such a bad rep, or did Johan deserve all the hatred all his neighbors hold for him?

Re: Re: ditto

From all of the multi-player AAR's, you can see that we've gotten Johan addicted to MP, and recently, almost every single "bug fix" has been a MP bug fix =p

poor SP guys =)

This may be the first game ever released where the MP works great and it's the Sp that needs to wait until the tenth patch. :) Just kidding, guys. It sounds like the beta is going great and a lot of the bugs will be vetted before release. Keep it up!

Christopher

Played a bit more today.

1462 series of revolts start in ex-burghundy areas against English rule

November 8, 1462 : Poland accepted peace with Kazan on the following terms : Poland pays 50$ in indemnities
Must be the worst peace BiB has made during the game.

1464 Tuscany rules virtually all of Italy, bar naples (ruled by aragon) and venice and modena.

November 22, 1463 : Golden Horde accepted peace with Bohemia on the following terms : Azow to Bohemia.
February 4, 1464 : Bohemia left the Military Alliance she had with Poland, Pommern and Denmark.
February 15, 1464 : Bohemia joined a military alliance with Poland and Denmark.
February 15, 1464 : Bohemia joined the war on the same side as Poland and Denmark in their war against Golden Horde, Astrakhan, Algiers and Fez.
CHEEKY!
Bad Johan BAD!

Johan's badboy wars begin: September 15, 1464 : The Palatinat joined the war on the same side as Hessen, Kleves, Münster and Cologne in their war against Bohemia

January 2, 1465 : Savoy has sent us an insult. - Big mistake.
built armies in nearby Milan and..
August 7, 1465 : Austria declared war upon Savoy.
August 7, 1466 : Savoy accepted peace with Helvetia on the following terms : Piemonte to Helvetia
July 18, 1467 Austria annexed Savoy (1 province)

Revolts aginst English rule in the former Burghundy result in..
December 1, 1471 : The people of Netherlands declared independence from England.
December 1, 1471 : Netherlands declared war upon England.
What the..?
England then asked me to join the war against Netherlands,m didn't even know I was allied to them.. but...
December 13, 1471 : Austria joined the war on the same side as England in their war against Netherlands

Netherlands made peace with England giving them Flanders. in 1471 Netherlands is independent!

Poland is huge, BiB's basically annexed the golden horde and the Astrkhan or something, the corridor to Siberia is open.. but he has no colonists..
novgorod did nothing today
Bohemia grew by adding 3 or 4 german city states to itself.

Austria only took one Savoyan province today. austria also upgraded all of it's forts.. If I recall..

There I was busy trying to lower my BB and improve relations across the board, and BiB and Johan are warring the whole world!

We played on till 1473 today. The Polish Horde still reigns supreme.

We're busy spreading the catholic faith over the Russian steppes. Though undercover Novgorodian Orthox priests are sabotaging us. However we will not give up! The True Faith must be spread.

Our war with the Teutonic Order ended in a stalemate as Novgorod refused us military access. They will get their comeuppance one day! However for now we were distracted by alliance matters.

The Polish Alliance consists of plenty vassals : Ukraine, Bohemia and Pommerania. We were also able to break the Novgorodian-Danish alliance but we lost Denamrk to another alliance.

Bohemia, the scorn of Central Europe drew us into a few wars. However for now we just supported them financially and sent over the Pommeranian armies while we looked wary unto the Golden Horde, which was still very much alive. We could not stand for those infidel scum to suppress christians, even if they were Orthodox. After the earlier 3 prov gain against them we now went all out, calling in help from every ally. We were not to be denied. We crushed them and favourable peace terms were agreed to.

The Astrakhan is now our vassal and we got access to Siberia. The Crimea is now a Bohemian vassal. Pommerania got indemnities and Ukraine now has a nice powerbase. Poland now stretches from the Baltic to the Black Sea and into Siberia. Kazan as of yet still eludes us.

However the Polish yoke wasn't welcomed with open arms as rebels took to the arms. Nothing the Polish Hussars can't fix though. Missionaries in their trail. However we now have muslims in our realm and must beware for overstretching.

Troop movements were noted at both sides of the Polish-Nogorodian vorder but once again the situation in the HRE caught our attention. One province Muscowy in between us.

Bohemia had managed to set up a Higher Bohemia in the HRE aroudn MAgdeburg and Hannover. However the surrounding principalites there did not like this very much and firged a huge alliance and decided to take out Bohemia. They were in very dire straits and were beyond finacial help. We left the Ukrainians in charge of quelling the steppe rebels while we dispatched 2 detachments of Polish Hussars to the HRE, for the first time. Thru Pommerania and Mageburg we arrived at the battlefield to ease the batle in its deciding shape. The rebels in Magdeburg, seeking independence, were crushed. Kleves was overrun and Hannover re-captured. The German alliance saw the futility of their resistance and surrendered. Pommerania got Kleves as vassal, Bohemia got a much needed financial boost and the Poles returned home carrying the eternal gratitude of the Bohemians. Time to put Far Poland to rest.

Poland is huge, BiB's basically annexed the golden horde and the Astrkhan or something, the corridor to Siberia is open.. but he has no colonists..

Well, that happens if u gear ur domestic policies towards other priorities :D No colonists but on the other hand it's been a looooong while since the Polish hussar were beaten :D

We're working on it though. Slowly ... but it's not a priority.

Originally posted by BiB

A bigger fort :D

As in a level 2 or higher fort, or is it some sort of special structure?

droooooooooooooooooooool

^thinks^ I need a drool emoticon.........................

I can imagine the Polish cavalry... droooooooooll

HEY WAIT!
THIS IS SO UNREALISITIC!
The HUSSARS were used in the 16th century as LIGHT CAVALRY!

This game SUCKS! I am NOT buying IT!

haahaha, not (I wish!) :D

Another few decades rolling on. Poland has in fact overstretched. We can't control the muslim hordes on the steppes and they are now no longer taking orders from the government. However this does not mean our army isn't strong anymore, in fact it is only getting stronger. However they won't be wasted on guerrillas who have no message to our preaching. However our recatholisation in Lithuania turned out to be very succesful. Plenty more catholics were baptised, much to the dismay of the Novgorodians. Our nation was in a prolonged state of disarray though and the nobles kept creating troubles. In order to counter that we're building an art academy. Cost us a few dimes though. But so worth it.

Played a bit more today..

BiB still leads in VP but Poland's Empire is falling apart. BiB didn't fight a single war today.

It's now 1489.

February 6, 1474 : Austria declared war upon Ragusa.
I wanted a port. Ragusa was unallied. I had military access through venice, croatia and serbia, so I took my moment and annexed them for a port.
December 21, 1476 : Ragusa accepted our generous peace offer.
(We annexed them)

Spent some time upgrading forts.

January 10, 1481 : Austria declared war upon Mecklenburg.
Mecklenburg ruled Thuringen, and I wanted them so I'd have a land passage to my Saxon province. So in a brief war, Mecklenburg was forced to make peace giving Austria Thuringen and 170 gc.

BiB's doing nothing but whining now..
JOHAN (Bohemia) : you overexpanded bib
Huszics (Novgorod) : all U do is complain BiB =)
BiB (Poland) : tell me sommink I don't know :)
BiB (Poland) : though I am yet to get a pos stab event
PPete (Austria) : yeah, be austria and stick to german provinces.. same culture = win
JOHAN (Bohemia) : hmmmm

Doomie, as France, kicked English butt..
December 30, 1482 : France accepted peace with England on the following terms : Artois to France, Bourgogne to France, Orleanais to France & Franche Comté to France.

Bohemia lost a war to the Platinat and gave them the province of Hessen, but quickly thereafter they invaded and annexed Brandenburg.

Whose economy kicks ass?
JOHAN (Bohemia) : 18 ducats for each infantry
BiB (Poland) : I get my cav cheaper
JOHAN (Bohemia) : 18,32, 87 for me now..
Huszics (Novgorod) : 13,25,59 here
PPete (Austria) :5,12,34 here
BiB (Poland) : 7 14 56
PPete (Austria) :w00t, ive been best at controlling inflation

Bohemia attacked Mecklenburg..
May 13, 1486. Mecklenburg accepted peace with Bohemia on the following terms : Full Annexation of Mecklenburg by Bohemia

Austria exchanged maps for fun.. discovered India, Zanzibar and Atjeh!

We've done good..
May 1, 1486 : You were promoted to Regent.

Baden is still HRE. Virtually all Austrian provinces are level 2 forts now, we have a port, and added 2 provinces to our nation. Bohemia lost 1 province but added 2, so they're +1 for today. Poland did nothing. Novgorod was awful quiet too.

BiB has about 700 VP's, I have about 500. France (doomie today) has 420 or so. France is better than before but still nowhere near where it would be in the 1492 start. So they still have quite a bit to go.

Austria is very big, as is Poland, But all Austrian provinces are catholic, and all bar 3 are German culture. There's Ragusa, Savoy and that one Hungarian province that are of ungerman origins. But they're quite happy living as part of the Austrian Empire.

Austria has not gotten a single leader so far =( *Greven, doomie, do you're job! =p* But has done great. I havent had to take out a single loan.

Another day, another twenty years of fiscal disaster!

I forgot to renew my alliance when Bib sometime in early 1480's so I lost a war against the Palatinat and had to surrender Hessen.

Then I focused on gobbling up two small alone 1province nations that nobody was protecting, Brandenburg and Mecklenburg.

My inflation is now about 130% and my technology is way behind.

Time to start lying low for a few decades...

Hmmm... I had no idea

Not that there's anything wrong with 'laying low together' mind you...